**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Tweeks, not as severe but my body makes antibodies against my babies because of blood group incompatibility (abo incompatability/ abo HDN). It's hard to see my babies under the lights and jaundiced because it was, technically, my body attacking them.
At the same time I understand that it isn't my fault and if I had any choice in the matter I obviously would protect my baby. Just because the antibodies come from me doesn't make it my fault. Nobody is to blame. I really hope that your care team is stellar and I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to make sure your baby arrives safely. Thinking of you.

helllo girls, iam due my 5th on the 8th dec, but will be having her 17th nov. how is everyone doing? xxxx

Tweeks would it be worth while getting in touch with a nanny to see if they would be willing to be on standby for you?

Jessica's mummy rather than your kids potentially going elsewhere for Christmas would it not be easier to have somebody baby sit them in your house.

My plan is to host Christmas meaning DS is in our house with my parents and sister. Mum, sis and teenage niece will help with food. I'm planning on buying from M&S so all prepared. Means if I have a newborn I ain't leaving the house and if I need to go to hospital at any point DS still gets his presents delivered as normal.

Tweeks, not as severe but my body makes antibodies against my babies because of blood group incompatibility (abo incompatability/ abo HDN). It's hard to see my babies under the lights and jaundiced because it was, technically, my body attacking them.
At the same time I understand that it isn't my fault and if I had any choice in the matter I obviously would protect my baby. Just because the antibodies come from me doesn't make it my fault. Nobody is to blame. I really hope that your care team is stellar and I'm sure they'll do everything in their power to make sure your baby arrives safely. Thinking of you.
:hugs: Phototherapy was mentioned too. What you've been through sounds similar to what the midwife is preparing me for. I have lots of questions for the Maternal foetal medicine doctor, it's just a wait to see them because before that they need to do more tests to get a clearer picture. We have decided though, my partner and I that we won't be having any more children after this.

:hugs: Phototherapy was mentioned too. What you've been through sounds similar to what the midwife is preparing me for. I have lots of questions for the Maternal foetal medicine doctor, it's just a wait to see them because before that they need to do more tests to get a clearer picture. We have decided though, my partner and I that we won't be having any more children after this.

Difficult decision. With abo HDN it does not get more severe with each pregnancy, unlike rh, so we've never faced that aspect. Each time it is an independent risk though and we never know how severe it's going to be. Honestly though, I am thinking of you!

Sapphire, my bellybutton is half popped right now too. It didn't pop last pregnancy but it's seeming like this time, it most likely will pop all the way!

Tweeks, it sounds like you and baby boy will be under great care. :hugs: I hope for only the best for you guys.

Sapphire, my bellybutton is half popped right now too. It didn't pop last pregnancy but it's seeming like this time, it most likely will pop all the way!

Tweeks, it sounds like you and baby boy will be under great care. :hugs: I hope for only the best for you guys.

I'm scared bubbles. Everything I've read is either it's not as severe or its life threatening. I wish I knew more information. :hugs:

Tommyg: No because family go out for their dinner any way (already paid for well in advance) and my parents house is close to the hospital and we live 11+ miles away, be easier for dd2 to be at my parents so that if needed my hubby could fetch/get to her quicker.

Tweeks, I'm so sorry you got worrying news and you don't have more information yet to work with, but I also read that once they catch it they can do a good job of preventing damage done. And it's not your fault although I can understand why you're angry with your body.

Tweeks, I'm so sorry you got worrying news and you don't have more information yet to work with, but I also read that once they catch it they can do a good job of preventing damage done. And it's not your fault although I can understand why you're angry with your body.

:hugs:
I'm hoping that because I've insisted on blood tests for cholestasis and they've managed to pick it up earlier than if I'd waited that goes in my favour. Imagine if I had waited.

I just don't like how slow they seem to be going and the fact that Torben has been quieter is making me worry. I know they don't take concerns about foetal movement until 28 weeks though. Been crying on and off all day.

Tweeks, I'm sure if you have concerns about movement they would see you and check all is ok. I would call them for reassurance and see if they can set something up. You've probably just had an active day so baby isn't moving as much but if you're worried they should listen to you. It's not fair for you to sit at home and stress about it.

Tweeks, I'm sure if you have concerns about movement they would see you and check all is ok. I would call them for reassurance and see if they can set something up. You've probably just had an active day so baby isn't moving as much but if you're worried they should listen to you. It's not fair for you to sit at home and stress about it.

I was made to feel like I was wasting midwife time the other week by the community midwife asking for a blood test for cholestasis and it turns out I've probably done myself the biggest favour.

It's always the way, I say he's quiet and then he has a good couple of kicks. Something is telling me I'm going to have my hands full with this one. :/

I was made to feel like I was wasting midwife time the other week by the community midwife asking for a blood test for cholestasis and it turns out I've probably done myself the biggest favour.

It's always the way, I say he's quiet and then he has a good couple of kicks. Something is telling me I'm going to have my hands full with this one. :/

Don't let them make you feel uncomfortable, i always trust mums instinct!

Oh, Tweeks I just read a study on HDN and delayed cord clamping helping to reduce things like possible transfusion, etc. Might want to look it up!!

I would definitely call in and get checked if you haven't noticed many movements, although I am sure all is ok - I can go all day without noticing many movements, and then by the time I start worrying I start to notice her and she kicks me all evening!

When I was pregnant with DS he was always head down so I could feel and see the kicks at the top of my belly. This one is bum down at the moment so she mainly kicks very low and often on my cervix/bladder which can be uncomfortable. I also notice more subtle movements rather than big ones at the moment.

Is anyone else's baby breach at the moment? The midwife said I don't need to worry as there's still time for her to turn, but I don't think she ever really turns head down as I always feel the movements very low.

Ugh sorry to moan ladies but my back and hips are super painful, yesterday I just could not get comfortable even after a bath. I called the midwife for advice today and she said it sounds like SPD and I need a doctors appointment ASAP to get an urgent physio referral. Really sucks, from the bit of reading I've done once it starts it doesn't really go away and I'll have to deal with this for the rest of the pregnancy. Have any of you been affected by this? If that is the problem I'll have to see occupational health as it will definitely affect my work. Blah! I'm generally feeling that pretty good and feel so lucky to be having a healthy baby but I'm feeling a little sorry for myself that my pain-free time seems to be ending abpruptly.

rose: my baby can be the same some days I won't really feel any movements then I'm concerned to then have him later very active.
Baby was breech at 20 weeks scan but I haven't been told since, I have my next scan on 30th September so will see then. Dd2 was breech so that's why had a c-section, she never once went down.

Has any of you ladies ever experienced wheezing in pregnancy? I've noticed it for the last couple of days, I haven't got a cough though but when I take deep breaths you can hear wheezing.

My bubs keeps going from breech to transverse (across), there's still plenty of time for them to turn xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->