*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Nicki, hope everything continues on the right track, stacks of positive vibes coming your way x

Yay for V- Days!!!!

Nicki - here's hoping things keep going smoothly!!!

I've been getting this ache in my left leg, not so much a cramp though. Anyone else have this? I think i've been sleeping on my left too much and all that extra weight (gained 10kg:blush:) might be crushing my left leg.

Happy Vday lolly! Wow that seems so far away for me at the moment.

Jules hope the move goes smoothly for you!

Trying to stay awake for my 20 week scan :happydance:

GL at your scan this morning Bell! Let us know how you get on and I want to see pics!

Bay - I've heard cramping in the calves is quite common at this stage, can be due to dehydration and low potassium (time to eat some bananas!) And don't worry about your weight gain...last I checked I was up 23-24lbs, and DH finally took away my scale a couple of days ago (I have a history of an eating disorder). I hate thinking that I'm still gaining weight but at the same time, it is nice not to make myself SEE the number each morning.
Bell - we are all dying for scan pics!

Happy V Day!! So exciting. 5 days until my day :happydance:

GL at your scan today Bell!

Nicki good to hear things are looking positive for little one :)

Hi Juless! :wave:

I've had pains in my leg from time to time. I've also had numbness in my hand and wrist. Doctor says only thing that will make it go away is birth so I'm dealing with it for now :)

I cannot explain how exhausted I am. I went home from work yesterday and went to sleep. DH tried to wake me up twice before I finally got up at 11pm to eat. And I still feel exhausted, like i haven't slept a wink. And the heartburn and nausea has come back around. It's like 1st trimester all over again.

I called and moved my 24 week appointment from the 21st to the 15, a whole week earlier! Not excited about that sugary drink but at least I get to hear lo hb next week :)

The weather here is so beautiful today I want to take a mental health day, stay home and clean/set up baby things.

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd rather clean then go to work :rofl:

Hey sorry it's so late! I needed to sleep lol. Baby is good and well, every thing measuring as it should......and placenta has good blood flow:happydance:

Baby was cheeky monkey though and wouldn't do what the lady wanted so we were in scan forever(not complaining loved seeing baba) but eventually she got all her measurements.

Also seen by consultant who confirmed if not before il def by induced at 37 weeks!! But I also found out he's retiring next month.....I'm gutted, he's the bet and I really trust him:nope:

Sorry bout the quality of photo, iPad not best for taking phoo with!

Attachments

• a9445224.jpg
    a9445224.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 6
I took a mental health day last week...only because it was pouring rain and one of those perfect days to snuggle in bed with DH.

Hi Ladies!
I've been in Costa Rica for the past 10 days, so i had a lot to catch up on in this thread. Nice to see so much activity!
Congrats to all the new gender reveals and loved looking at all the pics of new scans.
Nice to see all the bargain hunters out there! I too am going for gently used second hand stuff from garage sales & friends. My friends cousin has a barely used Munire crib and dresser set that she is selling along with a changing pad, humidifiers, diaper pail and large shelving unit for $700. She paid over $1300, and i'm hoping to get it for $600. Also got a pack and play, baby carrier, and baby monitor in almost new condition for way cheap :)

I was wondering if anyone else's LO only kicks and moves in the lower abdomen? I know my uterus is supposed to be above my belly button now, but i never feel any kicks anywhere near the belly button and i wonder if this is cause for concern (low fluid??)

Also, a small patch of skin on my left thigh has gone numb. Like i could prick myself with a needle there and not feel it. Google said my uterus is pressing on a nerve which is causing this and it will stay that way til birth! Anyone else feel this? I know sciatica is common, but this is definitely not that nerve. My Blood Pressure is also pretty low...90/54, but my MW didnt seem to think this was too much cause for concern. Just said I may pass out on occasion. I saw someone else comment on their low BP.

Happy V-day to you 24 weekers!

It may have been me that you saw comment about low blood pressure. Mine was 90/58 yesterday and I've been prescribed an iron supplement to take three times a day. I've just been advised to move slowly and to stretch in the morning while still in bed to get the blood moving so it's not a shock to the system when you stand up.
Nice work on the bargains too! :thumbup:

Yay for bargain shopping and happy scans!
Don't worry about low kicks - I've only begun to feel a few around the belly button, but still get some way deep down on the cervix. Your placenta could also be up high and that is why you don't feel them there as often.
I've just gotten back in from a 40 minute nap in the backseat of my car over my lunch break - it's insane, I feel like I just got rid of the first trimester fatigue and now it's back full force!
BP in the 90's/50's is just fine as long as you're not feeling the effects (lightheadedness, weak, etc). Some people run around in that range naturally!

I hardly get kicks around my belly button area. They are usually pretty low down or at my sides, I suppose it just depends what position baby is laid in :flower:

Baby Bell - glad everything went well with scan, and pic is lovely!! Nice and clear x

My BP is always really low. Has never been higher than 100, but usually mid 90's...midwives haven't seemed worried, especially since all bloodwork has come back normal.

Hey sorry it's so late! I needed to sleep lol. Baby is good and well, every thing measuring as it should......and placenta has good blood flow:happydance:

Baby was cheeky monkey though and wouldn't do what the lady wanted so we were in scan forever(not complaining loved seeing baba) but eventually she got all her measurements.

Also seen by consultant who confirmed if not before il def by induced at 37 weeks!! But I also found out he's retiring next month.....I'm gutted, he's the bet and I really trust him:nope:

Sorry bout the quality of photo, iPad not best for taking phoo with!

Congrats on the great scan Bell! What a little cutie you have there! :cloud9:

I get to go back in for another scan tomorrow to get more pictures of her heart... can't wait to see our lil princess again!

Anyone else excited for their v-day? 6 days till the big 24 week mark :)

just popping in to update. We had our 20 week scan this morning and baby is looking happy and healthy and we're team blue :happydance:

was in hospital again last night with high bp! they let me out thankfully but had to give me medication to get it to go down to normal. Have to go back in today at 11 for more bp tests and hopefully its nothing to worry about. They think it might even just be me worrying myself and then it gets worse when I have my bp taken so it goes up. Who knows, but hope to find out more today!

Congratulations Nellie! :blue:
Do they think it's White Coat HBP Kitty? (i think that's what it's called) hope the meds work hun x

Hi all 20 weeks scan on monday cant wait in half way today n my 8 1/2 month old took her first steps last night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->