***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Samj, thinking of you & Iz for tomorrow :hugs: let us know how you get on x

Scooby, that is sad :( I feel for you US ladies as I know you don't get a lot of maternity leave do you? Camden will be absolutely fine though, and you will probably miss her way more than she will you! I know that's how it was when DD1 went to nursery (your daycare). Be strong mama :hugs: you'll get to appreciate the time you have together so much more and you'll also be able to have a bit of "you" time back (albeit working!), and talking to adults some - lucky you!

Bean, glad you're enjoying being back home :) have fun visiting your friend and her babes!

Lovie :hi: welcome back hun! I'll add you to the front page. Elfie is so, soooo cute, what a little beauty! I love all of the pics too, spam away :haha: I can't believe he was 10lbs!! I wonder what your future babies will weigh!? ;)

GAH!! So much to catch up on. Work has had me slammed.

Samj, good luck on Iz's surgery. I hope everything goes well!

Lilliana eats every 2-4 hours, but she takes bottles of breastmilk. I've been pumping every 3-3.5 hours around the clock since she was born and have been able to not supplement except for a few times in the beginning. I've also got a freezer stash that should last me a month at this point if I decide to quit. I think I'm going to try to hit six months of exclusively pumping though.

It's so strange to me that not many babies enjoy tummy time. Lilliana could LIVE on her stomach and absolutely hates being on her back. She's also started sitting up in her bumbo and grabbing her toys with both hands and holding singsong conversations with everything!

Attachments

• photo(14).JPG
    photo(14).JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 5
  • photo(13).JPG
    photo(13).JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 6
^Gah, lucky! I wish Mia would enjoy tummy time as much, although she does seem to be doing better. She enjoys around 10 minutes of it all smiles, then it quickly goes downhill from there. Oh and she's kicking up her leg trying to roll over now. I gave her a little nudge to help her since she got stuck halfway through haha :)

She still isn't grabbing stuff yet though!

Ps Lovie I love those pictures, absolutely gorgeous!

Good Monday Morning everyone!

SamJ - you and Iz will be in my heart tomorrow....sending tons of good vibes!

Scooby - hope that the first day goes off without a hitch. I feel guilty saying it, but it was easier to go back to work than I thought it would be. And I do really make sure the time I can spend with her on eves/weekends is super quality time!

Summer is definitely teething---no little tooth buds to be found but she gets so fussy and upset and just gnaws away on her hands (I've tried re-directing her to teething toys a million times but she much prefers her own fingers). She can be quite the little monster when she's feeling "teethy," poor thing.

I can't believe she turned 4 months on Saturday....a third of a year gone already, and it was the one year anniversary of her conception, too! Good ol' luck of the Irish... ;)

Welcome to all the new snowflakes and welcome back to the group Lovie (great photos too)

Coco - tell them where to go! Ocean's reply was spot on. Ava still feeds 2-3 hourly during day and 4-5 hourly at night, although there are days when it can be hourly or today when feeding even more frequently is apparently necessary!

Samj - thinking of you both tomorrow x

IST - great news! Phew.

Nellie - hope your results are ok x

Ocean/tooth - loved your Mother's Day photos - too cute x

Tooth - Has Joseph stopped the vomiting now? Just started reading the book your recommended way back. So far, so good!

Yes, loads of drooling and hand chewing going on here too! Its a normal part of their development at this age and not necessarily a sign of teething (first teeth usually come through at 5-6 months but there is quite a lot of variation and they can come in as early as 3 months, but this is pretty unusual). If Ava could get both hands in her mouth at once, she would..... Sorry, can't remember who asked but in terms of teething a ring that has a part you can chill (not freeze) can be helpful.

samj -thinking of you!

Ellie eats ever 1.5-2 hrs now. She will not take a bottle and I think my supply may be low so my boobs are killing me! She's also chewing on everything, including my arms and face. My sister's baby got his teeth at 2.5 months so it may be teething! My dr said to freeze a damp washcloth and let her chew on it if her gums start to feel a little rough.

I returned to work 3 days a week on Feb 4th and full time on Feb 18th. I work from home but am getting nothing done, despite the fact that my mom is here helping me for part of the day. Taking care of Ellie is exhausting, especially the last few days (SUPER grumpy baby). I might need to hire some help but I feel uneasy trusting someone I don't know with my baby, especially since taking care of her can be VERY challenging at times.

sigh, I know how you feel not wanting to leave baby with someone you don't know. I am struggling with that as well.

anyone else struggling to get there little 1 to take naps lately? My little 1 is starting to get really difficult to put down. I was hoping to get him on a loose nap schedule but I am having no luck. He goes down 4 to 5 times a day and only sleeps maybe 30 minutes. He's also been extremely fussy lately and super difficult to lay down without him crying. He's sleeping pretty good at night still knock on wood. But I'm having trouble with daytime sleeping. the worst part aside from all of the crying he has been doing lately is that I never know when he is going to nap so it makes it hard to plan my day. Anyone else struggle with this?

Ahh yes the daytime naps :wacko:
My lo only tends to have little 10-30 minute naps throughout the day . will sleep longer if in buggy or the car though :shrug:
But can't really complain because he likes to go to bed at 6.30-7 each night !! A feed at 12-1 am then up at 6-7 am :thumbup: xx

Thanks for all the thoughts for tomorrow ladies. We have arrived in Minneapolis (3hours away from home) after driving half the way in blizzard conditions. Ugh. Early start tomorrow as Iz gets her last bottle at 5 AM and we check into the hospital for tests at 8 AM. Surgery is set for 12:15 but we will see how far it gets pushed back. Hopefully not long as she's going to be starving by then!

