December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

I had a horrible day yesterday :(

I had a call at 10:30 from my midwife asking if I knew I had an appointment at 10!!!
I'd managed to get my days confused, I thought my gtt and 28 week appointment were on Friday! (I even arranged for someone to watch dd) BUT it turns out it was all booked for wed!

I managed to rebook my gtt for Tuesday and they found an appointment at the midwives (instead of my drs surgery) for later that day.

I had no one to watch dd for me so had to take her with me and as I was possibly the hottest day of the year I left 45mins early so I could have a slow walk there (its about 25 mins away)

My appoinment was about 25mins late which is pretty good going for them.

The midwife took my bp and I knew straight away it wasn't good news :(
She took it a few times and then got on with the rest of the appointment to take my mind off of it, I got to hear puddings Hb :) which is still around 140bpm (a boys Hb!)
The midwife then took my bp again and had to call DAU at the hospital as it was still 140/100 :(

Luckily as it was 4:30 they weren't busy and said to come down asap. (But tbh they would say that even if they were busy!)
I called oh who had just got home from work and he came to pick me and dd up.

We dropped dd home with mil and I packed an over night bag, just incase as I was admitted to hospital loads of times with bp probs last time.

I got a bit sad in the car to the hospital as I have never left dd over night before :(

Anyway, we got to the DAU at around 5. They had trouble getting blood out of my rubbish veins lol. My bp had gone down to 130/88 (I think) went on a trace for 20 mins and all was fine, had a scan to check the cord flow, all was fine :)

We then had to hang around till 7to get my blood results and to see a dr.

My bloods were fine, my uric acid was only 233!!!!! (300 is upper normal) in my last pregnancy (at 28 weeks when my bp went wrong) it was 320, so I'm feeling quite happy with the result :)
The dr said my bp was still high but she was happy for me to go home!!!!! :happydance:

I'm going to have to have weekly checks for my bp now :(

But I think it was just an unlucky reading at the midwives, I have white coat syndrome (because of my last pregnancy) I was bloody boiling!!! Had dd with me and had walked there.

Anyway, sorry for the long story and possible typos (I'm on my phone)
Please keep your fingers crossed that my bp stays normal.

oh sorry you had such a stressful day, it was SO hot here yday wasnt it, i was literally melting. didnt help that there was another preggo sitting next to me cool as a cucumber. bitch :rofl:

glad the bp was just a lil blip, sounds sensible to monitor things esp with your history, hopefully they wont have to do any more :) have no idea what uric acid is, is that the protein in the pee they always check for? sounds like a good number youve got there

Uric acid is in your blood, its a big indicator of pre eclampsia.
I've got to walk to the midwives again tomorrow to check my bp and its supposed to be even hotter!!! So I imagine tomorrow will be the same as yesterday lol

urgh. im not checking the weather as its too depressing. i hate the heat at the best of times. just take it easy, even tho you did yday too. are you drinking enough fluids at the moment? hard to get so much down you sometimes esp as the weather has gone from not to hot in a day.

am off tmw tho and might go to aqua aerobics. havent been for weeks as the thought of chlorine on my shingles was just ouch, but it seems to be lots better now so the water might cool me down. then we have someone coming to fix the dishwasher which apparently has a part in which is a fire risk so its being done for free - 40,000 machines being fixed. they actually arrived *wednesday* to fix my *washing machine*, i was like ummmm......hope they bloody turn up tmw.

:hugs: tannenbaum, sorry about your BP blip at least they are taking care of you and watching things for you.
My washing machine has broke so i have to go to the laundret today to wash the nappies that only got half a rinse cycle yesterday

oh no, thats rly not what you want when youre in cloth. least this awful weather means you can get them dry tho.

yeah i use prefolds alot though and they hold so much water and are hard to wring out :(

Theres no other way for you to get to your appointments, Tann? I doubt the walk in the intense heat is helping your bp much... Today while I was having a stress test done on the girls, my nurse gave me shit for 'walking speedily' from where we parked (and then proceeded to give my man shit for not dropping me off :dohh::rofl:) as the brisk walk caused me to begin cramping, and made my heart race a bit worse than normal.
Regardless, I sincerely hope your bp stays under control... I hope even more that you can somehow manage to keep a bit cooler! Its so uncomfortable sitting in your docs office, sweating your ass off... I hated it with my first pregnancy (my son was born in August) sitting all sweaty than having to strip for a check, or swab or something...:dohh: I think once I even freshened myself up in the bathroom with soap and their cheap toilet paper! :rofl:

Ultrasounds and stress tests for me every week now until the girls are born... CRAZINESS! Am also on the lookout for ways to flip these babies (both are feet first with their heads in my lungs)! I realize with twins its going to be a bit harder, and probably sheer luck if I can even manage to get the leading twin to go head first at all, especially since Im still hoping to be pregnant for another 2 months, but I figure its worth a try... I'll try just about anything to avoid having a c-section; the mere thought scares the bejesus out of me!

Hope everyone else is doing well... thinking of you, girls!
:hugs:

Amazon have groeggs for £7 delivered and new oO I'm not 100% sure if we'll use it but will sell on eBay if not. They're around £20 usually

Having a duvet day. And a biscuit tin day. Might venture out for some food in a bit. Lush.

im HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT had to do the pick up from nursery and im roasting trying desperately to rehydrate myself and ease the puffiness in my ankles, gotta get these kids up for a nap so i can just colapse in the cool

God tell me about it. I've got cooling foot gel on and the fan on me with feet up. Bloody glad Ive got the day off as Ive rly struggled working with it like this.

Thanks for the kind msg's everyone!
I have good news!!!!!
My bp has gone back to 120/70 so it must have been high because of the heat! Phew! The only problem now is I have to have weekly monitoring now but that's better than being in and out of hospital and having pe and a possible prem baby! So things are looking good.

Gonna go outside and play in the paddling pool with dd now :happydance:

Brilliant news. Are they short appts just to check your bp? Might not be so bad if you can just pop in while you do something else as well

Yay glad to hear your bp is normal again Tann! Hopefully it stays that way at all your weekly monitoring appointments.

Yeah they're only about 10 mins but I wont be doing anything else out that way as there in hartcliffe/witthywood lol!! (I'm unsure which area is which)

Ah well nice bit if exercise for ya ^^ just take it easy

My dishwasher man is on his way. Woo. Would have put money on them not coming. Then going for cocktails and burritos later on with dh's work

Ooh cocktails!! Lucky! Even non alcoholic ones are yummy!
I've just made ice pops for tomorrow :)

Mom ice pops i need one and a nice paddling pool to sit in would be nice too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"