***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

I'll PM when I get a chance.

I had my 3 hr glucose today and passed so no GD here thankfully. Also 28wks today. I'm exhausted though.

Cait has been using the potty the past few days but she's still not all that eager to go or stop what she is doing but it's a good start. This pregnancy has been kinda tough on me and I've gotten a bit of a short temper. I'm trying to reconnect with Cait and bond with her more before the baby comes. She seems to have a case of the terrible 2's that won't quit and I know it's because I've been a bit disconnected. But she LOVES babies and I know she'll like having one around. It's sharing attention I think she will have the problem with (that is when she is not paying attention to baby).

Scooby Cait had her Xray in July right after I miscarried. They gave her the all clear and said things are well. I may have to get her checked again in a few years. I do notice that she is occasionally a tiny bit pigeon-toed and knock kneed (but not always...???) so I'm going to bring it up to her doctor at her well visit in June. I'm wondering if it's just when she is tired? She doesn't seem to be in any pain and it's certainly not slowing her down but I will ask a professional as a precaution.

IST I know what you mean about terrible two's, feeling disconnected and being short tempered. I'm trying really hard but doing it all on my own and never getting a break is really taking its toll on me! Amber also loved baby so I'm pretty sure she's going to like this one. But she also still believes she's the centre of the universe and I'm worried how that is going to go! At least my parents will be here for the first few weeks.
As for potty training... Still a no go here. I haven't wanted to force it, especially with all the changes that have been going on. Amber doesn't distinguish between wee and poo and just calls everything poo. She has recently started telling me when she's been going and when she has a real poo she wants to be changed immediately. But she mostly refuses to sit on the potty and gets hysterical at the big toilet. So I'm really at a loss of what to do.

Last night Amber woke up at 2am and didn't go back to sleep til 5:30am. Then she woke up again when I got up at 6:30am to get ready for work... Not the kind of thing I need happening at the moment.

Bean I'm sorry you are feeling this way also but it's kind of a relief to know I'm not the only one. I'm easily stressed when pregnant and I'm sore all over. So trying to bend over and pick up all of Cait's toys can get me pretty irritated. Then with the tantrums on top of that I'm at my wits end most days. My husband has a job that keeps him very busy in the winter months and he isn't around much and when he is he is tired. I feel like I have broken the close bond I had with Cait and it makes me sad. Or maybe it's just my crazy hormones and she's acting out because of the changes/and or she is 2. I'm working on it but it's not at all easy.

Bean I really do hope that you can get Amber to sleep better and feel better. I'm sure that it's difficult doing things on your own and Amber is just having a hard time with the adjustments. Hang in there. You aren't at all alone.

Hi mommies! I know I haven't been on here in over a year but it's so nice to see so many moms still on this group. Carter is doing amazing, potty trained last Feb.- went super smoothly thank goodness, sleeping through the night, talking a ton and getting more independent every day.

I hope you are all doing well. Will have to go back and read through a bit. Seems like some moms are on to baby #2 and #3 so congrats!

We are considering baby #2 but I'm terrified. Any tips/advice? Not sure I'm completely sold on the whole thing.

We are cooking baby #2, so I have no experience from actually having two kiddos. Growing #2 has been much easier though, no real aches and pains, it's like my body knows the drill already. The first trimester was hard with morning sickness, but thankfully DH is awesome and really took care of everything when I was out of it.

Kelly I can understand why you're terrified. I have to be honest and say I haven't had the easiest time BUT I've had a lot of other stress added into the mix.
Fore, I found my second pregnancy to be harder than the first. My first was really easy though. Second time I felt a lot more aches and pains but it wasn't terrible. All of it was manageable. I am still trying to potty train Amber so at least that is one less thing you have to worry about. Be prepared for some jealousy. My dh and I separated while I was pregnant and Amber became extremely clingy with me. When Logan arrived she was very, very jealous and that was hard but you can understand where she was coming from. The jealousy gets better and, although she still has her moments, she adores her baby brother.
My best advices: accept that there will be some chaos in the beginning until you establish a new routine, remind yourself that whatever is going on won't last forever, have 'special' activities for Carter to do while you are nursing/busy with baby - whether that's a special snack, a new toy that only comes out when you're nursing, reading books while nursing, watching a TV show, etc, accept help - any help.
You will have a bigger age gap than I do so that will also make it easier. You will be able to explain things to Carter so that will definitely help.
Do expect some regression whether that is sleep or eating or potty training. Its not happen but helps if you are prepared.

As hard as it's been sometimes, I adore having two kids and wouldn't change it for anything. I promise you won't regret it.

