***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Yay, sigh! And gorgeous pic of Ellie in that dress!

Bell, gabby has also recently started this awful high pitched screech that I'm pretty sure is just a new sound that she has learned. I hope she tires of it soon! But she is using it when both happy and sad, so it sounds similar to what is going on with you.

Carter does yoga!

That's so funny, I posted almost the exact same thing on facebook this weekend.

931288_10100123346155421_852280280_n.jpg

We had a few moments this weekend where H did some proper crawling. He's not doing it regularly (thank goodness!) We still have to babyproof! I need someone to give DH a shift kick in the rear to get going on it.

Wow all the babies on here seem to have come on loads! Is anyone elses still more like a proper baby?Hayden has just properly mastered rolling so seems to be a bit behind everyone elses. He was still only 12lb when he was weighed a few weeks back so I wonder if that makes a difference.

Sigh, I love that pic of Ellie! She's such a gorgeous baby and her outfit is to die for. Makes me wish I had a girl so I could dress her in cute things like that. lol

Sorry to hear those of you who have to listen to horrible screeching all day. Carter is noisy but nothing that ear piercing.

Daydream, go H! So funny! I can barely do 5 push-ups and our babies are making me look like a weak little girl.

Cookie, don't worry about Hayden. You should be lucky he isn't super mobile yet as it's actually a pain in the butt to have to constantly be watching them. And with mobility comes the injuries that you can't prevent like them slamming their face into the ground or flopping over suddenly after they were sitting up just fine on their own for several minutes. And as for Hayden being small, I only wish Carter was that light. I have to lug around a gigantic baby and it kills my back! Hee hee! :)

Thanks Chloe & Kelly :)

Cookie - Ellie still hasn't rolled from back to front so I'm behind you!

Daydream - H is so cute and strong!

We just had our 6 month visit. Ellie is now 16 lbs 1 oz but she only grew half an inch from her 4 month visit. The doctor isn't concerned but it freaked me out.

Sigh, the height seems to slow about now. I know a lot of babies who were only around 28-30 inches at 1 year so don't be surprised. It's not abnormal. The doctor would definitely tell you if something were wrong. They know what is and isn't acceptable according to the child's centiles. Weight may slow a bit also as I know a lot of average sized babies who were only around 20-25 lbs at a year as well. I think Cait is about 16 lbs now also. We find out on Thurs when she gets her 6 months shots. I can't believe our little ones are already 6 months! Ellie is beautiful and that dress is just so gorgeous!

Harrison and Carter are so strong! Way to go boys! Definitely time for baby proofing at your houses! Cait is getting up on her hands and knees from time to time but nothing like that yet! It does look like yoga, so cute. We're also still working on sitting without support. She can't do it for long.

As for ear piercing screams I haven't heard anything like that come out of Cait. It may just be they've discovered a new noise? Cait does try to imitate noises we make though, she repeats similar noises when we say things like 'hi' and 'yay', and she babbles back constantly when we talk to her. She also blows lots of raspberries.

As for sleeping we're still working on perfecting our schedule. Most nights are pretty good with her waking once or none. Occasionally we have an off day where her schedule is messed up and she wakes 2 or more times. She's beginning to fight naps and that doesn't help but I try and try everyday. All I can do is hope that she continues to sleep decent and maybe starts sleeping 8-10 hours regularly every night.

Cookie, babies develop at all different rates. I wouldn't be concerned about Hayden's development unless his doctor says otherwise. Size doesn't matter either in most cases. He may surprise you and do everything at once!

We got Cait's 6 month pics done this AM and I'm going to see if I can get a peek at them online again.

Hope you're all well!

Imso - Oh how fun, can't wait to see her 6 month pictures!

Kelly - I know right? He's working so hard moving around, pushing up, rolling over, I feel like I get a workout just watching!

We had a period of the high screeching noises a couple weeks ago. It subsided thankfully. I hope it's short lived in your houses too!

I just dropped off my first milk donation at our nearby milk bank. 100 ounces! I'm very happy to know that my extra supply will help preemie babies in need.

Hi ladies!
We had a fabulous weekend away & I had a lovely birthday yesterday. I had some friends round last night & I made some South African desserts for us all to enjoy! I got so spoilt! We took Amber swimming for the first time at the hotel pool. She absolutely loved it! I wish there was somewhere I could take her regularly.

