***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Kelly, love the blog and photos! I loved seeing the progression from chubby baby to handsome little man! And the piano shoot at the end is excellent! How has his tongue healed? Now that gabby has teeth, every time she falls i worry she will bite it off!

Sigh, wow, hangin there! So sorry you have having to deal with mastitis! I hope Ellie is on the mend and the breastfeeding can go back to normal. good luck with the rest of the party planning!

IST, cait is soooo cute in the box! And I can see resemblance between you two. I think in the smile/chin area the most.

I pick up gabby's christmas/1 year pictures on friday, but I saw them already and they didn't turn out great. She didn't smile in most of them, because she hates strangers, and in the cutest one, she has a giant line of drool coming down from her chin. *sigh*.......I think i have learned my lesson and will either invest in a private photographer, or just take pictures myself, and deal with the fact that I don't have the best eye for poses, but at least gabby smiles for me.

Gabby is sick again, and pink eye is going around daycare. So far she just has a cough/runny nose, but I'm on the watch for pinkeye. She is also supposed to get a new round of vaccines on saturday. Anyone know if it is ok to get a baby vaccinated while sick? So far, no fever...

Ugg Chloe pink eye is the worst I hope Gabby doesn't get it. Daycare is such a breeding ground for illness but besides having a cranky, sniffly baby it's mostly harmless stuff going around. I'm sure Gabby's pics will be great! Be sure to post a few!Yes Cait has my chin and my eyes the poor girl, SHe mostly looks like her father in my opinion, but everyone says something different.

I'm so happy I finally have a mom friend! I saw one of my old friends from elementary/high school at the store the other night and we exchanged numbers. We lost each other's numbers about a year or two ago and I had heard she had a little girl just 2 months after I did but I had no way of getting in touch with her. We've been texting about our girls and we may eventually have a play date. So exciting! My other friend who has a daughter a little older than Cait is usually busy and I'm not good friends with his wife so we haven't done a playdate yet (but I hope so). Cait needs some friends!

Oh and today was my due date last year...crazy!

Kelly your blog is amazing! What a great year of photo's!

IST such cute pictures of Cait!

Chloe sorry you are disappointed about your photos! Please post some for us to see!

We took Amber to her first Christmas party on Saturday. We went with a few friends and it was SO much fun. We ate great food and played some games. Then Santa came to visit. The little boy who was with us cried when all the other little kids were shouting for Santa to come out. Amber sat happily on a couch cushion waiting to see what was going on! But then both her and the little boy cried when we sat them on Santa's lap! The other little girl with us sat quite happily! They were each given a present afterwards and of course Amber stuck hers straight in her mouth! Anyway, she managed to bite (suck!) some paper off so I stuck my finger in her mouth to get it out and I felt something sharpish. So I looked in her mouth and....

.... guess who's FINALLY getting her first tooth! We didn't even know she's teething. We've had no fussiness, bad nights... She's had a runny nose but she's had that for the past four weeks and it started with a cold she caught from another baby. Oh and a few days ago she got a bad nappy rash. Its her bottom right one and the tip is already through the gum so now I'm (im)patiently waiting for the rest to make an appearance!

Hey ladies. Happy first birthday to all the babies who ha very turned one. Where did the time go it's master. Me so bloody lately. With my Ella turning two and angel about to b one.well we had a double bday party for the girls on Nov 30th. Party turned out group at and they got lots of stuff. But unfortunately 10 mind after the last people left they girls ended up with a belly bug. Ella puked all over my lap. Dad cleaned us up q bit and took Ella in bathroom I go n take my pants off that were covered in it and put new pair on go to bathroom to check on her and angel got sick all over my grandma. We got Ella cleaned (and we couldn't bathe her cuz of the cast) and off to bed she didn't get it that bad. But my poor angel got sick 5 times. Twice on just Gramma, than I breastfed her to go to sleep and she puked up so much breast milk it was so disappointing, and than we gave her pedialyte to keep her hydrated and she couldn't even keep that down. I ended up sleeping down on the tile floor with her that night so I had her close by and could choke on her vomit. The next morning they had fevers but were 100% better by that afternoon. My Ella got her cast off on the 6th and her toes look alot better. Nothing's else has changed.

Just a quick hello from Joseph and I. Thought we would just pop in and say happy 1st birthday to those already celebrated! Its josephs turn on Sunday. Where has this year gone?? Can you believe it's been a year since all that labour symptom spotting?!! The hours I bounced on that ball last year to try get him out!!!!

love and hugs to you all and your baby/toddlers!!!!!

Sigh I'm sorry I forgot to wish Ellie on Saturday! How did her party go?

Hi ladies, hope you and your babes are all well :) and of course happy 1st birthday to all of our little snowflakes! If I'm not back on again soon, I hope you all have a lovely Christmas too x

Happy birthday to the new 1 year olds! Hi Lolly! glad all is well with you.

Quick question: Has anyone used breastmilk to treat pinkeye? Gabby was just sent home from daycare after it had been going around, and now she has it. I have heard of people using it in eyes, but i don't know of any first hand success stories. Thanks and have a great weekend all!

Happy first bday to the babies who have celebrated already nine more day til my angels it's so said.

Hi Lolly! Glad all is well!

Chloe I've never heard of using breastmilk on pink eye. It may very well work though as I've heard it used for other things. I hope Gabby's eyes get better soon. I hate pink eye.

