December Snowflakes 2014 ***Come and join!!***

Hi to all the new ladies. I'm on my phone at the moment as we have no internet so finding it hard to reply properly!

I'm still symptom free - not that I want m/s but I think it would help re-assure me! We are telling my parents this weekend.

Moose - congratulations! how wonderful <3

Ziggy - Yup I get that too, I'm ok so long as nothing wakes me up but if I get woken that's it I'm wide awake. I used to just get up but having the kids off school and a 9 month old its not a great idea so I force myself to go back to sleep... it can take HOURS though!

Gregs - amazing news hun :hugs: it really does effect them the same as it does us! When I told dh this time he kinda had a little meltdown... Even though we were ttc so he knew it was going to happen. I think those feelings took him by surprise a little :(

With regards to telling people, I've never really kept it a complete secret as I couldn't think of anything worse than going through that without the support of those closest to me. I also need a voice of reason when I'm having wobbles and my bf is the best for that :)

Men are sensitive creatures really despite all their protests that they aren't :haha: I'm sure we'll decide on something soon I think realistically he would want his mum's support if something did go wrong.

Re telling people, most of our friends we see in person know as they either guessed or we've known early on with their children. They're only the people who we would tell anyone like family and our closest friends. DH's parents are having DD while we have our scan next week and I'm at a spa this weekend with MIL and both SILs so couldn't realistically hide it.

Hello and congrats to new comers...
Oh hoey.bee I loved your description <3

I still have no symptoms, and it sometimes worries me.

Any ex smokers?:blush: I quit the day I got my bfp:blush: I am doing fine so far but a buddy or two would be great.

Welcome sailorsgirl!

Fabulous news Moose - over the moon for you :)

Ziggie - yep that's a sign for sure. I woke up for 2 nighttime wees last night! I am going to get my dream genii pillow out soon. It really helped last time around. How about a dental or chest infection?

Gregs - lovely news about your scan. Can't wait for mine. Nothing better than seeing that little one bouncing all over the place ;)

AFM - MS well and truly kicked in now plus 1st tri tiredness. I'm going to hold off telling anyone for as long as possible. I have told my bro but that's all. We'll see - I may change my mind in a few weeks. Oh UK ladies - pregnacare plus currently 50% off in superdrug x

Welcome and congrats moose and sailors!

Zig, yes insomnia is a symptom. I had bad in third tri with my son. Hoping that's different this gk round.

GP, I didn't realize how much it affected men either until me and the hubbs talked after ds was born. Considering it took us two years with him and he was always trying to be strong for me. Later it all came our how he felt. So yeah it does affect them too.

AFM...I'm scared to say it but the ms has been pretty kind to me. Just the few days, but other than that I'm ok. I have been having achy hips and I'm pretty sure my fibroid is pushing against maybe my pelvic bone as things grow and spread. I had this with ds, but not until much later. The doc said they grow with the pregnancy as they feed off the hormones as well, so maybe its just growing faster this time? I don't know, but yesterday whenever I would step it hurt. I got some rest and pretty much stayed off of it when I got home and that seems to have helped a bit so I'll just try to do minimal walking at work today. Hopefully my body will adjust to it soon.

We won't be telling anyone. I just feel its so early I don't want to get too excited, just in case.... Ever the optimist :D

Still have this rash across my face! You can't really see it (I can) but I can certainly feel it!! Its tight and itchy and feels dry. Hopefully got docs appt tomorrow to get the ball rolling so will ask him.

I think men are just as soft! Mines gone from not fussed about kids, to wanting them, to really wanting them to already picking out a buggy and car seat!!!! Only got bfp yesterday :D

Better him on the ball Ziggie. With ds I did everything and then one day my hubbs sat back and said I'm really glad we don't have to worry about this or that. Our godson was born a few months before ds and when she was 38 weeks they were still needing bedding, furniture, travel system, etc. So hubbs was glad we didn't have to worry about anything in 3rs tri. I just looked at him and said "I already worried about that stuff doe the past 6 months...that why WE don't have to worry about it now." Lol, my hubbs is so gone sometimes.

I literally had the furniture by the end of first tri and the rest of the room stuff shortly after. Next came the travel system. Next some clothes seeing how they were cheap cause they were out of season. I did it in a way where I wasn't having to shell out $5 grand at once for everything. The shower helped, and then in month 7 we did one big final shop for the rest of everything that we hadn't bought or received as a gift. I said I just wanted to be big and fat and lazy that last month, lol. And that's exactly what I did.

I had pretty much everything sorted by third tri with Ds too... My hubby is the same ND... EVERYTHING is left to me, our wedding I organised in 8 weeks he didn't lift a finger or have an opinion about anything... Christmas is the same :haha: I just suck it up tbh.

Afm... I'm having a wobble :( I'm really crampy and its taken me by surprise as it doesn't feel like the usual first tri cramping, it feels much much worse! I'll see how I go tonight and if it's still there in the morning I'll phone epu. I'm sure it will pass... I hope so!

BD I have had a huge wobble today I woke with nigggley left sided pain so rung epau and I'm going for a scan in the morning. I've had an ectopic so need to rule that out! I hope the pain passes and it's just everything stretching!

Wow that's organised :D

I have OCD, so nothing slips from my grasp for too long, lol. We started painting the nursery before I was even pregnant cause we'd recently purchased our home and whoever was there painted it hideously. We knew we wanted kids so figured, let's go ahead and paint how we want it. We hadn't finished when I fell preggo...laziness. So hubbs had to finish that. When I asked him when he'd be done he said "hopefully by the time the baby is here", and was dead serious, lol. I just said "yeah...you'll have that done in a few weeks." And then I went and bought the furniture, lol.

Fingers crossed that's all it is... Or a bad dose of wind :haha:

That's good that they got you in tomorrow, I'm not sure they will have space for me tomorrow what with it being a bank holiday. I need to try and get a Dr's appointment tomorrow too, I just realised I only have a few days left on my steriods so I need a script tomorrow! I just hope I can get one, if not I'm not sure what will happen :wacko:

I had pretty much everything sorted by third tri with Ds too... My hubby is the same ND... EVERYTHING is left to me, our wedding I organised in 8 weeks he didn't lift a finger or have an opinion about anything... Christmas is the same :haha: I just suck it up tbh.

Afm... I'm having a wobble :( I'm really crampy and its taken me by surprise as it doesn't feel like the usual first tri cramping, it feels much much worse! I'll see how I go tonight and if it's still there in the morning I'll phone epu. I'm sure it will pass... I hope so!

BD I have had a huge wobble today I woke with nigggley left sided pain so rung epau and I'm going for a scan in the morning. I've had an ectopic so need to rule that out! I hope the pain passes and it's just everything stretching!

I hope you ladies both feel better soon. It's no fun having pains and what not, especially now when you've yet to see your beans and really don't know what's going on.

Hope everything is ok with you guys Cazi and BD - I'm sure it all will be but completely see why you want to be checked :hugs:

Thanks everyone.

I hope they can fit you in BD it's long weekend for you to be worrying x

Is it bank holiday in UK as well tomorrow then? we only get good Friday and Easter Monday here

Great news on your scan Gregs!!!

Good luck to you both cazi and BeautifulD! I hope you both get your scans tomorrow and everything looks great!

I had my first Drs appt yest-- wanted me to do betas due to my history but by the time I finally got out of the office (he was running over an hour behind) all the labs were closed. I went this am and am nervously awaiting the results.. I am supposed to go back in 48 hours but there are no labs open on Friday so it will have to be Sat so hoping for a big jump then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->