***December Snowflakes 2012 Parenting***

Aww, I can imagine it must be so hard to leave your babies at daycare. Good luck with the transition hun.

HoneyBee- She's a doll! What a cutie pie. :)

Carter is four months old today! I did his four month photo session today so will share some pics soon as I edit them.

Carter definitely watches us eat with interest but I think he's not ready to try any food yet. I'm planning on waiting until six months or until I notice signs that he's ready to eat some foods. I think I'm going to try avocado for his first food. I hear it's good to start with.

Oh, and I think we are just having one kid. At least for now that's what we say. I just can't imagine caring for two financially and energy wise. I'm so tired still it's hard to think about. We may change our minds but I think it will be a large age gap for us. Carter has tons of cousins though and two are close in age to him. We see them just about every day so he won't be like an only child really. I'm still trying to forget how awful the 9 months of puking and aching back during pregnancy, 22 hours of labor, three days in the hospital, three weeks of healing stitches down there, three weeks of hell trying to get the hang of breastfeeding, two months of insomnia, and severe ppd was. lol

Just got back from the HV - as much use as a chocolate teapot. Ava has actually lost weight over the last two weeks. She did have a 24 hour bug but has definitely made up for it since (she fed every 2 hours last night and has fed hourly today. Last night she was feeding for 90 mins before bed??!!) so I don't think that explains it. We talked about weaning and her response was that she wasn't worried, even though Ava has dropped her centile (albeit 91st to 75th) and said if she was feeding that often she must need it. She said that it's my choice when/how to wean but that Ava is likely to demand it sooner rather than later..... I'm going to do some reading. Jules - we are advised to wean at 6/12 here in the UK, unless there is a reason to do it earlier, and even then not before 17 weeks.

Purevida - I think we might be TTC sooner rather than later. There are a number of reasons - my age being the major one (I'm 35) but also I like the idea of my kids being close in age. There's 14 months between my brother and I - we loved it growing up. If I was younger - I reckon a 2 year gap is nice.

Scooby - that's so sad about your brother. I can't even imagine what it must be like to lose a sibling :hugs:

As for weaning/ beginning solids I think it differs from child to child. Some seem to eat a lot and need it sooner, some do not. Cait doesn't seem to need it but she does seem interested. I will be trying whenever I feel that I am ready and, more importantly, she is ready. I'll start with rice cereal first and work my way through the fruits and vegetables. The doctor here will usually give the go ahead after 4 months if we think they need it. She will also be 4 months on the 9th. Slow and steady of course, not too much to start.

I'm not EBF and she only gets a bit of breast milk so I'm not sure why AF has not made an appearance for me. I'm wondering if I'm not going to have trouble ovulating again like I did when I stopped BC. I'm not too worried yet, especially because we aren't ttc at the moment. After I stop breast feeding completely I will see what happens. I see the gyno again on the 23rd so I'll ask. I'd also love to start exercising and dieting again but I'm having difficulty finding time. I'm so tired and I'm lucky I get to sit down for 10 minutes and type here. Hopefully I will find the time soon! Cait and I need a better schedule.:dohh:

Hope you are all well!

Cute pics everyone:flower:

Honey.Bee what gorgeous photos :) Ava is such a cutie! Sorry your HV was useless... they really can be hit & miss. It seems Ava is catching up after her poorly spell so just continue to watch her growth and I'm sure she'll be back on track in no time. I don't think you'll have any troubles BLW either hun, just keep looking out for the signs that she's ready and take it from there :)

Scooby big hugs hun :hugs: thinking of you x

I was looking back at Millie's newborn pics earlier and can't believe the difference 18 weeks make! It seems like we've had her forever but the labour and bringing her home feels like only yesterday :wacko: hard to explain! I don't remember her being the tiny newborn though which is odd - I just remember her as she is now, as if she's always looked this way and been this size :lol:

https://i1129.photobucket.com/albums/m503/laurynp86/7329A0CB-745F-439B-9CA2-630E2967853A-1476-0000012C5A7CA981_zps8416cee8.jpg

ttclolly - I know what you mean! It's amazing how much has changed in so little time. It's like, it has flown by in one sense and in another I can't imagine life without her. When I look back on her pictures in the hospital its like it was so long ago.

