*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Stark18- I would leave a message with your Dr. or midwife right away and see what they advise you to do.

I had a similar situation last week (only it wasn't red blood, more like a light pink color) and my Dr. told me to go to Labor & Delivery immediately to be examined. I was shocked by their response, but I guess better safe than sorry.
They ended up admitting me for the night and found something near my placenta called a "retroplacental bleed". It's only 4cm , and hasn't progressed since but I was on bedrest the rest of the weekend and have to take it easy at work(they wanted me stop working for 4 weeks, but that's not possible for me... so I'm just taking it easy). Hopefully, they will get back to you right away(leave it on the emergency message). In the meantime I would suggest ... NO heavy lifting, exercise, walking or standing for long periods of time, no intercourse.
Hope you feel better soon , and hopefully all is well!!!!

Happy birthday to my DD1..... 10 today!! Double figures, cannot believe how quickly time goes by. X

Here our doctors pretty much recommend visiting the hospital at any sign of bleeding... I would just to make sure everything is ok. :hugs:

Girls who are planning to breastfeed, are you going to a class or just reading up on it? I want to be prepared x

Hey girls, iv just had o phone in sick because of back pain (I wouldnt have been able to finish the shift, cause of all the leaning, 'lifting' etc) I have taken paracetamol but don't want to take too much consistently, does any one know of a balm or gel pregnant women are allowed to take? Tiger balm is apparently an iffy one with some saying yeah and some saying no, and heat packs recomend asking gp :shrug: which I won't see today as its Sunday, I don't wanna phone in sick again tomorrow, but don't want to hurt myself more :nope:

my friend had her baby last night she was induced three weeks early as measuring three weeks ahead and by her growth scan they decided not to leave her, her baby weighed nine pound one!!

Oceanpearl, I am planning to breastfeed and our local clinics offer free pre-natal classes. I will be going there in October, there are 4 classes and 1 is just on breastfeeding. You should look if there is anything similar in the area, I know here there are also groups that just do breastfeeding classes and support.... I figure I can't have too much information! And it helps to pass the time before baby gets here. :)

I took a class with my first but didn't learn anything that I hadn't already read in books at home.

Hi I'm due 29th dec.will find out pink or blue on Thursday.

Please can I join? Xx

Thanks, my hospital apparently run classes so I've emailed them. I've got 'The Food of Love' which seems really good and I'm reading up on la leche website and kellysmom x

Ocean_pearl - I'm hoping to BF for 6 months and planning on taking some NHS antenatal classes. Figure it couldn't hurt.....

Thanks for all the replies about finishing work. Some of you over in the US seem to have a very rough deal. I will be very grateful from now on. 11 more working weeks for me (not that I'm counting!).

Munch - happy 10th to your DD x

Stark, any news about the bleeding?

Anyone having Brixton hicks? I got angry with ex husband this morning and swear I had a contraction. Belly went hard and tight. Did the same a couple more times over next couple of hours. I panicked a bit. No pain just weird. Feeling bit freaked out but has settled now.

Hi I'm due 29th dec.will find out pink or blue on Thursday.

Please can I join? Xx

Welcome and congrats!! I'll add you to our EDD list :flower:

Ocean - I'll be BF'ing but I found it's easier to learn once baby is here! You can learn all the different positions and whatnot beforehand though, but definitely joing a breastfeeding cafe or la leche once bubs arrives :)

Wow loads due in December!!
Congrats to you all!!
I'm due 29th December.......but thinking will be late, as the two I already have Were both 12 days late lol xx

https://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/xamour3/DCSF.gif -

Hi everyone, only just found this thread! I'm due December 13th with a blue bump! hope everyone is doing okay :)

Wow loads due in December!!
Congrats to you all!!
I'm due 29th December.......but thinking will be late, as the two I already have Were both 12 days late lol xx

https://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n519/xamour3/DCSF.gif -

Hi everyone, only just found this thread! I'm due December 13th with a blue bump! hope everyone is doing okay :)

Hi ladies, welcome and congrats on your Snowflakes :)

I'll add you both to our EDD list now!

Stark, any news about the bleeding?

I called labor and delivery and they told me as long as it wasn't heavy and I wasn't cramping to just relax and stay off my feet. I didn't do anything the rest of the day and all is good now. I will be calling my doctor tomorrow morning to make sure she doesn't want to see me. As of now everything is okay though. Thanks!

I'm so stressed, been given notice to leave our flat in October when I'll be 7 months pregnant! I guess I'll start organising stuff now? Wwyd? Evil landlord doesn't give a damn even though she's pregnant too! :(

Awwww ocean that's so sh!t :( as they've given you 3 month's notice there's not much you can do (been in your position last year :growlmad:). I'd start looking for somewhere ASAP hun, and get the professionals in to help move if you can or a lot of good mates who'll do it for free! Don't you dare lift a finger though.

When this happened to us it seemed to be fate! We got a much better place and was paying loads less too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->