December Snowflakes - 2011 Babies - IT IS FINALLY OUR MONTH!

Had my 12 week scan today - I am so happy and relieved that everything was ok. I cried loads and could have watched the baby all day. My new EDD is 13/12/11 :)

What did you write? Been trying to think of something different from the usual smugness. Need ideas!

i put that me n oh were expecting another baby but was going put that i was cooking another bun in the oven :) x x

Well, yesterday I went for my emergency scan. Had some spotting on Tuesday afternoon and headed straight for the doctor, where he did not examine me, and one of the first words out of his mouth after hearing about my spotting said "Well, you know 1 in 4 pregnancies ends in miscarriage". WHAT?! I'm very aware of that, but you don't have to say it like that!!

Anyway, my scan was yesterday and we got to see LO!! It's little heart was beating so fast, little movement but she said it must be "napping". Gave us a picture and told us everything looked good, but to follow up with my doctor today to get the test results, and my due date. :thumbup:

One thing, at the scan, she had a very confused look on her face (which scared the crap out of me) until she said "Have you had any C-sections"? (I had already explained that this was baby #4 for us). I replied "No". She then told me that my bladder and uterus don't line up? Bladder is on the right, uterus is on the left, and it's difficult to get right in there and see, so she had to press a bit harder.

She wasn't concerned, just told me that I didn't need to drink all the water I did and go through the pain of needing to pee so bad since it didn't really make a difference anway! She told me next time I can just drink one glass of water and that should be fine. :thumbup:

I also have my regular scheduled scan for June 2, next Thursday. DH "doesn't see the point", but he's a guy, he wouldn't... LOL

I don't think drs realise that were told the 1 in 4 statistic by every single medical professional we see. I understand that they want to prepare us for the worst but honestly it's unneeded.

The majority of those stats are early losses so they skew the results.

Glad the scan went well and hope the drs are less doom mongering from here on

i agree after 12 wks and seeing a heartbeat the chance of m/c is about 3% if that,ul be fine hun just try relax and spotting could of been ur cervix or because it was about the time you would have af if wasnt pregnant as some ladies have a proper af every month when pregnant and still have healthy babies,id honestly try and enjoy being pregnant now as im sure you will be taking ur baby home with you :) x x x

i put, ".. Has started her Christmas baking off with a bun.." and changed my profile pic to a bun in the oven lol

I read one on here I liked "you know it's the 21st c when you spend hours constructing the perfect way to announce your pregnancy on fb"

Also like "I for one welcome our new foetal overlord" ^^

Oohh... I can't wait to announce on Facebook! If all goes well with seeing my doctor this afternoon I think I'm going to spill the beans! Just have to think of a clever way to do it. I need something sarcastic/to the point, so that when I announce I'm not getting those comments of "Another one?", or "3 wasn't enough?" <--- That last one was sent to me through a facebook message by my aunt who lives 15 hours away from me. Nice.

Say that 4 is your new favorite # as of _____(EDD)

Or say yes another one, 3 isn't enough, it's not twins etc. Preempt all the snide remarks

i saw one that was a t-shirt that said

"Yes im pregnant again
Yes i know what causes it,
No my tv isnt broken and
No we dont have enough yet"

Thanks ladies, all good comments! I think the thing that gets me is the fact that you can only announce it on Facebook once... So it better be good! I didn't join Facebook until all 3 of my kids were born, so this is my first announcement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->