Keeping you in my thoughts samj.

Hey what do you ladies do if li naps too close to bedtime? Let them sleep or wake them an hour or so before? If u let him sleep then just push back his bedtime?

Well ladies, today wasn't nearly as horrible as I imagined. It helped a lot that DH dropped Camden off at daycare instead of me. It was much easier leaving her at home sound asleep in her crib! The work day passed pretty quickly, and when I picked LO up at daycare she was sound asleep. She just barely opened her eyes when I put her in her carseat. They said she took her bottles without any problem, I'm so happy! Her teacher is such a nice lady, she's older, probably around 60, and you can tell how much she loves the babies. I cuddled with her a bunch when we got home, I missed her so much!

Kelly - my LO tends to like to nap before bedtime, and I just let her. I still start our bedtime routine at the normal time anyway, and she never seems to have a problem falling asleep. If there is a day when I know she hasn't napped much and she seems tired an hour or so before her normal bedtime then I just start our bedtime routine early, but she tends to wake up a time or two shortly after putting her down when I do that.

Hey all. Welcome to all the new mommy's that joined. Good luck tomorrow with iz. Afm angel still feeds quite often but I think she is trying to make up for how tiny she was at birth. She also is chewing at her hands constantly and drooling loads. She is still ebf which I'm so happy about.she's cooing n smiling n giggling all the time. She just now grew out of her newborn sleepers. She can still fit the onesies n outfits. But I have started putting her in the 0-3 month outfits.she has just discovered her little hands. She plays with her toys on her bouncer.she has started sitting in her bumbo seat n sitting proped up. My dd1 is 16 months tomorrow n she said mama for the first time today.she says alot of other words already just never wanted to say mama. Everyone was dada since she was6 months. Angel is going to b 3 months on Friday. I'm so sad it's going by so fast. It makes wanted another. (Lol I know I'm crazy). But we will b waiting five years.how is everyone. Sorry for such a long post

Samj - ask them for sweeties to give your LO along with the binkie. That's how we survived the fasting period (ours was 4am until 1pm bc they kept pushing back the surgery time). That was so hard!

Samj - also thinking of you!! It's hard but it will be over before you know it. :hugs: :hugs:

Good luck for today samj :hugs::hugs:

Thank you for the warm welcome back :) It is so nice to hear about all your babies and how normal the hand chewing is!

I am envious of those of you who have babies who like tummy time, elfie hates it, he rolls onto his back if I put him on his tummy, he has done this since he was about 5 weeks, it isn't skill it is just he is so angry he throws himself about till he is on his back again:haha:

Elfie had his first injections yesterday, he has 2 plasters on his chubby legs now, he looked so supprised poor little thing. He seems to be doing ok, he has a slightly raised temp but nothing serious.

:flower:

oh wow i forgot all about this thread was just sat watching tv and suddenly just popped into my mind!! Its great to see how well everyones lo's are coming on.. My little man demands most of my attention and when i do get a few mins i am with my girls who i must say mother isaac he is surrounded by girls and loves it.

\Hey what do you ladies do if li naps too close to bedtime? Let them sleep or wake them an hour or so before? If u let him sleep then just push back his bedtime?

This happens a lot here... she naps in the swing with white noise so if she's running too late, I turn the white noise off and turn the swing off. She usually wakes up in 5 minutes or less. If not, I'll make noise outside her room to try to wake her up.

No success in naps here... 20-30 minutes with the occasional 1-2 hr nap that happens randomly. A few weeks ago she was taking two 2 hr naps in the morning/early afternoon and she did it 4 days in a row so I was excited but she's back to her usual cat naps. I've been putting her in the crib for some of her naps but usually use the swing because it's faster (Takes about 30-40 minutes to get her in the crib,15-20 with the swing).

Back again after a few weeks!!! And once again soooo much to catch up on!

Teddie is doing really well, she kind of has a rough routine now and is very good at being moved from car seat to bed etc if she's fallen asleep in the car, I only move her as she hates the car seat with a passion unless the car is moving!!!

She chews her fingers all day long and also sucks them, I'm quite hoping she finds her thumb to suck eventually as she's quite a sucky baby and doesn't have a dummy,

She weighs a whopping 15lb 3oz now and is well out of the 0-3 clothes, such a shame as there are bits she never even got to wear :(

Sleeping at night, touch wood, like an angel, goes down anywhere between 8 and 8.30 and wakes between 7 and 8, I'm extremely lucky and can only hope that once the teething starts the sleep doesn't get affected,

Ill try to come on a bit more often as its so hard to catch up on everything, wishing you all well with your gorgeous bubbas xx

Kelly, Rosa's also not going down for daytime naps as often as she has been -- unless she's crying from her teeth, then she'll zonk out. Still she heads off to bed at 6 or 6.30. If she starts to nod off before 5 or so, I try to keep her awake with a bath and massage interspersed with cool washcloth rubdowns. The only thing that she will tolerate when she's tired!

Rosa is enjoying chomping on cool, not freezing, cloths thank goodness, but we have to hold them to her mouth for her. A few people have suggested breast milk popsicles, or cubes. Doesn't the milk separate when you freeze it though?

Rosa was doing tummy time the other day, and learned how to roll over. Just from her tummy to her back but still she surprised us!! She did it in both directions a few times so I know it wasn't a fluke!

Samj, sending loads of thoughts your way :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->