*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Good morning snowflakes :flower:

I hope everyone is doing well.

Ocean_Pearl my little one was breech too at my 20 week scan but doc said not to worry, he has plenty of time to turn. He's so active I wouldn't be surprised, it's like he's doing somersaults on a daily basis.

Welcome Mrs Gibbo! Congrats on your two little ones and cute bump pic!

Expat, I've been getting pains as well. I just blame them on baby and all of his growing.

I'm 23 weeks - only 6 days left until my V-Day! Little one stayed up later than normal last night and was awake very early this morning. Quite different from normal. He's usually crazy busy during the day and worn out by the time I get home. He better not be turning out to be a night owl - b/c I am not! I feel movement above my belly button now and even still down low at times. I wonder what position he is in.

Last night I had times where I was very uncomfortable for a few minutes at a time. It happened about 3 times. It felt like period cramps. Do you ladies think those are braxton hicks? Has anyone had them or know what they feel like?

Probably Braxton Hicks :)

My little girl has her head or her butt pushed up pretty hard on the top left of my bump and it's so tender to touch! Ouch!

Hi all

Just thought id post a little tip, feel free to use or comment but it has helped me out no end, although I've tried with every baby, due to an ill formed nipple I am unable to breast feed so I don't have any choice but to bottle feed, however I wanted it to be as instant as breast feeding so to enable this I never once warmed any bottles, instead I made the bottles up with boiled water and didn't add any milk powder, just stood them on the work top ( for a maximum of 24hours) rather than in the fridge otherwise they'd be too cold, I measured out the formula in separate pots and then as soon as baby was hungry just tipped the powder in, a quick shake and we're ready to go!! Only a few seconds longer than whipping a booby out and especially useful in the middle of the night as it stops baby screaming the house down and waking everybody else up,

It means the milk is room temperature when they drink it rather than warm but unless they've been fed warm milk previously then they'll never know any different,

It has worked for 3 babies before this one so I'll def be doing it again xx

Apparently there's no medical reason to warm a bottle and room temperature is just fine. I read that recently and though, what? we've been warming these bottles for years for no reason? lol

GIBBS!!! How exciting to have you and your two bubs here! I'm due on December 10th -- can't wait to share the journey with you! And OMG your bump is cute with your tiny little skinny legs...

I've been having a few crampy pains here and there, similar to ligament pains but usually those are brought on by position changes and these ones just come and go as they please. I have no idea what Braxton Hicks feel like, but these cramps feel quite mild so I'm not sure they're anything but a bit of stretch. I think the baby is about to undergo a growth spurt because I've been STARVING. Woke up yesterday and felt bump had gotten bigger overnight.

DH can now feel baby moving from the outside -- YAY! He's impatient so gets antsy if baby doesn't kick right away...but to have him feel that just makes me so happy. And every time he touches my belly, especially if he rubs it, I get a huge wave of peace and happiness like some rush of hormones is being released. I LOOOVE it. Anyone else get it?

Also, has anyone had a return of first trimester type symptoms? I've got some mild (very mild) nausea back and the fatigue has returned!!! Sleeping is hit or miss, definitely waking up more often to toss and turn and back is sore in the morning, especially if I accidentally kick my preggo pillow away (or the dog steals it, which has happened twice now).

And finally, I also feel that this stage of pregnancy is, as one book described it, the middle of a very long road trip. No more scans, certainly not "excited" about the glucose test, wish I could shop 'til I drop but DH and I are trying to cut down our spending. I guess all that's left to do is.......work? Ugh.

fifipots Thats exactly how i made my bottles up lol i can not breast feed either tired with both of mine pain was unbearable and nothing happened baby was starving had to give up i wont even attempt it this time ... Thanks lolly just never measured any different with either of the girls even tho my youngest was small midwife keeps insisting baby will be big i wish she would keep it to herself think she just being mean! Iam twenty four weeks today sixteen to go! Does that make me six months now? Or would that be the twenty eighth of august if im due the twenty eighth of November confused!

I think there are a million different ways to count what month you are -- I personally say 24 weeks = 6 months but I think there are some 'exact' formulas out there on the web.

Fifi I have a similar problem and therefore probably will not be breast feeding. This is my 1st and it's a little upsetting but what will be will be I guess. I know that room temp is the best but thanks for the reminder!

I second the cramoing you ladies are getting. I shouldn't call it cramping really. I had ligament pain in my pelvic area yesterday AM. It was sharp like the pains I used to get in the beginning and it hasn't happened in a while. It kinda made me feel like baby is growing though so I'm happy about that. I also feel pressure in my bump at certain times and it is uncomfortable but it passes. I was thinking it's baby pressing up against something of braxton hicks. No real cramping though like period pain. My back is awful. If I'm on my feet a lot during the day all of the nerves and muscles in my back are just absolutely throbbing at the end of the day.Ugg. No fun.

Dh has yet to feel baby:cry: She is just too unpredictable and usually very gentle. Only once in a blue moon does she move enough for me to feel it on the outside. She was so active over the weekend and now she is just being lazy I guess as she hasn't been doing as much. It's worrying but at least I have an OB appt and an ultrasound this week. I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow!

