***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Are any of you still breastfeeding and do you have any tips on weaning

Hi bbygurl!! I weaned E a couple of months ago. I did it super slowly, eliminating 1 feeding at a time. She automatically eliminated some herself when she went from 2 naps to 1, then I eliminated the nap feeding by distracting her with books and songs before her nap and then sticking her in the crib and sitting there (while telling her to go to sleep) until she fell asleep. I eventually stopped sitting in there and if she cried I'd just stick my head in and tell her it's naptime and it worked. The morning feeding was pretty easy to eliminate, I just had my husband get her in the morning and bring her straight downstairs and she was distracted by all her toys. The night was the hardest but I think I took it harder than she did. I sent my husband in to tell her a bedtime story and he put her in the crib. She asked for me a few times and he told her I went to the store (lol). After a couple days she was fine and when I put her to bed a week later, she didn't even ask for it. Good luck!

Cait spent her first night in her big girl bed last night. It was fantastic! She did better than I ever could have imagined! I am so proud of her. Naptime today is a bit of a different story as I can hear her crumbling the pages of a book as I type. I'm sure we will get right into a routine just as we always have. Now I have the crib freed up for my next little one. I don't even plan on taking it down, I've just moved it to the other side of the room and when I get closer to my due date I'll have DH lift it back up and I'll wash up some sheets for it.

Our next venture will no doubt be potty training. We've made a routine out of sitting her on the potty each night before bedtime (reading a few books while she sits), then we wash her hands, brush her teeth, and we go up to bed. She hasn't used the potty yet though and doesn't seem to be interested in doing so. Hopefully she'll get the point. I'm thinking of making a big deal out of underwear and buying her some for her birthday. I haven't really decided our next step yet.

Another thing I need to work on is getting her different cups. Her cups are getting worn out and I really want to get her using different ones. She refuses. She can drink out of an open top cup but she is anything but careful and still spills a lot. And she likes to walk around with her cups which I can't let her spill milk, juice, etc all over the carpeted floors (As crazy as it sounds I think I'd rather clean her pee out of my rugs than milk).

As for my new addition, he or she is due May 26th. I have very few symptoms but my belly is bigger. I'm kinda nervous after my loss in July but all I can do is hope all is okay.

I hope everyone, and their snowflakes, are well. I can't believe they will be 2!

nice update, IST! When is your first scan? I hope everything goes perfectly for you! I am impressed by the easy bed transition! We still haven't tried to get Gabby out of her crib yet. Maybe one day. DH is chomping at the bit to do it, but I am in no rush.

Gabby is making such great strides with everything. I love watching her grow, hear the complete sentences coming out of her mouth, watch her talk to her classmates and use their names. This morning she asked to go on the potty and peed as soon as i sat her down. She is getting so grown up! Just over a month until she is 2. can't believe how the time has flown!

We had a biting incident at school the other day. a boy bit gabby because he wanted to play where she was playing. didn't break the skin, but gave her a nice red mark. The staff seems to have done a good job with it, and put an extra teacher in their room to keep a close eye on the boy, but I am not a happy camper. I can't be too mad at anyone really, tho. They are young, they are learning and still have trouble expressing themselves. But its hard not to be mad. The situation could have just as easily been reversed, although gabby has never bit me or DH out of frustration. Only a couple times in playing because she thought it was funny. we quickly taught her it is not funny and can hurt.

I have stopped my BCP, so am currently NTNP. I would like to star trying around Feb, and really hope to be pregnant by May. Went off the minipill 2 weeks ago and still haven't seen any signs of AF tho. Anyone else have this issue?

Chloe it's adorable when their little voices make whole sentences and they talk like little adults. I love it! Cait is speaking a lot as well. Something new everyday. I'm sorry to hear about the bite. Having worked in a daycare for years it happens pretty often actually. Especially in the 1-2 age bracket. They don't know how to express themselves well enough and often use hitting or biting instead of words to explain what they want. Having been the teacher, it was a tough position to be in. I know now, being the parent I would have a really hard time with it and I'm sorry you're dealing with it now. But just like when they were tiny crying infants, keeping you up all night, this too will pass, and before you know it they'll be old enough to communicate and she won't be getting hurt at daycare as much.

