• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Thank you lovelies :hugs: unfortunately the pregnancy is no more :( my lines got fainter, my temps started to drop and I began to bleed yesterday morning at 4+4. Really gutted obviously but it obviously wasn't meant to be, so just going to pick myself up and get on with life. And back to ttc, being pregnant if only for a short time, has made me realise just how much I want it again!

Sorry to hear some of you are having a rough time with naps :hugs: Millie's quite good with hers, only issue we are having at the moment are her tantrums. She's terrible for them :wacko: throwing herself around, and lashing out at us!! Just telling her a firm no and ignoring any bad behaviour and hoping she grows out of it quickly!

sorry for your loss lolly.:hugs:

As for tantrums, Cait has them too. Awful. She kicks and screams and throws herself backward. What a temper. I'm hoping it's not a forever and always kind of thing. Although that's just with me, when DH tells her NO she just cries as though her little heart is broken. I guess she doesn't take me too seriously, unfortunately.

I hope everyone is well.

So sorry lolly, i hate to hear of losses. Fx you'll get a sticky one soon :hugs:

Camden also has quite a temper. If she has to do something she doesn't want to, or if I'm too slow getting her food to her after putting her in the high chair she'll cry and arch her back and flail about, it's quite ridiculous really. Also she's been doing this mean swatting/scratching thing, sometimes when she's upset, other times for no known reason, but I hate it! She gets this defiant look on her face and then claws at whoever is holding her or nearest her. She even sometimes makes a scoffing sound when she does it. Ugh, I can't wait until she stops that!

I'm trying to figure out a way to teach her not to throw her sippy cup when she's done with it. Any ideas are welcome! It's soooo annoying, I'll hand it to her, she'll take a sip or however much she wants, then she flings it over her shoulder or to the side. I try to gently take it back from her when I think shes done, but most of the time that just causes her to "want" another sip, and the she flings it before I can get it. Same with her milk even when I'm holding her. Like before bed tonight she was drinking her milk and I was rocking her in the rocking chair, she was completely still and seemed like she might have been sleeping, then next thing I know the sippy is empty and she's tossed it across the room. What the heck do I do with that?

So sorry, Lolly :hugs: I hope you get a sticky bean soon!

Scooby, Gabby is the same with her sippy. Our nice hardwood floors are getting all dinged up from her throwing the cup over the edge. I tell her no, but I can't withold milk from her, so i dont know if she quite gets it. One thing that sorta works, if i'm watching her, i will hold my hand out and tell her to give me the cup when she is done, and about 75% of the time she will. but that is not a good long term solution.

Thankfully we haven't had too many tantrums, just some grunts of frustration if she cant do something. nothing that lasts too long and that she doesnt get over quickly. so far.....

Sorry for you loss Lolly!

Amber also tends to throw her bottle and sippy cup when she's done. With her bottle I don't think its intentional. She lies in her boppy drinking and kind of lets go and sits up all at once. But with the sippy cup she's trying to make a point!
And as for temper tantrums..... I'm also hoping its just an age thing and not a permanent personality feature! Unfortunately both dh and I have quite a temper so I'm guessing she's going to have one too :(

I'm really excited - we have finally booked our tickets back to South Africa for my summer holidays. We are going for two months, and even though it will be winter there, I can't wait!!

Amber's first top tooth is finally through the gum. Now I'm hoping the second one will come through soon and then maybe her nose will finally clear. She's basically been teething non-stop since the end of November and her nose has been blocked/running since then.

Lolly :hugs: so sorry to hear. FXed you get a sticky bean soon!!

Ellie throws everything off the high chair and the one thing that seems to be working is I tell her that it makes mommy sad, then I act sad. She doesn't like to see me sad so she'll say "MAMAAA" and reach out for my face. If I yell or nag she just throws things more so I'm trying not to!

I was laughing so hard at this (although I probably shouldn't).
Me: Ellie, do you want cheerios or crackers?
E: Crack!
(eats cracker)
E: Mama, crack! Crack!

She kept asking for crack. Lol

sigh, you always make me lol!:haha:

Cait has a cough/cold so I've been busy with that. Maybe teething related. Who knows at this point. She is in decent spirits considering but I'm just so over her being sick. I'm tired.

Hope everyone is well!

sigh, too funny!

IST, hope Cait feels better soon! I just got over the stomach flu, had a fever of 100.5, and I was miserable. Yet when Gabby has a fever like that, she acts like nothing is wrong. These babies are so much stronger than me!

Sigh - so funny!

Chloe - sorry you've been sick, it's so miserable!

So lets talk about pacifiers for a moment. Anyone have a LO that's still using them? Camden has become obsessed with them since we stopped nursing when she turned 13 months. I don't really have a problem with her using them at this point, as she's still very young, but I'm concerned about her teeth. She doesn't like the orthodontic ones, she likes the soothies like they give out at the hospital when they're newborns. Not sure if I should just take all the soothies away and if she wants a paci bad enough she'll learn to use the orthodontic type, or just take them all away altogether, or let her continue as she is for a while longer.

