*** December Snowflakes 2012 *** 158 Snowflakes - 36 born so far!

Ugg. When does this nonsense worrying stop!? I just want to enjoy this but I can't help but think of all the awful things that could happen! These stupid symptoms coming and going doesn't help! I really want a scan before the 30th just to see if everything is ok. I just don't get it. Why am I so worried? Why can't I just be happy?:cry:

Hey :wave: I'm the same. Have calm days but then days when I'm just waiting for the impending doom. I don't know why. My mum never had a MC. I think forums make it worse. Ignorance is bliss as they say. I'm sure everything will be just fine. You've already had 1 scan haven't you? I'm booked for a 12 week scan but not sure I can wait that long. We'll see.

As for symptoms coming and going I think it's perfectly normal. :hugs:

While gender is the topic on conversation, I am curious to know when everyone will find out the gender? I am assuming in different areas, it might be different? My ob will do it at 19 weeks. However, after being high risk with my twins and learning at 15 weeks I was pregnant with 2 boys, I am going to get a private scan done to find out early (15 weeks). I am NOT patient enough to wait! :)

What is the earliest you can find out based on what part of the world you live in? :) What is the earliest you have heard of someone finding out the sex?

We get one scan here in PEI, where I live. It's around 16 weeks and that's it! They also refuse to tell you gender. So for that I need to have a private 3D one done, which I'd like to do anyways. But I'll have to wait till I'm over 26 weeks!

Also welcome to the new snowflakes!!

Yikes I can't believe you only get one! Why do they refuse to tell the sex? Just wondering :blush:

Most people have to pay for a 3d anyways, I'm going to as well once it actually looks like a baby (And maybe JUST to be sure they saw the right parts in 2d black and white) :haha:

Not sure why,I guess because it is strictly to be a diagnostic scan. There is a big sign saying they will not tell you. I really hate not being ale to have an early scan. What if something's wrong? Wha if it's twins? It's frustrating. Nowhere to have an early pirate scan either...

hey ladies, how are you doing? doesn't this first trimester drag on!!!!! roll on our 12 week scans!!! woke up this morning, and thought my sickness had gone. but within 10 minutes - it was back!!! 10min respite!! although its not more of just a sick taste in my mouth. i'm sleeping about 10 hours a night - but still have HUGE bags under my eyes, and still spend each day yawning my head of!!!

i'm a bit worried that as ihaven't been feeling that great, my eating has been a bit rubbish. when TTC i made sure that i was eating 5 fruit and veg a day, where as now, i'm lucky if i manage 2 portions! although i am amanging to keep down my preg multivitamin, which i'm hoping helps!!

at least a lot of us can say our 12week scan is THIS MONTH!!! mine's 31st may - and i can't bloody wait!!! xxxxxxx

Ugg. When does this nonsense worrying stop!? I just want to enjoy this but I can't help but think of all the awful things that could happen! These stupid symptoms coming and going doesn't help! I really want a scan before the 30th just to see if everything is ok. I just don't get it. Why am I so worried? Why can't I just be happy?:cry:

Hey :wave: I'm the same. Have calm days but then days when I'm just waiting for the impending doom. I don't know why. My mum never had a MC. I think forums make it worse. Ignorance is bliss as they say. I'm sure everything will be just fine. You've already had 1 scan haven't you? I'm booked for a 12 week scan but not sure I can wait that long. We'll see.

As for symptoms coming and going I think it's perfectly normal. :hugs:

Ooh I'm just a nervous wreck. I wish I could just magically fast forward or sleep until the 30th when I get my next scan. I'm just so scared that something might be wrong. I need reassurance and thinking of calling the doctor to see if I can get a scan in between just so I know. Oh I so wish I never read anything about MMC. Before this forum I knew nothing about it and that is what I'm most scared of now.

I agree that reading forums heightens my anxiety so I try to just peek on now and again. I feel good (still have my symptoms) and I want to enjoy these moments because I worry a lot as well. It is tough and I watch my ticker closely but one more day is a a good day.

