***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Hi everyone :) hope your all keeping well, I haven't been about for ages so thought I'd share a photo of amelia-rose now and one of her with her older brother joel. (sorry I can't rotate on my phone lol)

Attachments

• IMG-20130717-00470.jpg
    IMG-20130717-00470.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Durham-20130722-00550.jpg
    Durham-20130722-00550.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 5
Took angel back to doctors today. She's got a really bad cold. She has lost some weight tho she was 15lbs 5ozs Thursday and today she was 14lbs 14 ozs. So that's 7 ozs.. than I started not feeling good n have a sore throat. Dh has belly ache. My dd Ella spiked a fever. N my step dd n niece went swimming today and the fort sores on their nipples. My mom called n talk to someone about it and its common. So we r some poorly ones of here lol-.

verona beautiful pics! I hope you are doing well!

bbygrl I hope you all start feeling better. It's awful when the whole house is ill, especially the babies. I'm dreading the day when Cait fall ill and Dh at the same time. I'll probably be sick also but be taking care of the both of them because DH is just as big a baby as Cait, lol.

We went and got a new car last night and MIL put Cait to bed for us. She went down well for her so I'm happy that she doesn't need me to go to sleep so maybe DH and I can go out one night! I love our new car, it's great! We owned the truck so I'm mentally preparing myself for having payments again:wacko:. But it has more room in the back seat for Cait's giant new car seat. It doesn't have a ton more room, but more than we had in the truck which was an extended cab so the back seat was rather small. This car seat is so huge though I don't know how people fit them in their little cars?

I'm I the only one who worries about their car seats? I'm always worried I'm squeezing her too tight because the straps just have to be super tight! I want her to be safe but I always worry I'm squashing her at the same time. Am I the only one that feels this way? I hate it! I think she is going to like the new seat though I just hope it gets nice and tight in the car and I don't squish her, lol.

I hope you're all well.

So much to catch up on!

Scooby, boob farts :rofl::rofl: dying!!! How hilarious, bless her :)

Verona, nice to see you around again hun :hi: I hope you're all keeping well? Amelia Rose is lovely, as is her big bro! They look so alike :)

Coco, haha that is true!! Millie's favourite thing at the moments are tags and labels on clothes, so I may just give her something with lots on :haha: you can actually buy baby toys with them on (I think the brand name is 'Taggies') but she'd be happy with just an old muslin cloth with a big label I think!

FINALLY my little chubba is crawling, on knees, and going forwards! Hallelujah :lol: she's been bum shuffling, army crawling, a weird back crawl thing and rolling and dragging herself along for ages now, well over a month, and I thought she'd never do it the traditional way but she decided to surprise me this morning! So I'm feeling very happy and proud right now!

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/th_9A77B501-9026-410B-BBC2-B4EC8E4540B5-431-00000021607098B1_zps40e8c06e.jpg

Please excuse my stupid voice on the end :blush: why do voices always sound so cringy and awful on recordings!?!

Please excuse my stupid voice on the end :blush: why do voices always sound so cringy and awful on recordings!?!

lol, you don't sound dumb, mine does all of the time though, I sound like a child. To look at that video you'd think she was crawling forward all along! She's a pro! So cute too:flower:

Ahhh thanks IST, maybe not dumb but it doesn't sound like me though. Or maybe it does and I just live in my own ignorant little bubble :rofl: and I know right!? It has been a long time coming though, she was just too lazy I think to make the leap and actually start moving those knees :lol: before she would just drag her legs behind her!

Oh and a belated huge congrats to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge on the birth of their little Prince (just incase they come in here and read :winkwink: lol!)!

https://metrouk2.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/ay_114826917.jpg?w=650&h=432&crop=1

Welcome back Verona, your LOs are gorgeous!

Bbygurl- sorry everyone is sick, how miserable. Get well soon!

IST - congrats on the new car! I too feel badly strapping Camden into her seat so tightly, especially because she fusses when I'm buckling her in. She gets over it right away so I guess it's not too tight.

Lolly, congrats on your crawler!

Camden also loves tags on things. If I hand her a stuffed animal or blanky the first thing she goes for is the tag. Silly babies!

Also noteworthy, it just occurred to me that I really want to paint Camden's nails for when we go to the beach next week. I found out that they have baby safe nail polish at Walmart called piggy paint, and now I'm all excited to get some after work. No clue how I'm going to keep her still long enough to do it, maybe ill wait until she's asleep!

Scooby I didn't know there was baby safe nail paint!?I've been dying to paint Cait's nails but thought it was all too toxic! Getting them to sit still will be an issue I'm sure...

Lolly I saw the footage of the Duke and Duchess on the news and I love how the baby was moving his little fingers around. Too cute!

Ditto here on baby loving tags! The boppy pillow has those 3 tags on it and Cait will chew on them all day if I let her. Also on her lovey and if she finds any other tags I'm sure she'd love them as well!

Same here with the tags...G has a stuffed elephant that has lots of ribbons sewn on and she goes right for those, as well as eating the tags on her bibs and other soft toys.

Piggy paint sounds fun, but i can't imagine her sitting still long enough to paint, and then to dry! I have enough trouble trying to cut all of her nails in one sitting....good luck!

