***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Hey a quick question to all the BF mummies here since we all have babies the same age, how often are you nursing? I just got back from a family function where I nursed my baby at 4 and then again at 6.30pm and literally everyone was telling me I needed to give my baby a supplement and that my baby should be going four hours at this age without feeding and obviously my milk was crap.

On another note, Mia is finally blowing bubbles and her right and left hand have become acquainted yay! Now she sits propped up against me holding her hands together looking very serious. I was worried this wouldn't happen for a while since I have her in those darn scratch mittens all the time (am I the only one who sweats bullets every time she has to cut baby's nails like I'm diffusing a bomb or something??)

Yay for all our drooly babies :)

Coco are they for real!? Each baby is different and there are no set rules on how often a baby should feed. You are doing just fine, your milk is perfect so take no notice to them :trouble: Millie usually feeds every 3-4hrs, sometimes longer and sometimes more often (like she has the past few days - damn growth spurts!). You're feeding on demand and that's the right way to do it :thumbup: there's a growth spurt right around 3 months too so if she's feeding more often than what she normally does that'll probably be why :) x

Carter eats every two to three hours and I have super fatty milk too. He's just a hungry boy and his growth shows it! He's huge. Lol. Don't worry what other people say. Everyone thinks they are an expert when it comes to parenting.

As for the nail clipping, I gave that up. Sounds gross but I bite his nails off while he's nursing. Much easier and safer because I can feel with my mouth where is his nails and fingers are. I cut him with the clippers and he bled. I felt so horrible that's the last time I'll ever try that. Except on his toes, I don't bite those off. Eww.

Rosa feeds every 2-3 hours during the day, depending on how active she is! Not necessarily for very long, but still a feed. When she goes longer than 3 hours, she normally has a long (30 min) feed...

And big news of the day - I can see a little tiny bump, a white spot, on the bottom right gum!?!? Teething?!? What do I need to get for her to chomp on?

My LO feeds more often during the day, every 2-3 hours, sometimes even a hour if he got distracted during the previous feed and therefore didn't get a full feed.

I still haven't clipped my LOs. I file his if he falls asleep on me.

Expat - H has those too on both bottom teeth. I've found he really likes the Lifefactory teething ring. He is even able to hold it himself now!

Coco - don't listen to them!! As long as LO is gaining weight properly you're obviously doing just fine. My LO nurses every 2.5-3 hours usually during the day. Sometimes she'll only go 2 hours. She sleeps 8-9 hours straight at night so I think she nurses more often during the day to make up for it.

I have yet to attempt cutting LOs nails, I just file them when she's sleeping on my lap.

Lol coco, I trim my dd's nails all the time. It freaked me out at first but I got used to it and it's not scary anymore.

Please pray for Iz as she has surgery Tuesday. I'm scared shitless.

Coco - they are talking shit, sorry. Do not listen to anyone, you know your baby better than anyone. Just smile and nod, that's what I've learnt to do :)

Oli feeds every 2-3 hours during the day and every 4-5 at night usually but it changes alot depending on growth spurts etc.

Ah awesome, from what can I see we're all nursing around the same mark, 2-3 hours give or take. I just think it's ridiculous for people to jump to the assumption that there must be something wrong with me. It's not like I don't already have enough self-doubt to deal with.

Samj - Sending lots of prayers and hugs and love your way. How scary :( Hoping for a speedy recovery <3 <3

Samj - thinking of you. It seems so long ago that I was in your shoes. Once you get through it, it will be a distant memory. It will be the worst day of your life but then afterward you will feel like you can get through anything. :hugs: everything will be okay

I have attempted going near his nails with clippers but just to scared he makes sudden movement and I nip his little fingers ,I remember doing this with my first born :nope: I just tend to bite them off for now aswell :shrug:
He is fascinated with his hands right now aswell if hes not staring at them then he's rubbing them together :haha: xx

Thinking of u, samj! I'm sure everything will turn out fine, but it's natural to worry.

Gabby eats every 2-3 hrs at daycare and then closer to every 1.5 hrs when she gets home. She also sleeps 10 hrs straight so maybe she eats more often b/c of that? Last night was a doozy as she was on the boob every hour for a good 4 hours, staying up way past her bed time!

Hello ladies! Big welcome to the new ladies!
Been keeping up with you all but haven't had a chance to actually write. Having a ball being home and just loving having granny around!! Tomorrow I'm going down to spend the night with my friend who had twins two weeks before me! We've been friends for 22 years and I can't wait to have fun with her and all the babies!
I went for a physical and pap smear at the doctor yesterday and it was so nice just to speak English and understand everything the doctor had to say!

