***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Hello everyone.

Have just found this thread lol.

Can I be add to the list please.

Was due 29th December but Caitlyn was born on the 2th December .

Will try catch up soon xx

Bean, so glad the flight went well!
Hi ladies -- sorry for not posting, i'm so exhausted!! Rosa's reverted to waking up every 2 hours for feeding at night...no idea why.
She's also feeding quite a bit through the day, and crying in a way that's a bit new. I hate to say it because this is my first time, but could she be teething? Really? She's doing a ton of drooling and eating her hands, and even when she's feeding sometimes she'll pull off and try to put her hands in her mouth.
I don't want to do orajel just yet...is this the stage that we're supposed to give them frozen cloths, etc. to chew on? Augh!

Same here expat! Oli is constantly chewing his fists and pulling my finger into his mouth. He's dribbling like crazy too!

Welcome Elljo3!

Expattc and ocean, my LO is doing lots of fist chewing and drooling also, but never acts uncomfortable. In her case I don't think it's teething, I think she just enjoys her hands!

Cococobain- it's good that you've taken pictures so that you can keep an eye on the flat spot. Once you're started repositioning if you take pictures once a week I think you'll be able to see some improvement from week to week. I know it's scary too see, but don't panic. Just do everything you can at home and then be sure your doctor takes your concern seriously at the 4 month appt. if they brush you off again I would seek a second opinion.

Scooby, thanks so much for posting the stretches! I'm definitely going to try these out today. Wow, tummy time ten times a day? I don't think we do it that much. Maybe three to five times and that seems like a lot to me. I too need to step it up. I think lo's flat spot is improving though since he started sleeping in his crib. He doesn't always lay his head the same way anymore since his torticollis is getting better. I think that helps drastically improve his ability to lay in different positions since his neck isn't as tight anymore. I'd say with the stretches and a couple more sessions with the osteopathic dr. he might be over it! :)

I agree that 10 times seems like a lot, it's really hard to get that many times into the day. But for torticollis/plagiocephaly babies it is super important to gain neck strength, so I'm sure that's why.

Expat - could also becoming upon the 3 month growth spurt?

Elljo- Welcome and love the name! Named my LO Caitlyn also!:flower:

10 times a day is a lot of tummy time but I suppose if it only lasts a few minutes it's not that much. I feel bad putting Cait on her belly with the harness on because it may be uncomfortable across her chest so I put a boppy or a neck pillow beneath her when she has her harness on. When I take her harness off for bath time I usually put her on her belly for 5 or 10 minutes while daddy gets the bath ready and gets her some clean clothes and then a few minutes afterward. I usually have a hard time keeping her on her belly though as she'll roll right over to her back when she feels like it. So I have to continually put her back on her belly:dohh:. I'm feeling pretty good about her development with the harness on though as yesterday she nearly rolled back to belly with it on!:thumbup: So I'm thinking she won't be too far behind! Also she has been starting to intentionally grab things and her hands are always always in her mouth. She is getting so big! I'm very proud but I know I'll miss my little baby.

Hope you are all well!

Amelia is sucking her fists and drooling loads too! I think it must be normal at this age xx

daydream maybe you're right with the growth spurt!

She's already in 3-6 month clothing, sniff sniff, and I can't believe how mobile she's getting...on her back, she pushes herself with her feet and in about 10 minutes can go off her activity mat and all the way to the edge of the mattress it's on (on the floor, so she can't fall). Crazy! I guess I never expected her to grow this fast!!

As for tummy time, 10 times seems alot, but if I count the amount of time we're walking with her while holding her like 'superman', and having her on her tummy for baths and massages, we get close to that. Normally only for a few minutes at a time, though. Will have to step it up too!

daydream maybe you're right with the growth spurt!

She's already in 3-6 month clothing, sniff sniff, and I can't believe how mobile she's getting...on her back, she pushes herself with her feet and in about 10 minutes can go off her activity mat and all the way to the edge of the mattress it's on (on the floor, so she can't fall). Crazy! I guess I never expected her to grow this fast!!

As for tummy time, 10 times seems alot, but if I count the amount of time we're walking with her while holding her like 'superman', and having her on her tummy for baths and massages, we get close to that. Normally only for a few minutes at a time, though. Will have to step it up too!

I know they grow so fast! It's crazy! My little man is already in size 9 months! He's a big boy, born average but grew like a weed on my super milk. My milk looks like cream so that's why he's such a chunky bub. He hardly got to wear his 3-6 months clothing and 0-3 months were outgrown by a month and a half.

Just thought I would share - Camden had a serious bout of projectile vomit today! She had just finished nursing so I put her up on my shoulder to burp her. A giant burp came out, and then vomit came gushing out like a volcano erupting! It went all down my front and hers, and also went over my shoulder, down my back, and even down into the back of my jeans. Super gross, but sort of impressive at the same time. The joys of motherhood!

I usually have a hard time keeping her on her belly though as she'll roll right over to her back when she feels like it. So I have to continually put her back on her belly:dohh:. I'm feeling pretty good about her development with the harness on though as yesterday she nearly rolled back to belly with it on!:thumbup: So I'm thinking she won't be too far behind! Also she has been starting to intentionally grab things and her hands are always always in her mouth. She is getting so big! I'm very proud but I know I'll miss my little baby.

Sounds like Cait isn't behind at all! Camden has only rolled over once, from front to back, and I'm pretty sure it was an accident. Way to go Cait!!

Hi all :thumbup:
Just discovered this thread !! Can you add my wee boy to this he was born on the 28th dec:happydance:

Reading a few comments and have noticed that a lot of the lo's seem to be going through the drooling and sucking hands :haha: I was thinking early teething cause my lo has started doing this the past week , but now I'm thinking its maybe an age thing :shrug: xx

Welcome Elljo3 and gracia :hi: I'll add you both to the list. Did you want to share your LO's name gracia or should I just add "baby boy"?

Wow 10 times a day for tummy time is a lot! We should step up our game too. Millie spends a lot of time on me and being carried around so not sure if we'd need to do it so much. She hates tummy time and as soon as I put her on her tummy she will just push off and roll over :dohh:

We have another major drooling and fist chewing baby here too! It could very well be teething as that can go on for months before any teeth break through. They do just like to chew on their hands/everything too! I was saying to my OH the other day how I'd quite like Millie to learn to swallow some of her saliva as I was astounded with how many clothes she can soak in a day :lol: dribble bibs are needing to be changed every 15 mins too!

Scooby, that is very gross and yet really impressive!! :rofl: way to go Camden!

Hello everyone.

Sorry hun - was that the 25th? x

Hello everyone.

Sorry hun - was that the 25th? x

Just seen what I put :haha: she was born on the 20th sorry :wacko:

Caitlyn is starting to chew her hands and dribble an awful lot too.
You can get bonjela from 2 months now so that should help if its the teeth budding.
Xx

Oops yeah sorry add my lo's name its Zander James :dohh:
My lo is just not into this tummy time at all :nope: only lasts about a minute at most before getting upset , but if I remember right my other 2 didn't enjoy it either !! Xx

Yep, Carter chews on his hands and toys like crazy and the drool is endless. He gets all foamy at the mouth too. I thought the same thing at first,"Not teething already!" But I'm pretty sure he just likes chewing a lot because he's not fussy and his gums aren't swollen or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->