As for my ultrasounds I've already had 2. I had one at 5wk and some days before baby had a heartbeat because my doctor wanted to check on things due to my recent loss. Then I had a scan at 6w3d and saw the heartbeat. Now at 8w3d I'm nervous again having not seen baby in 2 weeks. Hoping everything is growing well in there despite my very few symptoms.

Chloe as for the minipill I don't recall when I got my period after stopping it. I do remember that I bled and spotted every 2 weeks on it though. I'm dreading being on it after this baby is born.

Nice to hear from you guys!

IST that's great that your pregnancy is going well. I also had very few symptoms, which was a bit strange. I felt a bit bad because a couple of ladies on my April thread have had hg and a few others are still suffering ms in the second tri.
Good to hear the move to a big girl bed went smoothly. It went pretty well for us. We even got to the point where Amber was putting herself to sleep. Sometimes she plays jack in the box and it's a pain pitting her back in bed 5 times a night. She has been sick the past few nights and has ended up in our bed. I'm hoping to stop that tonight. Naps are a little harder but it does get easier!

Chloe that's awesome that Gabby is speaking so well and using the potty. Amber gets upset every time I even suggest sitting on the potty. She is picking up new words everyday but she's not saying too many sentences yet. But that will come. I'm not worried about it yet.

Otherwise things are going well here. At my last scan I was told baby is 99g! All tests came back low risk. I'm showing so much faster this time! But I've finally told everyone at work so at least they know I'm not just getting fat!

She's been in her big girl bed ever since! She gets out to get books sometimes once I tell her goodnight and close the door but she gets right back in and eventually puts herself to sleep just like she did in her crib. Naps are a bit more difficult. I have to lay down with her and then she'll fall asleep within 20 to about 45 minutes usually. Me being pregnant, I usually fall asleep with her and then she wakes up after I wake and try to sneak out. Otherwise it's gone perfectly.

Potty training will be waiting a bit longer as she still isn't interested. We still put her on the potty each night before bed but it's mostly just a routine thing. She isn't ready and that's fine. I'm not in a rush and I know she'll let me know when she's ready. She's speaking very well and in sentences so I know that she's got a pretty good understanding and would let me know if she wanted to go. I did buy her some big girl underwear and some training pants for her birthday so I'm wondering if that will turn on a light bulb for her, if not that's fine. We'll just keep trying until she decides she's ready.

Overall, Cait is doing fantastic. Singing sons and copying pretty much everything I say. She knows a lot of shapes, colors, and songs, and she is very happy. I love being her mama so much.

As far as I know, my pregnancy is going alright. I'm still having very few symptoms. Very mild and occasional nausea, waking to pee, fatigue, and bloat are the most of my symptoms. I'm going to be 10 wks tomorrow and I have an appt on Thurs. I'm so nervous and anxious and excited. I just hope everything is going well in there.

I hope everyone is well

Hey, it's been a while! How is everyone doing?

Amber has very firmly hit the no phase although I must say most of the time I just find it amusing. I'm having a hard time getting rid of bottles. She just refuses to drink milk or tea from anything else. I'm thinking of just making the leap to cups. Potty training is also non existent. I've managed to get as far as convincing her to sit on the potty but she won't actually use it! She's definitely not ready. She's talking up a storm and I just love all the new words and sentences. Sleep has gone to crap though! I can't believe I had such a good sleeper before and now she is so shocking! But given everything that has gone on I guess it's expected.

So dh and I have separated. He moved out a few weeks ago. Its meant to be a trial separation but I have no idea what's going to happen. Its been really stressful. Being pregnant and alone with a two year old is not much fun! Amber will only sleep with me, no matter what I do and she takes at least an hour every night to get to sleep.