Coco, I agree with the other ladies about ignoring what other people have to say! Due to failure to thrive I've had to supplement Amber and she still feeds every 3 hours during the day! And I am 100% sure she is getting enough at each session. Some people really are so ignorant.
As for nail cutting - baby nail clippers are a load of rubbish. The first time I used them, I cut Ambers finger and cried more than her! I now use a pair of baby nail scissors and (touch wood) I haven't come close to cutting her finger. They are so easy to use and it is so difficult to actually end up cutting their little fingers with them.

Thinking of those who have scary things coming up/taking place. With all we've been through I know just how unhappy it makes you.

Hello :) I was wondering if i could (re) join? I was part of the pregnant thread but I didn't manage to keep up. I have more energy now :)

My baby boy elvin (but i call him elfie on here) was born on the 18th december, he weighed 4.5 kg (10 pounds!)

He is 3 months tomorrow an having his injections I am so so worried :(

He is just such a lovely baby, he sleeps well and is happy most of the time, he was very ill with rs virus when he was 5 weeks old and spent a worrying week in hospital but he is fine now :)

at the moment his faveroit things are playing in his door bouncer, chewing his hands and playing with mummy and pappas hands :) he weighs a little over 7 kg (close to 16 pounds)

Here are a few pics of him :)

https://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/580595_10151356460131728_1110573302_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/487906_10151355307581728_1822730355_n.jpg

https://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/166776_10151353696546728_2092039096_n.jpg

https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/601252_10151351924811728_841096013_n.jpg

https://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/581930_10151349217346728_692193134_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/156437_10151325809791728_572180295_n.jpg

https://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/544478_10151325751176728_1151635514_n.jpg

https://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/68665_10151214373161728_1994899498_n.jpg

Sorry for the photo spam!

Samj thinking and praying for you and Iz. I know it will be rough for you but she will come through it well and everything will be just fine.:hugs:

As for nails, I usually bite and then file Cait's. Sometimes it still leaves sharp edges so I wait until she's in a deep sleep and then I clip them with the clippers. This is the only time I can use them confidently, when I can be sure she won't move and I won't cut her. I also use wipey's on her hands once I bite them because she puts her hands in her mouth so much and I don't want her to get my germs.

lovie, such sweet photos!!

Bean, so happy that you're around friends and family, and I know EXACTLY what you mean about asking questions in english. Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!! :)

Rosa still has a little white bump on her bottom right gum, and she's munching away so I think it really is a tooth. She's not even three months yet! How long it will take to come through will be the next guess I suppose.

I cut her nails normally just after her nap when she's still in a 'zen' mode and lets me just sit next to her and move her hands around. I use a baby clipper, and find that as long as I have a good grip on her hand and make distracting noises, she's okay as long as she can still munch away on the other hand!

Samj :hugs: keeping you & lo & your family in our thoughts for the surgery xx

samj - will be thinking of you and Iz tomorrow, hope time flies by and she's back in your arms in no time!

Bean - how exciting to have a close friend with babies nearly the same age as Amber, I hope you have a great time!

Welcome Lovie - I absolutely LOVE that first picture of LO!! You should enter it in a contest!

AFM - I have to go back to work tomorrow :cry: :cry: :cry: I can't believe I have to leave my baby!! I am sooooooo sad. She'll be going to daycare 3 days a week as DH and I will each have 1 weekday off work each week, but he works most weekends and I will work 2-3 saturdays a month. DH is going to drop her off tomorrow since his shift doesn't start until noon, so at least she won't have to be there all day for her first day. I'm going to be a wreck tomorrow. I hope she does ok with being bottle fed all day, she normally just has one bottle a day, and she is sort of slow taking it. I hope they are able to be patient with her. I would just be crushed if I were to find out she cried all day, especially since she is such a happy baby at home. I don't know what to do with myself :cry:

Lovie welcome and gorgeous photos.

Scooby I feel for you going back to work. I'm not going back for a while yet luckily but am dreading it. I should be trying to find childcare already but I can't face it!!

Samj I am sure we will all be thinking of you over the next few days. I hope the time passes quickly and wish her a speedy recovery and hope they look after you all well. Keep us posted!

Scooby, I feel for u. I went back to work 3 weeks ago. It is hard in the evenings only getting a few hours with gabby when she is awake but it also makes me appreciate my time with her more. It ended up not being as hard as I had imagined. Hang in there!

Great pictures, lovie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"