Scooby, has she always been a pacifier user and just likes them more now that she isnt nursing? I often wonder what gabby will do when we stop nursing. She hates pacifiers, so I'm hoping she continues to hate them after nursing is over. If she has always been a paci lover, I would do what you said, and just give her the orthodontic ones, and maybe only at certain times? If she has never liked them before, I would hide them all now and deal with a day or two of crabby baby. I hear paci weaning can be a nightmare, worse as the child gets older. Just my opinion tho. Good luck!

Chloe -she has always used them, but prior to the last few weeks she only wanted it when she truly needed comfort, like when I dropped her off at daycare she would use it for a short time in the morning and then they gave it to her at naptime. Or if we were out doing errands and she got hungry the paci would satisfy her for a while. But she never cared about it when she was just playing on the floor at home, until the last week or two.

I do think I'll just collect the non orthodontic ones and she'll have to either use the others or use nothing at all.

Scooby we're still using them! I actually thought I was the only one here using them! Amber loves them but she does only get them for nap times and bedtime. If she finds one she will immediately put it in her mouth but she doesn't cry when I take it away from her. I wanted to be rid of them by the time she was one because like Chloe said, the older they get the harder it is. I then decided to wait for my holidays (which are now) so that I didn't have to go to work after a sleepless night. But now Amber is teething both top teeth. One has cut through already and the other is about to. I think it would just be cruel to take away her comfort item while she is in pain so now I'm holding off taking them away. We've only ever used the orthodontic ones so I feel a little better about that. I basically have a child who will suck on anything!! (think lip balm top/ear phones/rubber ducks/......).
I think I'm just going to leave it for the moment and hopefully be rid of them before we go home in June. I really don't want to listen to the comments my MIL will have to say if she is still using it by then!

question, ladies. Gabby's eye has been randomly tearing up for a few weeks now. Like she is constantly crying. Has anyone experienced this? I dont know how much longer to let it go before calling a doctor. It doesn't seem to bother her, and it didnt go away when she went to my parents for 4 days, so I don't think it's an allergy to my cats. Any thoughts?

Hope you are all well! I just taught gabby how to make monkey sounds, and it is the greatest thing ever to hear her make those sounds after i ask her what a monkey says. Nothing all that interesting going on over here tho.

Millie still has her dummy, mostly just for naps and bedtime, but if she's upset I do give in and let her have it then too. We use the orthodontic ones :thumbup: I really have no issue with her having one. Amber had one too and we cut her use down and she gave them up completely within time, her teeth fine too, so no bad past experiences with using them either. I'm all for comfort and if that's what they want then so be it :)

Chloe, is it just clear, tear like watering? I'm not quite sure, maybe her eyes a little sensitive to something and so overproducing tears to clean it? Maybe a trip to the docs just to save yourself from any worrying isn't a bad idea x

Sorry Chloe, I don't have any advice. Maybe a doctors visit is best....

I went back to work today. It was actually a good day at work. Yesterday I was a little sad about going back because over this holiday Amber has become a real mommy's girl and I have to admit I am really enjoying it! I'm hoping it doesn't change too drastically over the next four months. I'm really happy my school agreed to arrange my schedule so I can take her to a jitterbugs class on a Tuesday morning. We get some nice time together and I get to see my friends for a bit too!
Her fourth tooth finally cut through so I'm really hoping she gets a bit of a break now. She's been teething non-stop since the end of November and her poor little nose needs a rest!

Gabbys tears are just clear, no gunk which is why I havent called the Dr sooner...

Bean, that is so nice that work let you have a break in your schedule! I wish I could take a mommy baby class. We still take swimming but it's cold and not all that fun for me. Gabby likes it tho.

So I was watching gabby very dramatically eat her pasta today and noticed white spots along her gums, towards the back. I stuck my finger in her mouth and she has 4.molars popping through, one on each side! I had no idea. She still doesn't even have her front right top tooth! But she has molars! My little girl is growing so fast! And she hasn't gotten up at night once! I can't believe it....

It looks like we aren't getting any relief from teething just yet. Tooth number 5 is on its way. Amber hardly lets me look in her mouth anymore so I'm surprised I got the chance now! But at least it explains her random cries in the night. She doesn't wake up - just cries out (and wakes me up), rolls over and carries on sleeping.

She is still not showing any signs of wanting to walk. If she holds onto my fingers she will walk a bit now, which she never used to do. And I still don't think we have any real words (or if we do they all start with a da sound). I think I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself about it all. I know they each develop at their own pace but its making me a bit sad and question whether I'm doing enough. :( (sorry - pity-party over!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->