*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

How exciting ImSoTired! Anytime I try to show DH or my little sister the kicks that you see, he stops kicking. I'm beginning to think this lo likes to make me out of a liar.

Hello everyone!
Thanks for all the advice on the Christmas holidays -- not sure yet what DH and I will do. I think we may have to suck it up and have everyone over, but have a strict curfew of 7pm or so after which they all have to get out! :thumbup:
I'm going to get the Arm's Reach co-sleeper mini for next to the bed -- I was going to do the playpen with bassinet but heard so many good things about the co-sleeper. Hoping only to use it 6-8 weeks so will get one used off Craigslist, and still getting a play pen with bassinet for downstairs.
Did our first attempt at creating the baby registry at Target last night. DH got bored so quickly...it was frustrating (he was in pain after a recent car accident, so that didn't help). He thought I was registering for so many "unnecessary" things, like an extra car seat base (we have 2 cars...was he planning to install and uninstall every time we change cars?) and a faucet cover for the tub (duh!). He also mentioned we can just microwave the bottles instead of using a bottle warmer :dohh:. It honestly made me a little worried that he's much more clueless than I thought. I got quite frustrated with him on the way home and now I'm desperate to find him a "newborns for dad's instructional manual" type book. Any suggestions??

My OH has a Haynes pregnancy and baby manual, like what they do for cars.........but with baby's :dohh: lol it's quite funny, and some of it is even practical

I'll have to check that out! Sounds funny!
DH just earned himself a full-day "Newborn Basics and Breastfeeding" class at the hospital.
Poor guy.

sorry geny no idea why i thanked that post lol Its Not easy on this site using a mobile

My bestie felt baby kick today, first time anyone other then myself has felt her! Pretty amazing considering I've only started feeling regular movements and kicks about 2 days ago :)

She was being a brat though and only gave my bestie one kick, I think I have a lazy bubba in there :rofl:

We bought DH the dad for dummies book - funny and useful! He's been reading a bit every night at bedtime, and already skipped ahead to the labour support parts... heehee

Morning/Afternoon/Evening ladies :haha: I hope everyone is well?

Not much to report from me. Time is still dragging now I have no scans left to look forward to. Have my GTT next week though :wacko: not looking forward to it! I just realised I have 2 weeks until I'm down to 100 days to go and then the day after I'll be in double digits :yipee: not that I'm paying close attention or anything!! :blush: haha!

At what age would a baby reach 20 pounds?

My DD weighs around 23lbs now and she's almost 2, so it'll last definitely until they are up to 1, and much longer depending on how big the child id after their 1st birthday :thumbup:

GenYsuperlady I just got an Arms Reach Co Sleeper off craigslist this morning for $70!

hiya everyone havent been on for ages but had a scan over a few pages, on thing that people have got we have bout only a few new born stuff due to me and OH being about 5 foot 10 him being slightly taller so we think baby amaleigh will be long :D, so got alot of 0-3 months and a few 3-6 and a cple of 6-9 we still got quite alot to get we got a cple of packs of nappies gunna buy more as we go along and got about 6 pack of wipes need more tho, my nan got me a lovelly possum fur blankett from newzeland its lovely, we also have the cot the wardrobe the rocker (more like gigantic swing) but still got loads to get o and we have the pram on order to be deliverd december :D cant wait i love shopping :D xxxx

Is everyone buying a brand new pram/buggy? I've seen some really good second hand ones on gumtree in excellent condition for over half the price! But part of me wants all new stuff for my first born.

2 hours til I see baby and find out! X

Oceanpearl - We have bought a new one, the silvercross surf we got it when it was on offer and got the car seat free with it, and good look for in a bit :D its so exciting xxxxx

Oh exciting OceanPearl, let us know how scan goes. My sister bought us our buggy brand new, It one of those with the car seat too. If we hadnt chosen one with the car seat we wouldve looked into getting a second hand I think as all the rest of our big stuff is second hand. :shrug:

I'm so tired doing nightshift these two weeks and my sleep pattern has gone out the window, nights when pregnant is so not fun. Think I'm turning into a babbling idiot.

OT; I'm totally loving the Olympics! Getting behind everyone, and being very patriotic........ If team GB are in it I'm on the edge of my seat. Even in the sports I have no idea what's going on or how the hell they score them!!

Well my baby was breech and shy so facing down, had to go toilet and have a sugary drink. It worked and all tests were done, everything is looking good and we are having a BOY!! :happydance: saw his little willy! I'm so happy, a son! Amazing xx

https://i1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/oceanpearl2/86279e30.jpg

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Congrats Ocean Pearl! Finally another boy...I thought the girls were going to take over the December babies. I am so curious to see what we end up with...Only 16 more weeks until we find out! lol

Awww what a fab pic ocean pearl :) and congrats on being team :blue: I shall add your stork now!

We bought brand new with DD but it very quickly got scuffed, and I wished I'd just saved myself £200 and bought an excellent condition preloved one! I've gone preloved this time and got myself an absolute bargain, and it's in perfect condition, hardly a mark on it - I'm sure I can change that though (not a very good pram driver :rofl:) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->