December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Hey ladies!!

Just got back from my NT 12 week scan. Eeeeeeek!!! It was SO BIG!! It was moving like friggin crazy. Bouncing up and down up and down. Then waving it's hands and legs all about. It really showed off for daddy!!! Haha the high risk doctor came in after, and said the baby looked A+++. She said based on the scan alone, there is absolutely no signs of T18 or DS. She said we still have to wait for the blood to come back, but that often times they're false positives, and that there's no reason to worry! :)))) oh! And the cysts on the umbilical cord were GONE. Goes to show you that in the first trimester how many things change so quickly! I will post pictures later!

Right?! It actually looked more like a human, but it was hard to get a picture! Still happy with it though

Beautiful scan! So lovely that baby was active!

I'm probably paranoid but I like to recommend that everyone crops photos so your name and location don't show <3

Am I seeing things or there's a nub on the scan? If there is, and following the nub theory, I would say girl without thinking twice :haha:

Marla great pic!! congrats on the u/s baby looks great! were tey able to tell you the gender?

MAfi: whats the nub theory? the technician told us it depends on the position of pelvis and how the "nub" is aligned with the spine, if its horizontal then most likely a girl, if its sticking up, most likely a boy... EEEK! exciting!

Yeah, I thin that's it. And if the nub really is what I think it is in that scan, I would say a girl taking into account the theory :)

Horrible night :( chilled out last night. About 9.30pm went to the toilet and as I walked there felt wet down there... didn't think much of it till I sat down and saw lots and lots of blood :( tons in the bowl and I passed two HUGE clots. I shouted my partner and he ran up and we immediately called the midwives who were slightly puzzled as I had NO indication this was about to happen. She said go straight to A&E.

I didn't know what to think and we just kinda drove.... arrived and they saw me in triage and said they'd just called in the gyne doctor for another lady so she could see me (lucky or what). They took me to the gyne ward in a wheelchair :(

The doctor was SOOOO lovely. So so nice. She scanned me immediately and what do you know the baby was PERFECT and we saw the clearest scan ever. We both broke down in tears. She found an area of clotting which the bleed has come from. And she has signed me off work till my dating scan....

Relief doesn't cover it. I thought it had gone.... I've slept and there's still blood. Enough to soak a panty liner (I have no pads!! ) but not as much and no clots.

She said its not normal but it does happen. I wanted to hug that doctor so badly. She said I may bleed again but said to call the ward any time for reassurance.

Can't believe I had a scan Tues all clear and this happened weds. Trust me!!

Marla - lovely scan photo and great news about the cysts :dance:

Ziggie - glad everything was good with baby must have been so scary, get plenty of rest :hugs:

Thanks guys! My scan isn't till 9th June. Not too long. My big worry now is I'm flying to the US for 2 weeks on the 14th June. Alone! To travel!!

Any tips? Advice????

Oh my god Zig you must have been terrified!! Thank God there was someone there who could scan you immediately and be so reassuring. No advice about the US, I guess I would wait and see if things had calmed down, but I suppose it's up to you and how you feel about it :hugs:

Marla - beautiful scan!! It's so exciting that we're all getting to the scan stage. And I saw someone posting a thread about FEBRUARY babies recently - it's hard to believe that there are ladies 2 months behind us who are already pregnant (OK, I know in my case it's closer to one month and a week, but still!! :winkwink: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->