December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Congratulations bug and tess and welcome :) :hugs:

Oh gregs :( that sucks. I wonder if you could find someone that would ship to you? Do you have family over here? just a thought :)

All of our family are in the UK, at the minute we are having the chat about what we will do about staying here or returning to the UK. I have so many things going through my head and then we still keep saying IF we have a baby :dohh:

Its so hard when you've had previous losses to get excited and plan ahead isn't it? such a shame that the first trimester nieve giddiness is ripped from us too.

Pma is the key though as hard as that is and to take each day as it comes.... That's how I try to get through anyway :hugs:

It definitely takes away the innocent excitement of getting a BFP :cry: I feel more positive this time and hopefully that keeps things ticking over :hugs:

It definitely makes a difference IMO, I've only been pregnant once before and that was dd so I can't begin to understand what you've been through. My SIL had 4 losses between her two girls because of her bicornuate uterus, and my other SIL was never able to conceive. I think I'm more tentative because of that too though. FX all of our little beans are sticky.
Are you thinking you might come back to the UK then? I'm currently working on selling the prams dd has used (she doesn't need one now) as none of them fit in my car. I couldn't drive when she was a baby.
We think we might get the icandy raspberry all being well x

It definitely makes a difference IMO, I've only been pregnant once before and that was dd so I can't begin to understand what you've been through. My SIL had 4 losses between her two girls because of her bicornuate uterus, and my other SIL was never able to conceive. I think I'm more tentative because of that too though. FX all of our little beans are sticky.
Are you thinking you might come back to the UK then? I'm currently working on selling the prams dd has used (she doesn't need one now) as none of them fit in my car. I couldn't drive when she was a baby.
We think we might get the icandy raspberry all being well x

I've been wanting to come back to the UK for about 4 years (been here 5 :haha:) I think now though we will think about it seriously. As lovely as the weather is here when you have to work its not the greatest place. I was always under the impression in countries like this they were more chilled than UK but I think its the opposite, I work 8am to 6pm ok i get 2 hour lunch but most days I work some of that and rarely leave the office before 6.30pm :sleep: with an hours drive each way its a really long day. It gets annoying when people we know who work part time or are self employed want to go out and I get called grumpy because I don't want to go as I'm knackered (at least now I have a really good excuse :haha:)

I definitely think it makes a difference. I've never had a m/c, but it took us two years to conceive ds. When we finally did I was scared out of mind something would happen because for so long I thought something was wrong and I wouldn't be able to carry. Taking it one day at a time is really the way to go.

GP is just you guys there then? It's just us here in PA, so we have to travel a minimum of 5 hours to be near any family. The pram sounds cute! Just make sure it's comfy and safe as well. That's what I'm always afraid of with stuff that may have some sort of character on it, cause it's not what they traditionally specialize in, but that's just me being weird most likely, lol.

I've been so uncomfortable from the bloat/constipation I finally broke out the belly band so I could have my pants unbuttoned and then not fall down, lol. So much better. At least this time I was able to hold off an extra week than with ds. Gotta love those hormones!

Yes its just us here, we get plenty of visits especially from my parents.

I think when we buy a pram we'll be going to the shop to test loads first and consider the price range I just love Winnie the Pooh and couldn't resist saving the link for that one :haha:

That's what we did. We looked in store first at all of them and got all the specs and what not. Then we purchased it of amazon. We actually got the upgraded model for $50 less than the model in the store. Putting it together though was a sight for us, lol. They said "just a few clicks here and there, and that's basically it." Lies, lol. It took quite a while to put it together. The jogging stroller was much easier though.

i don't think we are going to bother with a double. DS walks pretty much everywhere now anyway and hates having to sit there lol. Although having him contained might be nice when I have two to worry about!!

I'm sure ds will be walking by the time this little egg hatches as well, but that's exactly what I thought about....containment, lol.

I'm getting a lot of achiness today. My hip are aching bad and I'm have some achy type pressure in my bits. I'm pretty sure this happened around the same time with ds. The non stop water works also started up last night, so I've been back and forth to that bathroom since. I drink a lot of water anyway and now I am trying to drink more so with the pregnancy so I expect this. I'm pretty sure the achiness is from things spreading. With my son he settled into my right side nicely at around 17 weeks and stayed there through the rest of pregnancy which kind of through that side out of wack for me. It got back to normal a couple after I had him. Now I'm feeling the aching over on my right side. I feel like its too early for all this, but I guess like they say each pregnancy is different and you never know how things will go.

Can I play? :D After 10 months we got our first BFP today. Estimated due date is 21st December! My cycles are usually about 31 days so if you use that maths I'm really due around 24th December!!!!!! :dohh:

I've always said I never wanted a Christmas baby!!!! Already decided it's going to have a summer celebration :D It's slowly sinking in. I'm not going to feel really confident till it's a few more weeks along I don't think.

Symptoms have been major cold like symptoms, now just snuffly nose. And a really weird rash!! All over my arms and face :nope:

My main concern at the moment is how to avoid alcohol when I visit my family without people working it out :wacko:

Welcome Ziggie! My dd is a December snowflake and do you know it was actually quite magical. Whilst I was in labour I could see the snow falling softly outside and now every time it snows I get quite emotional. As we left hospital the Salvation Army were playing carols and I was a teary hormonal wreck! We brought her home and DH had put the tree up so she lay gazing at the lights. Such happy memories :) Plus, by the time you are feeling human it is starting to reach spring and then you have a lovely summer ahead together.

As for the drinking - guess it depends how often you will see them. If it's just a one off you could say you are on antibiotics where alcohol is contraindicated, if you see them more regularly - a health kick like dry January but dry April?

Welcome Ziggie! My dd is a December snowflake and do you know it was actually quite magical. Whilst I was in labour I could see the snow falling softly outside and now every time it snows I get quite emotional. As we left hospital the Salvation Army were playing carols and I was a teary hormonal wreck! We brought her home and DH had put the tree up so she lay gazing at the lights. Such happy memories :) Plus, by the time you are feeling human it is starting to reach spring and then you have a lovely summer ahead together.

As for the drinking - guess it depends how often you will see them. If it's just a one off you could say you are on antibiotics where alcohol is contraindicated, if you see them more regularly - a health kick like dry January but dry April?

Ooh you have painted a really nice scene there...... And I DO love Christmas.... :xmas12:

It's a one off, as they live a few hours away. I'm thinking antibiotics too. Now what could be wrong with me?!

Welcome and congrats zig!

You did paint a nice picture the honey, and it made me a little emotional just thinking about it and when my little egg hatches!

Zig you could also do the faux sip. I had a friend that kind of just carried a glass and would put if to her lips every so often so people thought she was drinking. And every so often her hubbs say "honey let me sip your wine" so it would go down. That's one way, then you don't have to come up with an illness.

Hi ! Edd dec 4th ! Pregnant with first after ttc for three years !!

So is waking up and being wide awake in the night a thing? Because I'm on night 3 of it so far :)

Hi may i join you? I got my bfp yesterday and my baby will be due on the 26th December :) cx

:wave; to all the new ladies and congrats!

Oh Honey that sounds lovely with the snow falling, snow is one of my favourite things about Christmas time and why I don't like being in Cyprus!

Ziggie - i believe that insomnia is a common symptom :dohh:

Went for my follow up scan yesterday saw our little bean and heard the heartbeat. The doctor told us things look very good so our next appointment will be at 10 weeks 3 days :happydance: OH is now stressing about whether we should tell our parents or not. I'm trying to keep the PMA but he's worried in case anything does go wrong (i guess miscarriage affects men a lot more than we think too :cry:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->