***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

So nice to hear all the other snowflake mummies stories :) Evie is also a member of the sleep, eat, poop, repeat club! :rofl: I had a tough time the first 2 days trying to breastfeed so she is now a happy bottlefed baby, i felt guilty at first but she is sooooo much happier and im not constantly crying so it has to be a good thing! Im actually amazed at how good of a baby she is, I had in my head she would be screaming constantly and I would never sleep, but she sleeps amazingly well and she is just a dream. I am soooo in love :cloud9:

Just wanted to share that we had Ruris tongue tie snipped yesterday and last night I didnt have to express from my R boob as she latched and had a full feed for the first time :happydance: :cloud9: :happydance: Anyone having feeding issues PLEASE ask someone to check for tongue tie its such a small thing but it really can make a huge difference.
So nice to see lots of snowflakes already here :) Just need to get those boys here now! And I thought it was girls who were meant to be fashionably late :haha:
GenY hope you are doing ok, I suffered with PND after my last pregnancy and actually asking for help was such a relief, sounds like you have some good support there definately use it :hugs:
Chloe im on day 15 of breastfeeding and its definately less painful for the initial latch! Few seconds for me as my let down starts but nothing more.
Stark glad to hear your LO is waking herself now for feeds, it must be really draining having to wake them and then keep them awake.
We are following the eat poop sleep cycle mostly although we do now have some lovely alert time before sleep, unfortunately it appears to be at the 2am and 5am feeds :dohh: As much as I love my baby girl id rather go back to sleep then!
Have a lovely tuesday everyone and sorry for the essay this morning :blush:

Ive been trying to get Flicka checked for tongue tie since she was born! The hospital, 2 MWs at home, a HV and the GP all said they couldn't help! Every feed is agony. She keeps slipping off and sucking in wind which with the reflux is causing her so much pain. Im on the verge of giving up. Have a paed appt on Friday for her reflux and am praying he can help with that too.

Hi ladies, i'm subscribing to this thread now.

Finley eden (boy) was born 30th nov.

Oh Bay he is precious!!! And I love the name :)

Well Summer has been gassy the last day or so...even before we started formula last night (which she eats just fine, thankfully). Just as she is fling asleep after a feed she starts with the red faced grunting, grimacing and fussing. She really doesn't spit up much so I'm pretty sure it's not reflux. It keeps the poor thing awake for an hour sometimes!

Thoughts? Tips?

Ichisan, that's great your got Ruri's tongue tie sorted :) Millie's most alert times are also between 2-5am :lol: I know she's still on my womb timeclock - she would come alive as soon as I was in bed and wouldn't hear much from her during the day!

2016, poor Flicka :( I hope someone helps soon, I'm glad you got an appt with the paeditrician as I remember you saying there may have been a bit of a wait. FX'd s/he's able to help :hugs:

Welcome Bay! Yay, finally we have a :blue: I love his name btw :cloud9:

GenY, it may just be because formula is thicker and she's just adjusting to digesting it. Hopefully it'll settle down soon, I don't have much more advice though :flower:

Well, Millie is 1 week old today and I just can not believe it! In 40mins actually and it'll be exactly 1 weeks :D her eyes both became very gunky yesterday, the left eyelid started to swell :( so we took her to see the nurse at our GP's today who has said it's more than likely blocked tear ducts and to just keep cleaning them with cotton wool soaked in cooled, boiled water. I've been adding a few drops of BM to them too and it seems to really be helping. I feel so bad for her though, it looks really uncomfortable :cry:

My son got clogged tear ducts when he was about a week old and had to be put on antibiotics because it got infected. I've heard bm works really good though.

Oh no :( she did tell me to go back if it hasn't cleared up in a couple of days. It's horrible seeing her like this :cry:

ttc_lolly...there would have been a wait through the NHS. I tried begging for a cancellation etc. but the earliest they could see me is a month from now. Even Friday seems an eternity away nevermind a month. Getting only 2-3 hours sleep a night is DESTROYING me. Ive been a blubbering mess all day and nearly crashed my car.