Doctor called this morning and told me to come with a full bladder. Well that didn't work out so well. Had to pull over on the side of the road to get sick and ALL the water came up. So I drank some more and had to wait a little longer, but it was sooo worth it. Saw the baby moving around and heartrate is at 160. Measuring exact so sticking with the Dec 2 due date. So excited!:cloud9:

Congrats on a great scan stark! I hope my next one is as perfect as your sounds!

So glad to hear of good scans! How wonderful! :)

I can't believe before I got pregnant again I actually thought I would worry less the second time around. So not working out!
Today I'm a little less nauseaus, I still really am, but I can somewhat function better. I am also still exhausted. But this little change worries me and just now I wiped and had (TMI warning!) a big blob of yellow discharge. Rationally I know that yellow discharge is normal, but I am of course thinking this is a sign of then end! Oh geez...

Juless - I am having a discharge day also with a lot of aches. I feel you worry/pain.

So glad to hear of good scans! How wonderful! :)

I can't believe before I got pregnant again I actually thought I would worry less the second time around. So not working out!
Today I'm a little less nauseaus, I still really am, but I can somewhat function better. I am also still exhausted. But this little change worries me and just now I wiped and had (TMI warning!) a big blob of yellow discharge. Rationally I know that yellow discharge is normal, but I am of course thinking this is a sign of then end! Oh geez...

this happened to me about 2 weeks ago.. i was so so worried, but everything seems normal now so try not to worry :hugs:

Juless - I am having a discharge day also with a lot of aches. I feel you worry/pain.

I too am getting discharge most days - so much so sometimes that i can feel it coming and end up running to the loo and checking that its not blood! I am relaxing more as the days go past tho - trying to think positive

Hi snowflakes! As promised I have finally got around to trying one of my yoga DVDs - prenatal yoga with Desi Bartlett (part of the complete pregnancy workout box set https://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Complete-Pregnancy-Workout-DVD/dp/B002QEBO80). I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. It started off a little 'new agey' (which sent DH scuttling upstairs!) but actually the stretches were really nice and 45 mins later I feel pleasantly refreshed and relaxed. It has definitely helped with my lower back pain and I think it is a gentle enough routine to take me right up to 3rd trimester. There are also DVDs for prenatal Pilates and fitness plus a postnatal recovery. I didn't think it was bad for £11.99 and I'd definitely recommend it for those snowflakes who are feeling a bit stressed out at the moment :hugs:

Hi gang!

Went for my early scan today and have been fast forwarded to 7+4 so my due date is now 18th if u wanna change it ttc-lolly - cheers flower! :)

All went well if anyone is interested and saw the little heartbeat flickering. It's made me really hopeful and positive now so I went and bought a The Very Hungry Caterpillar sleepsuit for the bambino :) I loved the book as a kid and it's well cute the little sleep suit!! Awwww!! Can't wait to snuggle him/her in it!!! X

well got my scan in 3 days was rly excited but getting nervous now in case we see exactly the same as we did at 6 weeks (nothing but the yolk sac) ill be devastated and im praying to god all is ok xxxxx

Hi gang!

Went for my early scan today and have been fast forwarded to 7+4 so my due date is now 18th if u wanna change it ttc-lolly - cheers flower! :)

All went well if anyone is interested and saw the little heartbeat flickering. It's made me really hopeful and positive now so I went and bought a The Very Hungry Caterpillar sleepsuit for the bambino :) I loved the book as a kid and it's well cute the little sleep suit!! Awwww!! Can't wait to snuggle him/her in it!!! X

Great news! So pleased for you. I LOVE the Hungry Caterpillar. It was my favourite book when I was little too.

Sara - lots of hugs for you! Keep us posted.

I, too, love the Hungry Caterpillar!

I already joined but my due date is NOW December 11th woohoo! :kiss:

Hi gang!

Due dates changed on the list ladies :flower:

Glad scan went well Roma! I love the hungry caterpillar stuff, so cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->