**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Tinylynn and Genevevex you are so lucky you get to take off work. And you are in the US? I have to work until I'm in the delivery room basically :cry:

Well, I don't know if I will get time off of work. Not without a reason. But I'm terrified of going into labor at work, so maybe my doctor will work with me? I am in the US

The doctor has diagnosed me with mild pre eclampsia and with my borderline BP levels they're admitting me to the hospital so they can keep a close watch on the baby and me. As long as my BP stays down they're planning to start Cervidil on the 13th and if my cervix is favorable, they'll follow it up with pitocin. If it's not, we'll repeat the Cervidil.

Baby girl is measuring ahead at 7lbs 9 oz so at least she's at a healthy weight already. Packing up my stuff now and then heading back to the hospital.

Good luck, MrsRose!

I have been having so many BH contractions. Nothing consistent, but they are getting painful and happen all the time; they happen when I get up, sit down, roll over in the middle of the night, have to pee, when I pee, etc. I remember having a lot with DD too. Just ready for them to be over with really. I'm tired. I'm exhausted. And I don't wanna be pregnant anymore! :growlmad: Only 4 weeks and 3 days left, assuming I make it to 39 weeks...

I hope everything stays good for you and baby Mrs rose! Bed rest in hospital can be so tough. Make sure you have a computer, phone, charger. Books, magazines, treats, adult colouring books...Lots to keep your mind busy!

I'm on bed rest and it sucks. But my blood.pressure is staying good as long as I do nothing. It's rough. my dr said she will let me go.hntil the 20th of December ( I'm due the 8th of December!!!) If my pressure stays good. I can't even. I'm not sure I can handle 7 weeks more on bed rest, with two little boys who need me
.. and get ready for Christmas and everything else at the same time. So disheartening. I know I want what's best for baby.... but oh frig did hearing her stance on this whole thing just totally demoralize me.

Not to mention I just found out my dad ( Who with my mom is supposed to be watching my kids when I go into labour) just got a surgery date for major spinal surgery after a 2 year wait... and it's my freaking due date. So if I make it to my due date or go overdue I'm not going to have anyone to watch my kids. Gahhhhh. Stress.

MrsRose good luck!! Hope you can find plenty to keep you busy in hospital until baby arrives. It's good that they're keeping a close eye on you.

Counting sorry to hear how stressful things are at the moment :( I hope you dont have to wait as long as that!

Bubbles I'm starting to get quite fed up too. But at the same time it doesn't feel real that baby is coming so soon. We have plans pretty much every weekend up until my due date now so I'm sure the time is going to go so quickly. DH is also extremely busy with work, as he's self employed I do his invoicing, organisation etc on top of my other job so there is literally so much to do. I am going to try to get DH to put up the wardrobe today so I can at least get the clothes sorted and bags packed. I have the Moses basket from DS so that should be us sorted!!

Genevevex, I'm glad to hear that you are off work now. I hope you are doing better with some rest.

Rose, it's nice you have plans! I get so bored at home if I don't have something planned each week even though I work full time. :)

Counting, hopefully your doctor changes her tune when you get closer to your due date.

Mrs Rose, it's almost baby time! Here's hoping your blood pressure doesn't creep up any more and you have a successful induction.

Bubbles sorry the bh contractions are slowing you down. They can be quite painful.

I've been following along with everyone but been exhausted from work so haven't had the energy to post. I've been measuring full term about six weeks and now feel like the size of a house! I was having trouble leaning forward to reach stuff on my desk but now can't even sit up straight :o I totally am driving around low rider style in my suv to accommodate the belly :D

My doctor pulled me out of work starting yesterday. I've been having painful but usually irregular Braxton hicks the whole third trimester, but they started escalating while at work this week and last week.

Monday, I should have gone in because they were like 10 an hour for 5 hours and crampy but I figured they'd slow if I could relax that afternoon (which they did). Needless to say Dr wasn't happy so now I'm off work two weeks earlier than planned. I wanted to work until 36 weeks (Thanksgiving break at school) but I guess it was time because all I feel is relief about being on maternity leave.

I'm hoping to keep them growing another two or three weeks but we'll see! They'll be here within 4 weeks at the latest. I literally have no more room for them as I am 5'2" and 105 lbs prepregnancy. I had no idea that they could rise out and around to kick above my ribs!