Thanks Bean and Daydream. Husband and I just finished a discussion and we both decided we are going to wait until next year and reopen the case. I think next year we'll be financially more stable and will have more time to prepare. We want a spring/summer baby (well I do) so we only want to ttc in August, Sept, Oct. Meaning we'd either get pregnant now or wait a year. We opted to wait after discussing it off an on for the last couple of months. I do want one more but I know how easy one is. Life is finally getting so easy! I'm doing well in my career, I have time for myself and time for dh, I get to do things, have a personal life, etc. I'm not so sure I want to give it all up. But I do remember that everything is a passing phase and that if we have #2 I will eventually get my life back again. I hope! I've never been so divided on anything in my life. I usually know exactly what I want. I appreciate every experience moms of 1 and moms of 2 share with me.

I'm with Bean. Our age gap is kind of awkward and I got pregnant just as we were starting to potty train. Needless to say that didn't go well so now, baby is almost 3 months, and we are still working on the potty training. It doesn't help that I have the most strong willed child on the planet. She goes regularly but still doesn't bother to tell me she needs to. Having to deal with that and my little one is tough and I get a bit stressed but I think we're doing alright. We still don't have much of a set routine but we're all alive and well so that's a plus, lol. I guess my only advice is, try not to stress. Time goes by so quickly and things change so easily that there's no need to worry about it. Just keep trying to do whatever it is that needs doing and be positive. That's what I do with 2 kids....:blush:

Haha IST, I think I'll challenge you on the 'having the strongest willed child on the planet'!!
I think for us a second child is a lot more challenging because of the nature of business number one! I don't want to crush her spirit because she is so confident and excited and things. But she is very exhausting too!

HI all!
Recognise some of you from two and a half years ago :)
Im back on here too..trying again. Fell the first month i trying which was a shock as we only managed once during that week, but unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage seven weeks ago when I should have been 10 weeks. A shock..but we are all good now and back to trying! :)

Hope all is well with all your toddlers, amazing that some of you are on to number 2 - I hope thats going well as well!!

Connor not potty trained and has no interest in it at the moment. He still denies it when he's had a poo so he's no where close! Still Im not worried at all, ive had friends who have let their kids just let them know when they are ready, and this seems to work perfectly as they didnt have any accidents afterwards! they will all catch up eventually! x

Hey everyone :) How is it possible our babys are almost 3! Just a bit of quick reading and I see some of you also have a 2nd now aswell :)

Yes, time flies! I'm cooking #2 now, very early stages tho. If anyone is interested, we have a december snowflakes facebook group. PM me if you want to join!

Oh, I really do feel for all of you mamas who's little ones haven't potty trained yet. Especially if you have another little one to change diapers for! It's really one of the least fun parts of being a mama, but it's even worse changing stinky toddler poops. Carter's poop smells like real, human poo now, not just cute little odorless breastmilk poos like it once was. lol ;)

Still on the fence about #2 as I said earlier. At times, I'm just so in love with the idea of having only one as it's so easy financially, time wise, energy wise, career wise, etc. But I am getting some serious pangs for little baby snuggles again lately! I just need a friend to have a baby here so I can snuggle and then leave. Hah hah! :)

Congrats on #3 Cookie and #2 Chloe. So exciting!

Kelly I have to admit changing diapers really doesn't bother me that much. I'm more bothered by people saying 'oh she's still not potty trained?'
I'm on a bit of a rampage about judgemental moms at the moment!

Kelly I have to admit changing diapers really doesn't bother me that much. I'm more bothered by people saying 'oh she's still not potty trained?'
I'm on a bit of a rampage about judgemental moms at the moment!

yes yes yes! I was getting so fed up with people asking me if Cait was potty trained and comparing her to their kids, etc. It had me on edge with Cait because I was getting frustrated about what they thought. Then I realized what I was doing and I feel much better about it now. And when I quit worrying about it she seemed to be more interested in it! I've only just today had her in underwear all day and she is doing well. It'll all happen in it's own time. If she has an accident and isn't ready to be fully potty trained yet, I'm fine with it. I've never met an adult who wasn't potty trained so it'll happen. Maybe Cait is done with diapers today or maybe it'll be next year when she is easier to reason with and understands better, but either way it'll happen. Nothing to worry about! And I truly think our issue is she is too damn smart (so I don't think it means anything intellectually) because she realizes that the diaper will hold the pee so why not utilize it so she can continue to play or watch tv, or not have to come in from playing outside.

And changing 2 kids in diapers isn't too bad. I worked in childcare and I had to change 8-16 kids every 2-3 hours so, meh...it could totally be worse. lol.

I dont mind nappy changes and had 2 in cloth for a year, they looked cute with matching bums :)

Hello Ladies,
It's been a while. So much has changed ... Our babies are close to 3yo! Can someone please pm me a fb link. We might start ttc in a couple of months.
Cheers,
T

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"