December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

:hugs: oh ziggy that must have been scary, i am glad that everything is ok now. hehe your baby looks like a gummy bear =)

Thanks pathos :hugs: kind of feels like a bad dream now. Bizarre. Had no spotting at all since Thurs morning, so taking that as a positive sign. Had a little listen to the heartbeat this morning too.

Next scan is a week Monday. Not too far away....! Hoping there's no clot there by then!!

Not feeling very positive. It is at this stage I lost my last baby and next week is when it should have been born. I have my scan on Tuesday but just not feeling positive at all at the moment

Not feeling very positive. It is at this stage I lost my last baby and next week is when it should have been born. I have my scan on Tuesday but just not feeling positive at all at the moment

Massive, massive hugs :hugs:

Vicky I hear a lot of ladies say something similar and get very down around this time. I'm so sorry hun. I know it's hard, but try to stay positive hun. Just think good thoughts and how you'll go in and see your little bean. PMA for you hun!

Vicky I'm right with you. My scan is also on tues and I'm simultaneously looking forward to it and dreading it. But I keep telling myself the chances of it happening again must be fairly slim?

Ziggie so sorry about your scare, I was so nervous reading your post, so glad everything ended up ok.

Vicky, I'm sorry you're feeling down, everything will be fine this time, you'll see :)

Today I'm having this weird pain. It's not sharp, so it's probably not RLP. It's just on my left side, and it has been there for several hours now. At least since 10am. It's almost like a recurrent dull stretchy pain really near my pubic area (on my left side, so it's near my hip as well). It doesn't hurt that much, it's more uncomfortable than painful. It doesn't change if I change position or if I cough. It comes and goes constantly, every 3 minutes or so. I do have scoliosis, and it usually affects my left side, so I'm not sure it's related to that. I don't know if I should call the midwife, mainly because she's going to tell me to take paracetamol, but I'm pretty sure paracetamol won't do anything because it's not the kind of pain that paracetamol can heal (because it's not really a pain). What should I do?

Also, I finally found out I'm experiencing pregnancy rhinitis, that's why it's so hard for me to breathe and I sneeze all the time, and I cry from one eye all the time lol so I went to my gp and told her that every once in a while I use sinex nasal spray, and I took it with me for her to see. At the time I showed her (last week) I had only used it 3 times for the last 2 months and a half. She told me that it was ok, the only reason they say to talk to your gp is because it wasn't tested on pregnant women, at least not enough to make a solid study. During the last few days my noose got completely blocked (as in completely! like, I would drink water and almost drown while drinking. Every time I swallow saliva, I block my ears too, that's how blocked my noose has been. So I've used it 2 other times (the sinex). Today I went to the chemist and bought a saline spray, vicks vaporrub and the sinex spray (just in case nothing else works). I felt so incredibly judged by the pharmacists! One of them didn't want to sell me the sinex spray, and called the other one to serve me! And the other one told me she couldn't sell me the sinex spray because they can't sell that to pregnant woman (and I was thinking to myself that they only knew I'm pregnant because I told them). She only sold me the spray after I told her that my gp told me it was ok, and the raised her eyebrow and told her colleague with a condescending tone "well...if the gp tells people this is ok, what are we going to do?". I felt really bad and I really don't think she had the right to do that. It's not like I'm buying it to use it non-stop. I bought everything else too. I explained her that. I told her I'm only using sinex spray if nothing works and I can't sleep. It's not like I went out to have a drink. I also have asthma, which makes me really scared of not being able to breathe. I'm just upset with everything.

Mafi, that actually does sound like round ligament pain to me, and I say that because that exactly how it happened to me with my son. It lasted all day and actually got worse as the day went on and because it was so consistent I got scared and called the on call...twice. The second time cause it was so bad they sent me to the ER. He diagnosed me with severe round ligament pain. It got worse before it got better, but it did remain throughout the rest of my pregnancy. It was on my right side and my son actually settled on that side and never moved until he was born. I also have a fibroid on that side which didn't help. Hopefully yours won't be as bad, but if you're concerned at all call your doctor.

I have no idea! I'm like clockwork! I do fall back asleep after an hour or so... but still having crazy dreams (last night involved floods and a city and someone knocked someone over with a bin lorry but we think they were already dead)!

Got the Doppler out for OH to listen this morning and said we might not find it as I have an empty bladder etc. Found the little chugging train thump immediately <3 so cool. Not sure if it reassures me or makes me worry for my little life more! Deffo makes me love it :D

I suppose I would fall asleep again, but usually by that time C is starting to wake anyway.

Lovely to hear the heart beat!

Tonight we're going to friends house for dinner, with a vegas theme! The in-laws are taking C overnight so I might get a better lie in tomorrow.

We're also going to have to tell the friends that I'm pregnant - they'll guess anyway as soon as I say no to wine! (Apparently there's going to be cocktails also :-( )

But it's going to be lots of fun anyway!

There is now februrary babies thread :happydance:, whoo whoo time has finally started move a bit faster.

I was at ikea- ikea has new baby stuff i.e. play mat, gym mat, mobile, toys etc. :happydance::happydance: It was very difficult not to buy something.

I started buying stuff! As soon as I hit 12 weeks it was go time for me haha. I hate being under prepared for anything so I plan to be over prepared for this baby! Lol mmm I go to this crazy thrift store where they have onesies and such for 1$ and sometimes 50 cents! They're in amazing condition. No stains or anything. So I got some receiving blankets, clothes, and a bath robe for like 13$ :) sooooo excited!

That's the only downfall with having pretty much everything is that there's nothing really for us to buy. My mom is gonna be in town for ds b'day...should be here shortly...and we are gonna go look at baby furniture while she's hear. Apart from that there's really nothing else to get, and we don't even need that for another year about as the baby will be with us for the first few months.

Anyone else feeling movement yet? Still soft for me but definitely getting more frequent. I've attached my 14 week bump pic!

I threw up today for the first time in a week. :/ Everything is good otherwise.

Yoshi, blah to throwing up, but that's better than it's been, so forward movement I suppose.

Not been sick since starting these pills but they make me very sleepy. Hard work with a neatly 2 year old

Conina - how did the night go?? Did you tell your friends??

Yoshi - one puke in a week is good right?? Or is that bad??

I haven't bought anything. Daren't buy anything!!!! Will prob start after 20 week scan... I've had no more bleeds (yay!!) and very very very minimal spotting since (like tiniest bit) but I'm still a bit terrified!!!!

Told my parents this weekend as they're visiting! Also skyped my sister Friday and my brother and his wife yesterday. So they all know now!!! Kinda scary!! Everyone is made up :D makes it more real... Have my 12 week scan a week tomorrow!! Can't wait to see my little baby again! Just hope everything is ok.

Does it ever get any easier????? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->