I'd also like to second the waking up hungry and waking up having to pee. I toss and turn a lot but I know it's just practive for when baby actually arrives.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Room temp milk is definitely the way to go! Felt sorry for my mummy friends trying to warm stuff up when out and about. They say the formula should be mixed with 70 degree hot water then cooled to kill bacteria...but I don't think this is necessary if you only add the powder when ready to feed and throw any unused milk away immediately.
I BF with DS and loved it but he went on strike at 4 months after a hospital stay so I pumped 35oz a day until 10 months when I just couldn't take any more. Will def be trying again this time.

As for BH. I got these for the first time this pregnancy a couple of days ago. I'd forgotten what they felt like. To me they kind of feel like a prickly tight cramp all over my bump. Like its been squeezed all over. Very uncomfortable. In my case they were caused by becoming too hot and dehydrated then trying to run round after DS. :dohh:

Iv not had any BH yet, but think I'm too early still!
I'm on nightshift tonight :coffee: then got my 20 week scan and consultant appointment in morning, hope I can stay awake for it. Don't wanna miss anything cause I'm too sleepy..........gonna be bad and drink some lucozade in the morning to keep myself awake.

@Blu I've been getting Braxton Hicks since about 17 weeks. It happens when I'm being lazy and needing to get up and go pee but I don't want to get off the couch. My whole lower abdomen will tighten up (not painfully) and I can feel the entire outline of my uterus. It's a little weird. Also happens when I'm walking sometimes. Midwife didn't believe me until I laid down in her office and it actually happened for her.

@GenY yep, nausea (if I don't eat), fatigue, hunger (constant) and headaches are back in full force. My baby is NOT gentle and I swear she's doing backflips. DH was watching my stomach and asked, "What does that feel like". I don't even know how to answer that question LOL. But now when she kicks I can actually see it through my shirt.

I told DH I think she likes the dark, because if she's being active and I lift my shirt to watch she will immediately stop. His response was that maybe she hates the dark and was saying, "Get this shirt off me!" Either way she's active.

Hey guys! I'm going to have a lot to catch up on! I only have internet at our new place and we are still at least a week from moving in. (Painting has been a nightmare!!). I just wanted to pop in and say hi, and hope you are all doing well! Baby girl has been moving tons, huge kicks that I can see through my belly sometimes now! Can't wait to get moved in here so I can get back to keeping up to date! :)

Jules - good luck settling in!

Thanks girls for the BH descriptions...now I know im definitely NOT having them yet :)

I have to brag - I just got a lightly pre-loved Arms Reach Co-Sleeper Mini with leg extenders and 2 sheets off Craigslist for $65 (USD). Bargain hunter win!!! Next conquest: an Ergo carrier!

Yep defo sounds like BH :thumbup: my uterus goes rock solid, and as you say it's slightly uncomfortable. I'm not a big fan of them tbh :haha:

So it's 3.10am here making me officially 24 weeks!! Happy V-day to my little bean :) this isn't an invite to come out anytime soon though, you must stay firmly inside of mummy for at LEAST another 13 weeks!

I have 3 weeks until I'm in 3rd tri :shock:

Congrats on V Day, Lolly! 13 weeks! Eek not long to go! X

Went to ikea and mothercare world yesterday and bought a few bits, was so exciting and made it feel more real. Has anyone got a cot and mattress from ikea before? How was the quality? They look really nice!

Happy Vday lolly! Wow that seems so far away for me at the moment.

Jules hope the move goes smoothly for you!

Trying to stay awake for my 20 week scan :happydance:

I had an MRI scan last week due to baby having excess fluid in the brain (officially called Ventriculomegaly). Results were back yesterday and its quite positive. They also first thought that the cavum septum pellucidum was absent but it was there! :happydance:

Just got to keep praying the fluid doesnt increase.

Walked away feeling pretty damn positive :)

Lolly Ill be joining you on Monday- is anyone finding time is flying by?? I cant believe we have almost reached double figures :D

Thanks ladies :hugs: I'm so pleased! I've been waiting forever to reach this milestone, time seems to have definitely started to drag!

ocean - we have a second hand cot from ikea for DD and it's in such good nick we'll be using it again this time round! Not sure about their mattresses though but I'm sure they'll be fine as they all have to pass certain safety regulations :thumbup:

Baby - awww don't worry hun, it'll come around soon enough :hugs: when's your scan?

nicki - :hugs: I'm glad that Pellicidum was there. What does the excess fluid on baby's brain mean now? x

Yay for V-Day Lolly!

Baby, hope scan is fantastic and your not too tired!

I miss having scans to look forward to.

Ocean I had an Ikea cot for my first. I thought it was quite good. With number 2 I was given a cot from a friend and its got a side that drops which my Ikea one didn't and I think I prefer this but it's a personal thing. The Ikea ones have a very high safety rating if I recall which is good.

AFM hungry most if the day, exercise has gone out the window (except for some walking, gardening etc) My little fella is making his presence known a fair bit now and DH has felt him a few times. Stay well snowflakes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->