Amber also does the screechy thing occasionally but I'm almost sure its her temper. She does it when she gets put down and she doesn't want to be or when she's overtired and struggling to put herself to sleep.

For the ladies who did struggle or are struggling to lose the baby weight, what are you doing to lose it? I've got 5kgs to lose and its driving me insane! One week I losea bit and the next its back again. II'm trying to go swimming at the gym regularly but its been difficult to find time when dh is there to take Amber. I know I also need to find some motivation but its been hard with everything going on here :(

Cookie. Angeles l just started rolling more n more but she can only sit unaided for a min or so n not really showing signs of crawling anytime soon. I do try to motivated her but don't for see anything in the future lol. Angel is also a small baby last week at her wic check up she was 13lbs 11ozs. So it might b that. Was h born tiny. Angel was 4lbs 8 Ozs.

I love Ellie in her indian outfit, how gorgeous! Also, very impressed with the yoga babies!

Here are some pictures from our pool/beach adventures, having trouble choosing just one, sorry for the overload!

Wind blown baby with her Doc Band off for a little while

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/windblownbaby_zpsf76da64a.jpg

Holding her hat on, I thought this was so cute!

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/pinkhat2_zps4cc38011.jpg

Not a fan of the moving ocean water

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/sadbeachbaby_zps06f2a733.jpg

Just being cute on the beach

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/babycow_zps6d59c774.jpg

She loved floating around in the pool

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/babyfloat_zpsaa5bd107.jpg

Lewis helping me take down the washing:dohh:

Attachments

• 132d35eeeee5162b02d43130b76d9bdf.jpg
    132d35eeeee5162b02d43130b76d9bdf.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 6
  • 0f705577a2b32f851403bfbf4598d959.jpg
    0f705577a2b32f851403bfbf4598d959.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 4
I know training him early, by 3 he'll be doing the dishes, 5 the hoovering age 10 I aim to have my own house cleaner :haha:

scooby - Camden is sooooooooooooooooooo cuteee! Look at those cheeks! And another baby with beautiful hair. I can't wait until Ellie has some flowing locks :)

baby bell - that made me lol! Lewis is so helpful :)

Scooby she has great hair! In fact all your babies have great hair! My Joseph is a little baldie still!

I have a weaning question for you. Joseph is still not keen. He screws his face up and blows raspberrys when I try feed him!! Have tried rice porridge banana sweet potato without much success. Tonight I tried a little fromage frais and he kinda ate a little better. I really want him eating fruit and veggies but he's just not keen.

Any tips to get him to eat better or is it just time? I keep leaving it a few days then try again. I'm not keen on giving finger foods yet. It scares me!

Tooth - we tried pears last night and he LOVED them. I posted a video to my journal. Before that he would take a few bites but didn't really love it like he did the pears. And we had done avocado, rice cereal and bananas. Maybe try that?

Tooth, at what time of day are you trying to feed him? And how long after his last bottle? From what I've read, it's best to try early in the the day rather than at dinner time when they might be sleepy. Also try feeding about halfway between last bottle and next, so LO I neither full nor very hungry. I've only given Camden rice cereal, and sometimes I mix in a little banana baby food for flavor. Some days she does great, other days she not at all interested.

Daydream did you stew the pear or just purée?

Scooby... I've tried all kinds of different times of day etc! I know he's only just gonna be 6 months on Saturday but he's over 20lb and I worry he's not going to take to solids and he'll end up dropping weight.

Camden is gorgeous! How sweet! I just want to cuddle her!

lol, Bell! Lewis is so cute with the laundry. What a sweet little boy. I hope Cait will be helpful around the house. It'd be easy with the 2 of us cleaning up after Daddy.

Daydream that is awesome about donating your milk! I only with I had had enough for my one baby! You are a very lucky lady!

Bean I've had no luck with baby weight:nope: It just keeps going up a few lbs and then back down. I'm not near pre preg weight really. I know most of these ladies are and I don't know how they've had the time. I've barely had enough time to eat and drink so I've not found the time to exercise which is what I know I need. If you find the secret, let me know!

We had an awful night last night and I'm so hoping and praying tonight is better! I'm exhausted! Going to try and put Cait down for a nap now. She's been fighting sleep like mad!

Hope you are all well.

Tooth - steamed it and then pureed. I have the cuisinart baby food maker that I use to make his food

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->