PS - That picture of her with the finger in mouth is sooooo adorable!!

Just got back from the HV - as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Ha, the last time I heard someone use that phrase was back when I lived in England (over ten years ago!) Made me chuckle. That's odd about your LO's weight loss despite ravenous eating, luckily though we (december mummies) are getting closer and closer to the age where we can start weaning if we have to. Hang in there!

Also, I can't believe the picture in which she's standing assisted! No way my LO can do that, she'd buckle before I could even take the shot. What a big girl! :)

On the topic of exercise and not having time: why not exercise with baby?
A couple of these I can't do until she's a little bit older, but she loves when I do the push-ups, plank, stretches, lunges and lifts :) It's just playtime with some much appreciated calorie burning hehe.

Thanks Lolly - I'll get her weighed again in 2/52 and see if she's picked up. Love Millie's latest photos too. She's looking more like you. Definitely got your eyes, I think x

Coco - yes, it's wierd - Ava loves to stand (with me helping her, of course). Infact, she sometimes shouts until she's allowed to do it! That said she doesn't do half the things she's supposed to - she's still reluctant to be on her tummy (I have to catch her in a good mood!) and she isn't showing much interest in rolling either. They're all different, I guess? Thanks for the exercise link too.

Ok, I edited some of Carter photos I took today and posted them up on my blog. Here is the link to see them all and a few of my favorites are down below. https://kellymirandaphotography.com/blog/?p=1304

Sorry they are so huge but my browser resizes them for me so hopefully yours does too.

https://i49.tinypic.com/23lms9.jpg
https://i45.tinypic.com/ffd0qt.jpg
https://i50.tinypic.com/1zduq6g.jpg
https://i45.tinypic.com/2ykgnxi.jpg

Oh sigh isn't he just adorable!?! Those photos are brilliant - I love the tie and lipstick kisses :lol:

KellyM- Adorable!!! You are so talented!!

puravida - Love bunny Maya <3 Hope you're ok today...daycare must be hard :( Hubby wants 3 kids but who knows when we'll try again.

you all have such adorable babies!

Wonderful photography KellyM, absolutely gorgeous! With the lipstick pictures - did you find it hard to clean off afterwards? Because I've been wanting to a "kissed all over" type picture with LO, but am worried about using makeup.

Honey.Bee - Meh, mine's not that interested in rolling either and just barely tolerates tummy time. Does yours try to crawl/kick out her feet when on her tummy and get frustrated when she gets nowhere? I started putting the palms of my hands on the soles of her feet when she's on her tummy for her to push against me and she gets moving around, keeps her happy hehe.

Thanks girls! It was kind of hard to get off of his belly but it did come off his cheeks more easily for some reason. I just took it off with a baby wipe.

Hi ladies! Happy belated easter to all!

Bean - good luck with the travels back.

Scooby - thinking of you and sending you :hugs:

Everyone - lovely photos! Kelly, any ideas for unique girl baby poses? Love your portfolio too!

Reading back in the links, there are a few things I jotted down to add...

Bottle types - I express to have a bottle ready in case I want an extra glass of wine with DH, and Rosa takes them without fussiness. DH gives them to her so she doesn't fuss wanting a breast...we use Avent natural (still nipple size 1) and she's liked them from the start. No issues with gas as well.

Baby number 2...I would love to try sooner than later as I am 35 but I think I am supposed to wait one year after an emergency c-section...is that right? It took us a while to conceive and I haven't gotten my period back yet, but am ebf so perhaps it will take a while for me.

Rosa's lost alot of hair on the back of her head. Is this normal? Its obvious because she just has so MUCH hair everywhere else!

She hates lying on her back on her activity mat now, unless one of us is sitting with her. Makes getting things done a bit more tricky! She doesn't fuss through tummy time but she doesn't relax either, always looking around, pushing herself up and really trying to kick her legs in a crawling pattern.