So excited, it's getting ridiculously close now ahhhh! My boys are getting really excited, my William keeps doing a countdown everyday.. lol

I still feel like i have so much to do, the last of her clothes are arriving Tuesday, i have to pack her hospital bag with her clothes and hats. I have cleared out her draws. But i still have to do a deep clean of the house... :dohh: Just so everything is perfect for her.

Is everyone else already completely ready? I suppose you all are!

No I'm totally unready still, I have only just started buying things for baby this week, I've bought a new moses basket and stand that arrived yesterday and a musical baby rocker. I'm picking up steriliser and bottles on Thursday and hoping to get some clothes maybe tomorrow.
So much still to do with house, we need to do a massive clear out of mainly old clothes of both my daughters, can't believe how much stuff we have kept, we are proper hoarders.

Finally bought the car seat the other day. Need to install it. Still have to get the hospital bags done and my birth plan printed...eek!

Got the car seats and mirrors installed this weekend and bags packed and in the car just in case. Still need to move the dog into the breakfast room and out of our bedroom to make space for the mini cribs. I ordered a baby gate /playpen last night to fence the dog off (she steals dd dinner if left to roam the house in the afternoons!)

Good to know i am not the only one with things still hanging over their head lol.

I am definitely not completely ready jessicahide! to be honest I am not going to be as I can't get the nursery ready until she's a good few months old. Clothes are now in size order in the wardrobe, I need to get the car seat base in the car nearer the time, baby's bag is more or less packed but I need to do mine. As she's due so close to Xmas I think I mainly need to get the shopping finished and presents wrapped then I'll feel like I'm ready. I am going for minimalistic this time, which is completely different from last time as I am sure I had everything ready by now with DS.

I don't finish work until 7th Dec either and have a few things I want to do once I have finished ie get a hair cut, have a cleaner in (for the first time ever!! But I just want the house to be perfect and with a dog I just can't get rid of all the dust and hair myself) and then I think I'll be in the baby zone :)

Genevevex, I'm glad to hear that you are off work now. I hope you are doing better with some rest.

Rose, it's nice you have plans! I get so bored at home if I don't have something planned each week even though I work full time. :)

Counting, hopefully your doctor changes her tune when you get closer to your due date.

Mrs Rose, it's almost baby time! Here's hoping your blood pressure doesn't creep up any more and you have a successful induction.

Bubbles sorry the bh contractions are slowing you down. They can be quite painful.

I've been following along with everyone but been exhausted from work so haven't had the energy to post. I've been measuring full term about six weeks and now feel like the size of a house! I was having trouble leaning forward to reach stuff on my desk but now can't even sit up straight :o I totally am driving around low rider style in my suv to accommodate the belly :D

My doctor pulled me out of work starting yesterday. I've been having painful but usually irregular Braxton hicks the whole third trimester, but they started escalating while at work this week and last week.

Monday, I should have gone in because they were like 10 an hour for 5 hours and crampy but I figured they'd slow if I could relax that afternoon (which they did). Needless to say Dr wasn't happy so now I'm off work two weeks earlier than planned. I wanted to work until 36 weeks (Thanksgiving break at school) but I guess it was time because all I feel is relief about being on maternity leave.

I'm hoping to keep them growing another two or three weeks but we'll see! They'll be here within 4 weeks at the latest. I literally have no more room for them as I am 5'2" and 105 lbs prepregnancy. I had no idea that they could rise out and around to kick above my ribs!

So glad you're on leave now! That was such a huge weight off my shoulders for me. Hope you can keep those babies cooking for a few more weeks.

Eek, I can't believe we are all so close! As one of the few FTMs in this group, I am struggling to even imagine what it's like to suddenly have a child... I can't get my head around it, but to the extent that I can, it's pretty mind-blowing.

Jezika I can't even get my head around it, and this is my second :haha: I don't think it will feel real until she's actually out and I'm looking after her. I think with Christmas so close to our due dates it just makes it seem even more weird to think that we are all so close, as there is so much going on for everyone at this time of year.

It's hard for me to imagine having another one, Jez! Like rose said, it won't be "real" until she's here! I also still need to wrap gifts. Maybe I can do that this week or weekend, depending on when I get a little break!

Hi moms, this is my first child so I don't know if it's normal. I'm 36 weeks now and when I sleep on my side I wake up with like a sore/cramping stomach. It's my whole stomach not just one area. If I switch sides usually it will subside but then in an hour it will wake me up again and I'll switch again. This goes on all night. Then when I wake up in the morning and sit up, the pain eventually goes away.

I figured this is just like the pressure of the baby on my stomach muscles or something - but does anyone else have this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->