Also, dunno if I mentioned but my bleeding is still bright red and gushing 3 weeks on. They've tested for infection and my uterus is fully contracted back do they suspect retained tissue. Have to go back to hospital for an ultrasound and examination tomorrow and decide whether I'm going to need a D&C. Hoping against hope that's not the case. Don't want to have to have a procedure and go back into hospital/under general anesthetic. What about feeding Flicka? Feeling really really depressed and can't stop crying. :cry:

Geny - maybe try burping her a couple times during a feed? The gas may be sitting under all that formula so it could help to burp more often when the liqiod:air ratio is lower? I'm sorry i don't have more tips.

Oh hun :hugs: how awful, I really hope you don't need the procedure. I hope everything is ok at the ultrasound and check up tomorrow, I'll be thinking of you x

lolly-the antibiotics cleared it up very quickly so even if that happens it will be fine.

2016-sorry you are having such a hard time. I wish I had any advice for you but unfortunately I just don't know.

2016, i'm so sorry you have to go through this. Lots of :hugs:

Hopefully the scan goes well and you won't need the procedure. Did they say how long the procedure could take?

The procedure takes just 15 minutes under general anesthetic and I should be home the same day but I might be sore for 2-3 days after.

Hi ladies,

A whole week late joining the thread but it's been quite overwhelming. Kevin (boy snowflake) arrived last Tuesday.

I'm so excited about being a new mommy but it's been complicated by being in recovery from the c-section. I hadn't quite factored in how much it would limit my abiliity to do do basic things. Poor DH helps out a lot but it is quite frustrating and I'm generally in a lot of pain from the incisiion site to the internal musceles. My back also hurts more (I think from these HUUUUUGE breasts I now have) and the sciatica has only increased since I gave birth - weird. I'm also still very, very constipated.

Feeding has been a struggle. Baby started off breast feeding like a champ but started having latching problems when my milk came in with a vengance. I've had to pump my breast and bottle feed him the milk. I still offer him the breast first, which he takes sometimes but I'm ok if he prefers the bottle. The important part is that he gets the milk.

:hugs: GenY and 2016. Hoping things get better soon!

Happy 1 week to your Millie Lolly!

So glad to be a part of this thread!!!

Wow so much news!

Lolly - blocked ducts are very normal this young. Just keep on with the cotton balls, she'll be great!

2016 - it's been a rough go for you!!! You're in my thoughts and I'm sending hugs.

Thanks ladies :hugs: it was her eye swelling so much that had alarmed me the most but thankfully that has now gone down. The eyes are still a little gunky but I'll continue to clean them and adding BM too :)

Yay, welcome over Blu :hi: it sounds like you're doing a fantastic job hun, I hope you're in less pain soon :hugs: I can't imagine what it must be like taking care of a newborn AND recovering from pretty major surgery :shock:

Good luck today 2016, thinking of you :hugs:

Good.luck, 2016! Thinking of u.

Lolly, did millies eye not tear up due to the blocked duct? I haven't been wiping gabby's eyes daily unless they look gunky.
Gabby is currently wide awake and hanging out in my arms, and its somewhere in the 5am hour. Want so badly to go back to sleep! My milk has come in within vengeance and my boobs are giant rocks. Luckily I can relieve with pumping, which dh then feeds her at 11 pm while I try to get 4 straight hours of sleep. My ped suggested this as those continuous hours supposedly help prevent the post partum depression. I think tonight was the best night sleep of the.week. maybe got 5.5-6 hours so far, with another 1-2 coming (I hope!) And breast feeding is getting less painful, so thanks for the reassurance ladies!

Blu, glad u found a feeding system that works!

Thank heavens the scan went well today and there's no retained tissue! They said I'm probably just one of the unlucky few that bleeds heavy for up to 4 weeks after. Oh well only one more week to go in that case.
It was really strange to go back to the early pregnancy assessment unit for the scan today. Had two early scans there at the start of this pregnancy to check for ectopic. I half expected them to find a baby in there when they scanned. :dohh:
I did feel bad though turning up there with LO and facing a corridor of tear-stained ladies staring/scowling at me. :( I knew all too well what they were feeling - "when will it be my turn"..."it's never going to happen for me". I wanted to tell them all it *will* happen. Even when they tell you it's impossible. It happened for me against all odds. Twice!

Paed appointment booked for Flicka this Friday and it cannot come soon enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->