Nothing new here. So busy and stressed this time of year. I hope everyone is well!

Hi ladies! Pink eye is healing well over here. Decided against using BM, and just used antibiotics. Gabby is walking up a storm now. Wanted to share her Christmas/Birthday pictures now that I got them back!

Attachments

• Gabby Christmas.jpg
    Gabby Christmas.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Gabby One.jpg
    Gabby One.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Christmas.jpg
    Christmas.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Gabby 1.jpg
    Gabby 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Gabby.jpg
    Gabby.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 2
Happy Birthday to Mia and Josef for Sunday!

Chloe those pictures are too cute! The dress Gabby is wearing is adorable!

On Sunday we had a get together with two other couples and their babies for Christmas, as they are all leaving this coming Sunday. We decided to just give presents to the babies and it so cute. The three of them were given two presents each and of course all three of them went for the bows and cards! And then tried to eat the paper! When we tried to open the presents for them they all got quite upset. But it was all such fun!

Ambers party is this Saturday! I thought I was being all organised and now I've realised that I have, in fact, left everything to the last minute because time has run away!! I hope I have enough time to get everything done!!

Thanks Bean! Happy birthday to alll of the cutie 1 year olds. <3

The party was good... DH and I barely slept (maybe an hr) the night before doing all this last minute stuff and we were so exhausted that we forgot a bunch of things INCLUDING TAKING PICTURES!!! I'm running around trying to get pictures from friends... I am so upset :( Ellie had a blast though and looked so adorbs.

She had her 1 year visit (her ped is on maternity leave so we have another doc temporarily). This dr made me feel like we're so behind when I told her Ellie isn't feeding herself with the spoon yet and is still eating purees and some table food. She told me I need to stop purees immediately and give Ellie table food. Every since we started, Ellie has been holding food in her mouth and not swallowing. She wants the food and stuffs it in her mouth and then just holds it there. It is driving me NUTS. Today she pulled food out of her mouth and smeared it all over my clothes and her hair. I tried feeding her purees again and she won't swallow those either. Anyone else having this problem? I hate this dr... everything was going well until she made me feel like i HAD to do this.

Kelly - your blog made me cry. So sweet to see him grow!

chloe - omg super cute!! you have a beautiful family :)

I've attached a pic my friend took of Ellie at her party, plus my 12 month project :) Hope you all are doing well!

1184916_10100764200293386_553119424_n.jpg

1465236_10100764262603516_1458851196_n.jpg

Sigh, great 12 month capture! Its amazing her transformation from 10 to 12 months..she looks like a little lady! and so many teeth/so much hair! Don't worry about the ped. People say the same thing about bottles too and how you should take them away immediately at 12 months. Gabby has not taken to the sippy cup for anything other than water, so we still do milk in bottles at daycare. I don't have the problem with gabby not swallowing her food, so I don't have much advice for you. this may sound dumb, but have you tried to demonstrate putting food in your mouth, and then showing her that once it goes in, its all gone after you swallow? I used to chew very emphatically when i would feed gabby in hopes that she would also chew instead of try to just swallow her food whole. Not sure if it worked or not, but she is a chewer now. I still spoon feed gabby things like applesauce and yogurt tho and she does ok with those. But she can't feed herself with the spoon. She takes my fork and attempts to eat with it (has no idea how to actually pick food up tho), but has no interest in her nice, safe baby spoon. I would think its still too early for a baby to feed herself with anything other than hands?

Sigh, love the monthly pics.... Mega cute!

Chloe, what's pink eye? I used bm when Millie had slight conjunctivitis and it really helped, not sure if it's the same thing?

Bean, I hope Amber has a lovely birthday party :)

It depends on the child like most other things-Hayden can use a spoon and has done so for a month or so now. We blw so he has fed himself since 6months anyway and then started giving him cutlery when he become interested in ours.

Chloe Gabby's pics are adorable! I love the dress!

Bean so happy you're having fun playdates with the other moms and babies. I can't wait until we have one now that I know I have 2 friends who also have little ones willing to play.

Sigh the 12 months pics are awesome. It is so fun to see her progress each month. I wish I had done something like that!
I too would be frustrated, but not worried about, what that new doctor says. Most children at this age don't have the desire to use a spoon to feed themselves. Cait likes to hold the spoon while she eats with her other hand or I feed her with a spoon. Like Chloe said, I still feed her things she would make a huge mess of or to remind her to eat, because she doesn't have a great appetite and sometimes gets a little side tracked. She has attempted to use the spoon for it's intended purpose but usually gives up. I'm sure she'll figure it out eventually as long as I keep giving it to her to try with. Cait is also still drinking from bottles as she thinks her sippy cup is a fun toy. She takes a few sips and then finds a way to spill water everywhere. I don't push the subject, I know that one day she'll be feeding herself and drinking strictly from cups. I'm not going to worry about it. Not every kid picks up a spoon or a cup and feeds herself right off the bat. They all have their own pace.

lolly, yes, pink eye is conjunctivitis. It's good to know that breast milk can be a remedy!

Cait had her appointment today and she is doing great. 20lb 6oz, 29 inches, and finally a tooth popping through, her bottom right I hadn't even noticed! The doctor seemed happy with her walking progress and eating and sleeping schedules as well as her short list of words. I can't believe she is one!

Happy birthday again to any little ones celebrating! I hope everyone is well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->