Aside from stress my pregnancy is going well. Although I wanted to stay team yellow again baby had other ideas and I found out at my anomaly scan that we are having a boy! He was determined I was going to see! All seems to be fine and he's measuring a week ahead. I'm terrified I'm going to have an enormous baby! I looked in the mirror and realised I've exploded! I'm much bigger than I was with Amber!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Bean, I am so sorry to hear about you and DH! That has to be rough on so many levels, although since you have decided to separate, even if temporary, I imagine it is better now than it was. DH and I have certainly had our fights, and I think having a kid has caused those fights. I wouldn't do anything differently, but it is very stressful in a relationship! I hope you find the situation that makes you the happiest. And how exciting! A boy! One of each would be so great.

Gabby turned 2. She had so much fun opening her presents and playing with her toys. She is such a happy girl. We think she is ready for official potty training, but we (I) aren't, so we are going to spend the next month preparing and go full on over christmas break. Her words are so amazing to me, she will say complete sentences, sometimes with multiple thoughts. love it!

Hope everyone is well, and to those in the US, happy thanksgiving!

Sorry to hear about you & DH Bean. I hope it's something you can both work out (if that's what you want that is) :hugs:

Don't worry about being bigger this time, you always show more with second and subsequent pregnancies :thumbup: congrats on having a little boy!

All good here, just 5 weeks til my EDD but 2 until I'm full term :yipee: getting really tired and impatient to meet my new little miss! I'm a little worried how Millie will be as she's still very attached and quite clingy to me, bless her. I'm hoping she adjusts well to sharing me with a baby! She's fully potty trained (day time) now, and her speech is coming on slowly but surely. She's into everything and is her big sister's shadow!

Bean, I'm so sorry to hear about your seperation. That must be horribly stressful. I hope things end up for the best, whatever that may be. Congrats on finding out it's a boy!

Lolly, it's almost time for you, how exciting!!

We are passively TTC, although I've been having second thoughts about whether I would be that disappointed if we weren't able to have another one (dealt with infertility with Camden). I do want Camden to have a sibling close in age to grow up with, and I do love babies, but my life is gravy right now. I have it so easy with her, and adding another would seriously mess up my flow! All that being said, if I got a BFP tomorrow I would be thrilled. I think my defense mechanisms of being afraid I won't be able to conceive are taking over and making doubt things.

Camden is not officially 2 yet, but she sure acts like she is! Tantrums are frequent, although very short lived, and she is constantly testing boundries. It can be exhausting! But most of the time she's a ton of fun. She talks like a pro and loves to sing, dance and read. Her favorite book is Go Dog, Go by Dr. Seuss and she reads it to me several times a day. It's pretty adorable. She also LOVES to ride my mom's horse, I'll attach a picture below.

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well!

Attachments

• IMG_723587665174.jpg
    IMG_723587665174.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 2
Congratulations Lolly on your newest little one! Kept meaning to come and check whether she had arrived and I forgot! How is everything going?

How is everyone doing in the new year?
Things between my dh and I are amicable to pleasant but still separated. I am still not sure what I want any more but taking it one day at a time.
Pregnancy is going well - although I am having a big baby this time. At my scan on Wednesday he was measuring 9 days ahead!! I feel enormous already and can't believe I've hit the third trimester already!
Amber is doing well. I have started getting her back into her own room again. She will go to sleep in her bed as long as I am in the room but she wakes up sometime during the night and comes through to me. But its a start. Still not making any progress on potty training. But I'm not pushing it either. I have enough stress going on without trying to force that on her!

Hope you are all well!

Just got the urge to check BNB as i've been so busy with other things it sort of fell off my radar. Lolly, congrats on little Willow! She is gorgeous!

Bean, I can't believe you are 3rd tri already!?!? seems like a couple weeks ago only you were announcing your BFP! Glad you and DH are getting along. What have you been doing with custody and such since nothing formal? Does Amber stay with you the whole time with just visits from DH? Mad props to you for being pregnant, and having a toddler, and not having a full time other half in the house! I hope your 3rd tri goes great and the big baby you are cooking doesnt make you too uncomfortable!

