December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

arrrgh life is stressful grrrr, anyway time to crack on with the housework again

I do the housework in the morning and a hour later its a mess lol

We're moving in just over a week so we've got packing to do on top of keeping the flat as spotless as possible for viewings! Is so much work! Luckily my husband's great and deals with the cleaning side of things mostly! I didn't really do a lot before pregnancy but now I do very little indeed as I find it hard managing it! Can't wait until the move's over with and we're settled in the new place! Especially as my main role will be making sure that all the bills, etc are carried over properly and our address is changed with everyone important!

Beca :wave:

ugh, we are moving too, Oct. 1st. It seems like soo much work to get everything packed and changed over!

I'm moving too!!! We still don't have a date yet though :s
I'm hoping it will be next month sometime. I can't wait!!!
I'm nesting big time and cannot wait to do it in my own home. I can clean something here and when I go back in 5mins its filthy again! Grr!

i wish i was moving but no such luck stuck till baby is here and then i'll be moving with 2 toddlers and a newborn

We cant move yet we av to go bk to council so got to get my name on OHs application but cus contract is every 6 months it runs out this month and we av to do another 6 months cus we wont get anywhere in a week. We just cant afford private anymore

i moved a few weeks ago but i think i have ocd so place was unpacked and sorted within a few days i cant seem to relax im constantly cleaning definilty nesting on top of that i swear all i do all day is clean and organise iv always been like this but pregnancy has made it worse

Eeek! We're now being told November sometime for our house, I'm getting worried it wont be ready by December. I CANNOT live here with a newborn, I know mil will interfere too much (with good intentions) and constantly want to hold the baby and I'll have to spend the whole time in our bedroom bfing which wont be fair on dd!

We are moving in a few weeks too, 250 miles away so a big move. Thankfully the removals are packing for us, just will need to do the unpacking at the other house. I am in mega cleaning mode at the moment, was sorting through kitchen cupboards at midnight last week much to my hubbys annoyance, I have thrown so much stuff out that we have had to make 2 trips to the dump this week! x

hiya

Well usual farce at the midwife for my 28w appointment. told me more blatantly wrong information like theres no breast milk banks in the uk (FYI https://www.ukamb.org/) and told me to google the risks of the flu jab in pregnancy, thats her answer to everything - make shit up and tell me to google the rest.

Im changing MW tho so next one at 31w should be with someone new.

id be changing mw's too its their job to know things like about the local milk banks how else are new first time mums gonna get that info?

my DH is off work for some holiday time so we are splitting the school run atm which is nice caus i dont have to manage the puschair on the walk up and down the hills as DH can watch ds2 for me when i do my half. ive figured my PGP really doesnt like me pushing anything or vaccuming lol so its gonna be fun with the stroller for the rest of the term as ds2 cant walk all the way to the school 2wice a day. so its settled the last couple of days with not having to use the stroller. its nice sharing the parenting and homebody duties out 50/50 with DH lol he acted like he wanted a medal yesterday when he didnt even take half of what I normally do lol.

there is a milk bank in southampton, but i think there's one near bizzal as well, off the top of my head, i emailed the info lady about donating milk and got back, contact me after baby is born enjoy your pregnancy. which really annoyed me to be honest i was looking for info and was fobbed off

google???? the one thing your DR and other MW's beg you to avoid

I emailed the Southampton one today so will see what they say. I don't even mind paying for it if needs be but I'd much prefer it to formula and it would so take the pressure off as if I can't feed him loads every three hrs it might be formula or glucose drip.

All she rly did was test my pee and again tell me of all the horrible things which are gonna happen to me. Thanks, I can get the strips off amazon and google 'useless horror stories about birth' myself.

Welcome Trying :). I'm an Edmontonian too though I live downunder now :hi:

That mw sounds horrible, glad you will be seeing another. Wow how unhelpful she is!

Hi and welcome Trying4angel1!

I am in full nesting mode, I keep freaking out that I don't have everything ready yet.

Hey all!

I had an appt today. Did my GD test and got a Rhogam shot because apparently I'm RHneg. I also got told to schedule a growth scan so Yay! Another look at baby.

We also had our 2nd (of 6) prenatal class this evening. Among other things, the nurse leading the class discussed how admitting will work and gave us a printed list of what to bring to the hospital. I feel so much more confident knowing how all this stuff is going to work. Our hospital tour is during the 4th class in 2 weeks.

had an email from the had of midwifery who was lovely and basically said yes thats rly worrying, the mw at least have leaflets about things such as the flu jab so even if she doesnt know the info she should just give me the leaflet. glad i mentioned it now, theyre swapping me to the other mw in the practice which im a bit worried about as they share patients if theyre on hols etc so dunno what would happen there, i literally refuse to see that old mw from now on as its getting to the time where things get important. a friend of a friend reported something to her mw at 20w and was fobbed off, ended up not going well at all.... theyre the first people we turn to if we need something or are worried about something, oh that and GOOGLE!!

My SIL announced that shes decided to have a c section last night, she started saying it was because baby was 3w ahead by fundal height, which everyone knows means virtially nothing, then it came out its basically because shes scared which is really sad. every birth is different but because shes had one c section and one vbac her mw has pressured into the medical route which isnt necessarily safer! Her consultant has said shes fine for a vbac but I suppose it reduces the fear thinking that someone else is responsible for it even if the risks are the same.

Im gonna have to keep my trap shut about it as its her decision after all and Im not gonna compound the issue, but my MIL is such a nightmare, will be telling me how sensible SIL is for doing it and how abnormal my plans for a normal birth are. sigh. and these are the in laws! my 'rents are actually not so bad. not rly what i signed up for, his family=his problem tbh!

Hope everyones well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->