December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Welcome to all the new ladies and congrats to those who have had great scans! I'm another one with no symptoms to again think it was like this withy dd! I'm sure they hit at 6 weeks!

Ooh you symptomless ladies are lucky! I've got food aversions and a headache already, nausea to follow shortly if it's like any other pregnancy I've had lol!

No doubt, its the 22nd... Might see if I can get in a little earlier as that parl wobbles are starting to kick in at least on a daily basis.

I'm not too worried about the no symptoms thing as I'm pretty sure I was the same with my rainbow. I have to take steriods for the first trimester and have heard they mask pregnancy symptoms.

Although I have wicked heartburn tonight, I had that from first tri with ds too... All... the way.... through :sick: :haha:

Oh dan :( I am one of the very very fortunate ones when it comes to ms... I've never had it with any of my pregnancies apart from my second dd and I only had a couple of bouts of it... That was enough! I hate being/feeling sick to the point of panic :haha:

Hello new snowflake Mummies!
Hello again D - lovely to see you here. I remember your BFP last time around!
Minimal symptoms here and I'm enjoying it whilst it lasts. With dd I had horrendous MS right up until I gave birth :(
We've just come back from a week away so please forgive my delayed 'bit about me'. I'm 36 and this is #2 for me - my dd was a 2012 December snowflake and my EDD is due a day before her birthday. Oops. I work as a Children's dentist - PT now which is lovely. I'm definitely feeling more relaxed this time around. Anyone doing month by month bump photos? I'm gonna try and remember because I didn't take enough photos when I was pregnant last time round. First GP appt tomorrow but scan won't be until end of May. Sooooo long to wait! Can't wait to get the Doppler out ;)

I'm gonna do weekly bump pics most likely. The girls that stalk my journal wanted weeklies last time so I assume they'll want weeklies this go round, lol. Plus I don't know when exactly "the poo" happened last time and I think it will be cool to see the week by week and see that. I just know it was sometime around Christmas when I went from looking "is she fat or pregnant" to "definitely pregnant" lol. I can't wait to bust out the Doppler either!

Hi ladies :D sorry I have not been on in a few days I got hit with the morning sickness I did not avoid it this time like I was hoping. I was in hospital yesterday with hyperemisis on a drip and will probably be back ugh. On a brighter note I have my scan on Wednesday morning to confirm due date.
Welcome to everyone I have not talked to yet and congratulations :) x

Miss - you poor thing, Hyperemesis already!

afm I'm feeling it today :haha: I have that horrid sick to the stomach hungover feeling. I'll take it though :D so yeah... I spoke too soon :p

afm I'm feeling it today :haha: I have that horrid sick to the stomach hungover feeling. I'll take it though :D so yeah... I spoke too soon :p

Nausea has hit me today too :sick: i'm hoping its from lack of sleep last night not the norm now. I have a phobia of being sick too :cry: I'm trying the acupressure points and mint chewing gum helps until the flavour goes!

Miss - you poor thing, Hyperemesis already!

Yah each time it's happened just as I'm turning 7 weeks. So much fun (not)

Yuk hangover feelings. I hope it doesnt get too bad for you. Lets hope this 1st trimester flies!

I've heard sour things help too. I didn't try it with my first, but will probably try it this go round. Other than the couple times I've had nausea I've been ok. I feel a touch queasy now, its 5am here, so I'm hoping if I can get ready fast enough and half my banana and OJ I can knock it out before it turns into anything.

Ginger really helps my MS - I take a ginger root tablet and drink ginger tea too. I also wear the acupressure bands when I can. Big hugs to those suffering. Had my first GP appt today. Complete waste of time! She couldn't calculate my EDD (couldn't find the stupid wheel!) and then wasn't sure how to refer me to the midwife. Lucky I'm pretty chilled this time round ;)
Started researching double buggies today - any recomnendations for a 2yo plus newborn? (Getting ahead of myself, I know).

I'm not sure either Honey... I haven't really looked to be honest but I know I looove the Buggaboo Donkey. That's waaaay out of my price range though. Archie will only be 18mnths so I really do need a double, if he was a bit older I may have just kept the quinny and got him a buggy board or something.... Decisions decisions!

I've looked at the double stroller and already have one picked out. Ita a chicco, and we're going with thus because we got a chicco travel system with #1 and loved it, and the carseat is compatible with this stroller so we don't have to buy a new one. Looked in store and I love this one too from what I can tell. $300 in babies r us and amazon.

Hi girls, will you add me please? I'm due 9th or 10th dec :)

Welcome Tess :)

I have a double pram but to be honest I only used it a couple of times. Was so much easier to use a single pram and wear baby, so I will do that again this time. I can't bear to sell the double though.. If I did no doubt there will come a time where it will come in handy. :)

hi ladies!

Im due Dec 18th with my 2nd :) My first was born in June 2102 at 38 weeks via c-section. No symptoms other than sore boobs yet but my MS didn't hit til 6 weeks last time then it was horrible (vomitting 10+ times a day) up until 20 weeks then eased off to just annoying nausea for the remainder.. really hoping to avoid that this time!! :)

DH and I have been together for 13 years, married for 8 (well in May). I am a Critical Care RN and DH is a high school teacher.

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you!

I've looked online at prams etc but don't want to think about buyng one just yet....although I saw a really good travel system with Winnie the Pooh on for £230 but as thats in the UK and we are in Cyprus its off the list :cry: I can imagine buying anything like that here will be double the price!

Congratulations bug and tess and welcome :) :hugs:

Oh gregs :( that sucks. I wonder if you could find someone that would ship to you? Do you have family over here? just a thought :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->