Saw G sleeping on her belly for the first time this morning...she rolls all the time now, its so cute (and scary that she is now a stomach sleeper). I feel so behind with the rolling milestone, but its just so fun to watch the progression. She will be crawling in no time with the way she lunges forward and uses her abs to help her sit up. she is almost able to do a full sit up from the laying down position. She has been getting tired/cranky earlier, so bedtime is moving from 8pm to around 740pm now. I am not liking the 20 min less that i get to spend with her after work. makes me sad that she goes to sleep earlier. Anyone else seeing this trend?

Ist dh is the same way so I have to take care of all four of them n myself. Even when I don't feel good. Dh gets to go to bed n sleep but not me. Whether I'm deathly sick or a little sick. I get pissed but I would do anything for my kids. And whether I'm pissed at him I get smiles from my girls and they make me better lol.

Chloe, some days Camden wants to go to bed earlier than others. For a long time it was 10, but now it's more like 9:30, some days 9. I will be so sad if she decides she wants to go to bed any earlier, I feel like I never see her as it is!

Chloe - yay for rolling! YES ellie's schedule is all over the place and all signs point to her wanting an earlier bedtime but I can't do it otherwise DH won't get to see her all week. We're at 8 - 8:30 right now and she keeps wanting a 6 pm nap!

I let Camden have a late nap if she wants one just so that I won't have to put her to bed super early. She often will fall asleep on the drive home from daycare (which takes about 3 minutes, lol) around 6:00 and she will sometimes sleep 45 minutes or so. She's a good sleeper anyway so I don't mind her napping before bed.

So I bought Piggy Paint and did her nails while she was sleeping in her carseat after daycare! It was still tough even though she was asleep, the nails are so tiny, and I think the brush tickled her toes because she kept twitching. They ended up cute though.

https://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o725/scoobydrlp/null_zpsfa3e0072.jpg

Wow, this is a long one. Lot’s to catch up on.

Scooby, so funny about the boob farts! C sometimes talks on my boob and it makes me laugh so hard. I love when he smiles with my nipple in his mouth. Cracks me up. It’s like, “Testing one, two, three. Is this thing on?” lol And Cam’s toes are so cute with her polish on! I saw that pic and it made me laugh so hard because her feet are so fat and adorable. It reminds me of my pregnant feet, all puffy but those weren’t cute, just swollen. Hah hah!

Chloe, yay for Gabby! She’ll be all over the place before you know it. C never wants me to hold him now that he can crawl. I don’t have a cuddly baby anymore. :(

Verona, your kids are soooooo adorable! Amelia is such a doll with those blue eyes and big rosy cheeks. I just wanna pinch ‘em!

Bby, so sorry you all are so sick! It’s no fun when the whole house is sick. Hope you guys get to feeling better soon.

Ist, I don’t worry about the tightness so much as the fact that every time he falls asleep his head goes the side (the same side because of his torticollis). The physical therapist wants us to rig something up to prop his head up while he’s in the car but nothing has worked so far. Congrats on the new car, btw. Payments suck but it’s nice to have a new car that runs well and will be safer for the baby to ride in.

Lolly, so awesome that Millie is crawling now! She’s a pro! I heard a funny joke yesterday. “How do you know a royal baby is about to be born? When the head is crowning.” Lol Congrats to the new parents over there.

Whoever mentioned tags, C has a Taggie blankie that he sleeps with every night. He loves it and sucks on the tags to soothe himself to sleep. We introduced it as part of our sleep training a couple months ago and it has helped SO MUCH.

C takes a late nap a lot lately and if he doesn’t he goes to bed early which I hate because dh doesn’t see him and he wakes up super early if he does. He needs more sleep when he is teething and I think he’s getting his top teeth now.

Carter is pulling up to EVERYTHING and it’s driving me nuts. He’s also been going from crawling to sitting himself up, all in the last few days. It happened so fast, he just went from scooting to all this in a matter of two or three days. I can’t believe it! I’m having nightmares of him hurting himself and also dreams about him talking and running. I get anxiety about him growing up and when he starts to do new stuff I start to have dreams about it.

Scooby that is adorable! I love it!

Oh and I also have a tag loving baby!

What kind of sounds do your LOs make? Amber is pretty vocal and she loves shrieking and giggling and making noises (maybe closer to monkey sounds?!). But I'm not sure she's really making sounds, like la, ma, ba, etc. She started going lalalala a while back but seems to have stopped now. Do you think I should be concerned?

Bean I wouldn't worry at all about what sounds Amber is or isn't making right now. Every baby is so different! Camden is saying bababa, thathatha, blahblahblah, and an ocassional mamama.

Kelly - I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but we used the Summer Infant Cradler for Camden and it worked great to keep her head from tilting to the side. We stopped using it when she got her Doc Band because it took up too much room in the seat and squashed her face and she got really mad. Now I'm not using it because it's too hot out and irritates her face. But it works really well. Summer Infant Cradler

Oh Scooby thank you so much! I didn't know they made anything like that. I had the classic kind that goes over the top of his head and it didn't help at all. I just ordered one of these as soon as I saw it! Thanks a bunch! I've been stuffing towels n such to try to prop his head up but it never stays put or he pulls it down. This looks like it should help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->