She also sweats like heck when bf...anyone else have that issue? She comes off looking like she's just had a bath, and since we have a/c on all the time I have to try to dry her hair before putting her in her bouncy chair to nap during the day. At night it's not as bad.

Regarding expressing, I can only do it in the mornings. In the afternoons or evenings, I really get nil, as when I pump I never feel my letdown. It's depressing as takes me time to stock up -- particularly these days when she feeds more in the morning and I don't have anything left to spare... Perhaps I should try oatmeal! I can't get supplements here that aren't guaranteed to be authentic...

A few photos...just to join the club!!

Attachments

• bunny 1.jpg
    bunny 1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 3
  • buongiorno.JPG
    buongiorno.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 3
oh man we didn't take any easter pics... I feel left out lol. Here's a pic from yesterday... I call it "facebook".

Attachments

• 65384_10100503589823856_889972817_n.jpg
    65384_10100503589823856_889972817_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4
day2 of pumping....pumping sucks!. I've been pumping my one full boob in the morning and then pumping after most feeds (and basically getting nothing). Add a distracted baby who likes to turn her head while latched to the equation and you get a cranky mommy with super sore nips. Funnnn. On the plus side though I already see some results...LO seems more satisfied after feeds. I'm going to continue with the oatmeal, up my protein intake, add some flax seed to my diet, either take the fenugreek pills or try the tea... Hopefully this will help! I want a happy full baby and some freezer milk!

Camden has been super sweaty while nursing also the past few days since its gotten warm out. Her hair ends up all yucky and stuck out crazy even if I've just washed it. I've tried putting a burp rag or receiving blanket between my skin and hers, and I think it helps a little.

Tomorrow is our hip ultrasound appt, wish us luck!!

Good luck, scooby!!

Expat, rosa is so cute! she has so much hair! I'll bet that bald spot is quite noticeable. Gabby also has a giant bald spot on the back of her head, and she is starting to lose it on the sides too, where she rubs her head on the mattress when she looks from side to side. starting to look like an old man with the ring of hair on the bottom only! But i still think its adorable, even if its proabably funny looking to everyone else :)

Kelly, great pics! I take it you do this for a living?

Sigh, cute pic, and happy that your supply seems to be up, even if you aren't getting more when pumping, satisfied baby = a very good thing!

I don't have any problems with a sweaty baby, but its not yet warm over here. my house still doesn't get above 70 except for first thing in the morning when the radiators turn on and gabbys room ends up around 73 from that initial surge of heat.

G got so many cute summer clothes for easter. can't wait for the weather to warm up!! Come on, sun!!

I'm so upset right now... the issue of supplementing came up again today. OH's family keeps telling him I need to supplement her, that it's not normal for her to be feeding every 3 hours, that she should be going 4 at least. They say "make her give the supplement just to try it out and if LO lasts 4 hours then it's proof her breastmilk is weak" OH brought this up to me today, because another girl in the family with a baby the same age (she was feeding hourly) decided to start supplementing and now her baby lasts longer.

I got really angry since we'd been through this before, I told him plenty of mothers with babies her age still aren't STTN (which is totally normal) and ours goes 9+ hours without waking hungry so I am happy to feed her as many times as she needs during the day. It turned into this really heated argument where I got called a bad mother for not "caring" and OH has gone out to buy a scale to weigh her and says if she's underweight then it'll be on me.

Now I feel like the worlds worst mum and that maybe they're right and I'm just too proud or something to realize it. Of course if she's not gaining the weight then I will be more than happy to do everything in my power to get her on track and the fact that everyone acts like I'm not doing my full part just hurts me so bad. Even her pediatrician says she is gaining weight just fine and isn't concerned (although her last weigh in was a month ago) I'm sorry if it seems like I'm rambling, I'm fighting tears to be honest. Now I'm just filled with self-doubt - as if I didn't already have enough of that already. :cry:

Edit: Good luck scooby! Also, adorable pictures ladies. I love the bunny ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->