Hope everyone else is well! We potty trained Gabby over the Christmas Holiday and she is doing really well. Mostly waking up dry (but we do pull ups at night because I don't have time to deal with wet sheets in the morning), and she does a great job during the day. She will tell us when she has to poop, but getting her to tell us when she has to pee is not always as direct. we mostly just force her to go once an hour unless she has indicated to us that she has to go. she has trouble fully emptying her bladder in one sitting, so we are working on that. She is a real chatterbox, and loves to dance, sing, jump, and ask a million questions. Any time i do something she says 'whats mommy doing?" no matter what it is. A very curious one, she is!

We are also more passively TTC. But I too feel my life is gravy right now and having a second would both be amazing and also soooo much more work. So whatever will be, will be. If i don't fall Pg this year, I will officially say i am through with TTC. I will be happy either way, and although I'm not religious, I feel like if i am meant to have a second kid, then it will happen and I will do just fine with 2.

Happy new year to all!

Hi everyone!! It's been so long! Just wanted to tell you guys I finally got a BFP today at 9dpo. I'm so excited!! Praying it's a sticky one. My family could really use some good news after the horrible month we've had. My dad died very suddenly and unexpectedly on February 3rd. It's been such a shock to all of us, I really haven't fully processed it yet. Then my grandfather was diagnosed with liver cancer this past week. When it rains it pours I guess. Hoping this little bean will be the glue that keeps us all together.

How's everyone else? Lots of new babies, anyone want to share pics? Are the 2 year olds adjusting well to being big sisters/brothers?

Congratulations scooby! Will pray hard it's a sticky bean! I'm very sorry for the loss of your dad and the news about your grandfather. That must have all been so hard to deal with.

Afm I'm nearing the end. Will be 35 weeks this coming week. This pregnancy has been harder than the first one - lots of aches and pains and of course lots of stress! I can't wait for him arrive though and will definitely post some pictures when they happens. Bit worried how dd is going to react, she is firmly entrenched in the terrible two's and believes the world revolves around her! She is still very cute though and I love her to bits.

I've been wondering how sigh and IST's pregnancies have been going.

I'm okay. lol. 27weeks+ and getting big and achy. Also failed my one hour glucose so I'm nervous about that. I'm feeling super anxious and unorganized and baby doesn't have a name yet. Cait is doing well. Very smart and wonderful. She LOVES babies so I think she's going to be a big help. I know it'll be tough with 2 little ones but I'll make it work somehow. We're still working on potty training which is proving difficult as Cait is so head strong and independent. She doesn't think she needs me help and doesn't realize she does....So it's a work in progress.

scooby I'm so sorry to hear that your family is having a tough time and I'm sorry for the loss of your father. Congrats on the bfp though. I do hope you have a happy and healthy 9 mo.

Scooby, i'm so sorry about your dad. I can't imagine losing a parent. And also very sorry about your grandfather. But congrats on your BFP! FX for your new bean being super sticky!

IST and Bean, i can't believe you are both so far along now! Do you have names picked out?

So many pregnant ladies now! I hope you all stay in touch on here so we can follow your adventures with 2. If anyone is up for sharing their FB names, I have found that to be a much easier way to stay in touch. I have another small group of ladies from this site that i met on another thread and we keep in touch via facebook and it is so nice seeing everyone's LOs grow.

Gabby loves playing with her baby dolls, so i think if/when the time comes, she will be a great big sister. She is doing great with the potty and also with her 'new' bed (we just took the side off her crib).

Nice to hear from you chloe!
I'm up for Facebook. My April bunnies group started a group on Facebook and it's so much easier to keep in touch that way. It made we wonder why we never did it with this one.
I'll pm you my name. I hope others will join in!

Chloe and bean, I'm up for facebook too. Will pm. Anyone else want to join let us know!

great, girls! I sent you PMs too, so just accept my facebook request and i'll set up a dec snowflakes group!

IST - have you had a xray for Cait's hips lately? Camden's one year xray is coming up in May. I don't expect them to find anything abnormal as her gait looks normal now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->