December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

If you do eat I'd eat at least an hour (two would be better) before the test. Then it's less likely to screw up the numbers.

Hm it might slow down your absorption of the sugar if it affects your stomach acid. Give em a call.

you lucky ladies that get to eat before the glucose test here its a 12 hr fast before the test they dont let you eat from 8pm the night before and your only allowed sips of water. its no wonder we feel queasy a whole bottle of lucozade on an empty stomach

Just had my glucose test this week. Fasting wasnt bad but the receptionist didnt give the nurse my paperwork until 30min after I arrived, so I ended up sitting in the waiting room for 45min before starting the blood work. Everyone was quite apologetic though, so aside from that the whole thing wasnt bad.

i hate lucozade :sick: is it standard policy in the uk to have that test? is it new? i didnt have this with dd and have not heard anything about it unless you have symptoms other wise i didnt think they tested you.

Had my GTT today - one hour non-fasting. I ate toast and an egg for breakfast about an hour before the test started, and the Pathologist was pleased when I told her what I'd eaten when she asked if I'd had breakfast. My drink had been chilled and just tasted like Sprite, so all in all it wasn't bad. I just hope the results are good so I don't need the fasting one!

i hate lucozade :sick: is it standard policy in the uk to have that test? is it new? i didnt have this with dd and have not heard anything about it unless you have symptoms other wise i didnt think they tested you.

I have never had it with any of mine and I haven't had it this time my midwife said that it's not standard testing anymore just like here they don't lustre to baby's heartbeat with doppler anymore which I was gutted about. Routine bloods at 28 weeks apparently would show up if you needed the test doing. X

Morning Ladies, hope you are all well.

Will add the newbies to the front page in a mo, welcome :)

Does everyone have a GTT test? I never had one with my daughter and not having one this time, my midwife hasn't said anything anyway x

It seems that it depends on your area :shrug: If your midwife hasn't said anything by now then I can't imagine you'll be getting one unless routine bloodwork indicates that you should.

well i had mine on friday and what a fun filled day

was so incredibly thristy, went to hospital and it took them half and hour to find a vien, the fact i hadn't been drinking as per instruction didn't really help matters, the phlebotomist tried twice in each arm and couldn't find a vein and had to go and get a midwife, who was lucky 2nd time........ then i'd taken the wrong bottle of lucozade, it was two small

i had to have the NHS orange stuff, and OMG it was yummy, i asked if i could go back and do the test it was like orange jelly, yum!

during the 2 hr wait i did feel very ill, infact i was a little sick, but managed to not let it escape!

then back for the next blood draw and a bit more fun finding a vein!

should really call up for my results..... where's the number lol

Out of interest does anyone know what happens if you fail the gtt?
Does it just mean You'll have a bigger baby or are there other risks etc?

horrah i passed!!

if you fail you have to restrict your sugar intake by diet....... and have your levels monitored

If you don't do the things pp mentioned, you may have to be put on insulin and if still the sugar can't be controlled then you will have a larger baby that will have to be taken earlier and may not be as developed as he/she should be.

I have an u/s next week Tuesday, I hope my LO is cooperative last time for the entire u/s all he gave us was his back. Did not turn around not once. :( so no good pics.

Ahh right, was just hoping it would mean a bigger baby, which would be handly lol.

I've just had my growth scan letter through for the 13/10/11.
Hopefully baby has grown lots as we're quite worried at the mo :(

I'm diabetic and on insulin since 20w. If your levels aren't controlled at this stage of pregnancy baby tends to grows with a big chest so more likely to get stuck so it's not size per se, if you have a 12lb baby which is proportionate then that's a different issue

Its not rly that hard to keep the levels controlled tho unless you eat tons of stuff you shouldn't so after a few weeks things are usually balanced/you go on insulin. Either way it's manageable.

I've my growth scan this afternoon. Waste of time rly as theyre horribly inaccurate. Have shingles tho now so good that i can talk to a consultant....

Ive not been given a growth scan :( dont see MW till 34 weeks now so doubt ill get one

We've only got a growth scan because babies head is so small its not even registering on the scale :(
The annoying thing is we haven't been told why or what it could mean so We've been left to stress for 2months until we have the scan. I'm quite upset about it tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->