**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Sorry you're still uncomfortable, Grace, but good news you're not going into labour. I hope it eases soon.

Going to try to work on my birth plan tonight. Start it anyway. Wish me luck.

Ps. It is almost 10pm and my 17 month old just passed out. Give me strength. Haha.

Good luck with the birth plan.

Last time round I hadn't written mine until the word induction was mentioned. I was absolutely shitting myself. I ended up writing it in the middle of the night because I couldn't sleep for worry. Basically I wrote it making it impossible for them to induce. And broke the pen underlining "no drip". The next pen I found was pink ink so water birth was scribbled on and circled in bright pink.

MW came across it recently as I'd forgotten about the pink bit. Lol.

Tommyg: Thanks. I'm putting being out of breath due to me being overweight and unfit, the wheezing seemed to be at times I wasn't doing anything and not out of breath just normal breathing, I thankfully haven't noticed it in last day or so, so fx that's it with it, if continued would definitely see gp.

Genevevex: cute bump :) I've got my gestational diabetes test in the morning, not looking forward to it, 2 and half hours wait in hospital. Good luck with yours next week.

Grace: Glad you are OK :)

I've never written a birth plan, I just think will just make it clear to them that I'll refuse to be induced if I end up going down the natural birth route.

Jessicasmum - I have my gestational diabetes test in a few weeks but they've given me a bottle of lucozade to take first thing, then I just arrive at the hospital 2 hours later for the blood test - that sounds really boring having to wait at hospital. it's strange how different hospitals do different things. At least you can take a good book anyway :) - hope the results are ok and the wheezing stays away.

Thank you Laura, it is strange that different areas do the test differently, not great have my toddler with me so not much fun for her the waiting. I'm hoping I get a clear test like I did with dd2 but I do worry with my family history of diabetes and gestational diabetes. Yes I'm making sure my mobile fully charged and take the book I'm reading.
Oh and good luck with your test also in a few weeks :)

Thanks - I just noticed your toddler is pretty much the same age as mine - mine is 2 this month! I can imagine it's not going to be fun waiting with a toddler but hopefully there will be a play area!

Yeah I noticed that before that only couple weeks between our 2 little ones. Her 2nd birthday is next Thursday. No they have removed the little play area in the waiting room now, I remember it there when I was pregnant with dd2 but it's the first thing I noticed that had changed this time, not sure why they have removed it.

Thank you Laura, think we will just go out for tea on her birthday once eldest is home from high school, think will leave going somewhere like the zoo or farm until next year when hopefully she'll take a bit more interest.

Gestational diabetes test done, we got there early but only waited in the waiting room for 20 minutes, I was the first one seen as the 2 called out before me wasn't there yet, had blood test then sugary drink and we waited 2 hours outside sat at a bench apart from a little walking about, dd2 was very good, shes better when outside waiting but not happy with waiting rooms. I have to phone after 4pm today to find out my results, so fx.

That's good you got to wait outside. Definitely easier than a waiting room with a toddler! Hope the results are clear!

Thanks Laura, phoned after 4pm yesterday to be told that I needed to phone after 10am today, so phoned this morning and my test was clear, so really pleased I didn't follow in both my sisters footsteps as they both had gestational diabetes.

Hey ladies I'm still around but BnB keeps downloading an ad onto my computer on every BnB page so doing anything on here is annoying right now. They are working on a fix though...I'll catch up then!

Thanks Laura, phoned after 4pm yesterday to be told that I needed to phone after 10am today, so phoned this morning and my test was clear, so really pleased I didn't follow in both my sisters footsteps as they both had gestational diabetes.

Great news!

Great news! I have my GD test this afternoon and am kind of nervous about it. I have hypoglycemia and the doctor said I still need to take the test but to be prepared to feel awful afterwards. So looking forward to getting it over with!

Great news! I have my GD test this afternoon and am kind of nervous about it. I have hypoglycemia and the doctor said I still need to take the test but to be prepared to feel awful afterwards. So looking forward to getting it over with!

Thank you :D I hope all goes well with your GD test today.

MrsRose, I'm hypoglycemic too, my old OBs office (whom I left for many terrible reasons) forced me to do the screening test BEFORE my 12 week appointment or else it would be cancelled and I would not be allowed to have an appointment until I did this. I have never heard of needing to do a screening so early before and neither has my new OBs office. Well because of the stress of that day and appointment I failed it high! Which was a huge surprise to me, I was then forced to do the 3 hour, which REALLY sucks when you are hypoglycemic. I felt horrible during and even worse after. I should not have driven to work (or driven at all) after that test, I was delirious, and when I saw my results the next day, I know why, my blood sugar was so low! So my advice is if you have to do the 3 hour, which I really really hope you don't, make sure to have someone with you, because it really isn't a good situation for us.

At my 28 week appointment with the new OB, I was of course again told I need to do the screening now, because this is when pregnant women are SUPPOSED to do it. She of course told me that it is my right to decline it, which was nice that I wasn't being forced, but I will chose to do the test again, since this is when it is critical, and it isn't my baby's fault that the first OB office was incompetent.

I plan on having a stick of string cheese, then doing it right in the morning, before the stress and food etc. of the day begin, because that was how and when I did my fasting 3 hour, which was super low. Do whatever you can to pass the screening. The 3 hour is miserable for hypoglycemics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->