***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Bean, when you're trying to change your picture make sure you click on the avatar link rather than the profile picture link. I about went crazy trying to change my picture at one time then realized my mistake.

Honey - congrats!!!!

Bean - Yay for ntnp!

We have started ntnp but nothing is going to happen anytime soon because I STILL have no period. E is growing so fast and it's making me sad! She's singing songs and this week she started using sentences here and there. She ripped a page in her book and I asked her what happened and she said, "Happened. I boke it." :)

Hope you all are doing well!

wow sigh that's a long time with no period! GL, hope it returns soon! And awesome about Ellie starting sentences! Amber still mostly babbles and only has about five words. But she communicates really well which is nice.

good luck, bean with the NTNP! I feel like if i were to go that route, i would still secretly be trying and if i saw any EWCM I would totally jump DH.

Sigh, Ellie sounds like such an advanced talker! We don't get much in the form of sentences over here. G says 'whats that' and 'right there' but they pretty much sound the same. She loves to repeat me and her newest word of choice is 'advil' since she has been sick (again!!). she loves taking advil. kinda scary how good these medicines can taste! if she ever got ahold of the bottle and managed to open it, she would definitely drink the whole thing.

IST, love the new avatar pic!

Scooby, which water table do you have? I want to get one for Gabby too!

We have been working on shapes, colors and letters and she is getting good at identifying things. She also loves being outside and playing in the dirt (and eating the dirt....grrrr). I bought her a baby set of gardening tools so she can 'help out' while i do some gardening. It actually appears to be working to help keep her entertained so i can get some actual work done!

Chloe - we have this one Step2 Wild Whirlpool Water Table. LO likes it, but if I had it to do over again I would probably get something more like this Step2 Big Splash Water Table

I only say that because the big octopus in the middle of ours just kind of gets in the way. I think she would do better with it being more open. Easier to see and reach the toys that are floating around. She's never complained though! Hahaha

She's walking, she's walking! Sorry I'm so excited I can't help myself! We are trying not to put too much pressure on her so I have to contain myself.

Hope all is going well with everyone. Not much other news here.

Congrats bean and Amber! We knew she could do it!

Well I got my wisdom teeth removed and I am in some pain. Headache mostly. I also need to lose another 5 lbs or so by mid June to fit in a dress for a wedding. I'm sure I can manage it. We plan on TTC in July and I'm nervous about it and excited. First I need to get my cycles in order because this cycle I ovulated late and I'm hoping I get af soon...like today.

Anyway enough about me. Cait is doing well. A little clingy but well. She tries to repeat everything we say and she is healthy as ever. However she sure is late with her teeth and she needs her hair trimmed. That should be an adventure.

I hope everyone is well

Oh I dread the first haircut! gabby doesn't like wearing hats, or being approached by strangers, so I can't imagine she will like some stranger touching her hair. Her first haircut, whenever that may be, might be coming from me! I can't wait for her hair to be long enough for pigtails! It will probably be a while still, but its starting to fill out quite a bit in the back. the top of her head still isn't doing much growing tho. Glad Cait is healthy!

I've been entertaining the thought of Camden's first haircut too. I wouldn't get much done, but there are a few spots of really long hair so I would just have them even it out. Honestly the only reason I haven't had it done yet is because DH and my mom have been harrassing me about it for MONTHS and I'm just that stubborn, haha.

We've been going to the park nearly every day since the weather has gotten warm and Camden has gotten braver about doing things on the playground, so I've been trying to let her be as independent as she wants, but still trying to keep her from getting hurt. Tough balance! A few days ago she took a tumble down metal stairs of the jungle gym. I was right there and did catch her, but not before she hit her face on the edge of a step. I feel so horrible about it, the bridge of her nose is bruised and scabby and she has a long purple bruise on her forehead. I'm sure people think I'm a horrible mother when they see her.

oh scooby, i know what you mean about that being a tough balance! I think anyone who is a mom wouldn't think you are a bad mom, and people who aren't moms have no idea what it is like to chase after toddlers constantly. So if they judge, they are just ignorant! I am terrified to let gabby do too much at the playground. She tries to climb up the slides, and up the ladder and i never know how far to let her go. I feel like even if i'm right there she could still easily fall and hurt herself. She runs on pavement and i'm just waiting for her to trip and faceplant on the cement. I'm ready to put her in a big cushy bubble so i can stop worrying about these things! and DH keeps talking about getting her a leash, which i am dead set against, but at the same time sometimes i think it would be nicer becuase then i could at least let her walk in front of me and not let her wander into the street when we walk to the park. But I can't get over the fact that the only creatures on leashes are animals, and even tho Gabby doesn't know any better, i can't bring myself to leash her. Even if it means more work for me. What are everyone's thoughts on leashes?

No way do they scooby :hugs: a toddler without some reasonable bumps and bruises is non-existent! I think giving them that bit of independence is a good idea, they need to build up some confidence but also learn how to be careful and reactions and consequence etc etc. You're doing a great job, so don't worry :flower:

I trimmed Millie's fringe (or bangs to you ladies across the pond!) a couple of months back as she just couldn't see where she was going and always pulls hair clips and ties out :dohh: it looked great but grew back a bit bouffant-y :rofl: so I'll take her the hairdressers to have it done professionally next time!

Thanks ladies! Here's my pitiful girl.

As far as leashes, I have mixed feelings. I can see why people use them and I wouldn't judge them for it, but I don't think I could do it just because it would feel weird for the reasons already mentioned.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 6
We had a little life backpack for Amber, but it was rarely used as we were never really in situations where I deemed it to be overly dangerous and she's always been a good walker/hand holder etc. I think they're a great idea though if you are walking near a lot of busy roads or built up areas. Those backpacks are super cute though, and the reins are detachable and attach on to the bag rather than the child (bag has a chest strap to keep in position like a hiking bag). Plus they have this adorable little rain hat that pulls out of the top!

https://www.littlelife.com/img/daysacks-and-safety/animal-toddler-daysacks/LittleLife_AnimalDaysacks.jpg

https://www.toysrus.co.uk/medias/sys_master/8609558683042496.jpg?mime=image/jpeg

Ah sorry for the fall Scooby! But you are definitely not a bad mom and shame on anyway who thinks that!

We got a little backpack that came with a leash but dh said no ways were we ever going to use it. I ended up giving it to my friend because her backpack didn't come with it (although it was meant to). I thought it would be useful for when we're in the airport, especially in Abu Dhabi, but I respect dh's decision. And he will be the one running after her!!!!

Well DH was off work today and we had a late lunch out together and decided we would have Camden's hair cut since I found our discussion earlier inspiring, ha! Here's how it went:

Attachments

• IMG_10435108602670.jpg
    IMG_10435108602670.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_11299716191400.jpg
    IMG_11299716191400.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_11315114865822.jpg
    IMG_11315114865822.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_11321113890559.jpg
    IMG_11321113890559.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 8
haha Scooby, that is quite cute. Amazing how well distraction works! I love how she got a certificate at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->