**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Tommyg thank you for that, at my appointment Monday I will request a flu shot. I did think about it being a new strain but wasn't sure if that made a lot of difference. Hopefully they have taken care of rescheduling my c-section too, I'm getting antsy about them not getting back to me, ugh...

There is evidence to suggest that the immune effects may pass from mom to baby, but it is uncertain and probably depends on a lot of things, so they suggest family and people in close contact with baby to have whooping cough (Tdap) and flu shots here in the US at least. Especially in the colder states like I'm in. I'm waiting in line for my Tdap right now. It's definitely the least fun of the 2! Lol

Tommyg when it comes to obstetrics the mother ALWAYS comes first. They will try to take care of you both of course, but when the shit hits the fan unlimately baby can only survive inside the womb if mum does, and pregnancy puts a huge amount of strain on a mother. If it's ever even possibly a matter of life or death an emergency c-section is the fastest way to save mum and therefore probably baby too.

Thank you Grace, it really is so deeply emotional and mind blowing that I can't explain how that feels to know that they would have put me first.
For so long I have felt they would have done it with the view that DS might have stood a better chance at 35 weeks without me. Just after I got out of hospital i started following reports of a lady who's baby was delivered, baby made it, poor mum didn't.

There is evidence to suggest that the immune effects may pass from mom to baby, but it is uncertain and probably depends on a lot of things, so they suggest family and people in close contact with baby to have whooping cough (Tdap) and flu shots here in the US at least. Especially in the colder states like I'm in. I'm waiting in line for my Tdap right now. It's definitely the least fun of the 2! Lol

Yep, my OB recommended the same so I asked all close family members to get the TDAP. If anyone doesn't get it, they won't be holding the baby and thankfully DH is on-board with that plan too. I hope you can convince yours to get the shot. I've heard there are just heartbreaking videos online of infants with whooping cough, so maybe show him one of those as a last resort. I'm an emotional mess right now so I haven't watched one myself, but apparently they can be quite convincing. The other thing that really scared me was that someone could have whooping cough and not have any symptoms.

DH has his TDaP. And said he would get his flu shot too, apparently I had to ask and not demand. This caused a bit of an argument because I DO demand it! I have to protect him, because he can protect himself. So now just waiting for him to tell his family the same. We had quite the talk yesterday and I think he can see my view now. I'm not trying to be difficult by telling people they can't be around him, I don't like having to do that, but it is better than the alternative.

Hi ladies, hope everyone is hanging in there--we're almost to the finish line! I have gestational hypertension so my doctor has put me on modified bed rest. This was my first week out of work and I have to say it was such a big weight off my shoulders. Between the SPD pain and insomnia, I was almost in tears getting ready for work every morning. It's so frustrating to not be able to sleep. I've been waking up every night in the middle of the night for a few hours so it's a lot less stressful not having to get up and go to work like a zombie.

The OB said that if my BP remains the same, they'll induce me at 38 weeks. If it gets worse, they could take her any time--though the goal is to get to at least 37 weeks. The plan as of now is to give me Cervadil on Nov 16th and if that doesn't get things moving, we'll do a C Section on Nov 21st. If I'm not dilating on my own with the Cervadil, she doesn't want to try to induce with pitocin because if your body isn't ready that could just end up laboring forever with no progress and result in an emergency CS.

I have my 36 week appointment where they'll check her size next Friday. At the last check a couple months ago she was a couple weeks ahead so I'm curious to see if she's leveled out or not.

Only a few more weeks left! So excited to meet my sweet baby girl!

Glad to hear everyone's hanging in there the best they can, this part of pregnancy is NOT easy at all. MrsRose, I hope they can get you to 38 weeks!

AFM, 5 weeks from tomorrow is my c-section (give or take a day or two, still not sure when it is, ugh!!! Will be asking tomorrow at my appt). 5 weeks. Only 5 more weeks of only having one little girl. That is like...no time at all! It's so hard to believe...o_o

Last week I had to have an NST for decreased movement. I can't remember if I updated on here about it or not, I know I did on the Facebook group. She passed it but it took her a good long time. Ever since then, her movement has been regular again so no more scares. I'm hoping to keep the stress to a minimum since that's what seems to be triggering things to happen like decreased movements and contractions. :( Luckily the biggest source of my stress was my husband passing his CDL test and he finally did last Wednesday and is on the road making money. Thank goodness!

Hang in there everyone, it's not easy especially at this stage, but we are ALMOST THERE!!! So close to holding our newborn LOs. <3

Facebook ladies know, but had a spike jn blood pressure last night. Diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension. For the third time. Not impressed. Put on modified bed rest which is next to impossible with two toddler boys and I'm just exhausted at the prospect of keeping this up for the next month or more.

Mrs. Rose, I think it's very odd your Dr would give you a csection if cervadil doesn't put you in labour. Cervadil generally just ripens the cervix. Meaning it makes it favorable for induction. A large majority of women will not go into labour with cervadil alone. It usually dilated and effaced you enough that with ARM and/or a drip you will go into labour. I had it with my first. Took 5 days I believe to ripen my cervix for induction( dilated to a 3 but did not start labour). I was then induced with arm and drip and had him after about 12 hours.

Facebook ladies know, but had a spike jn blood pressure last night. Diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension. For the third time. Not impressed. Put on modified bed rest which is next to impossible with two toddler boys and I'm just exhausted at the prospect of keeping this up for the next month or more.

Mrs. Rose, I think it's very odd your Dr would give you a csection if cervadil doesn't put you in labour. Cervadil generally just ripens the cervix. Meaning it makes it favorable for induction. A large majority of women will not go into labour with cervadil alone. It usually dilated and effaced you enough that with ARM and/or a drip you will go into labour. I had it with my first. Took 5 days I believe to ripen my cervix for induction( dilated to a 3 but did not start labour). I was then induced with arm and drip and had him after about 12 hours.

I don't really know much about the process but plan to talk to her more about it on Friday. I looked in the portal at my upcoming appointments and saw Cervadil on the 16th and induction on the 21st. We hadn't discussed Cervadil at all at my last appt. She had just said if I'm not dilating on my own we'll need to do a CS. I'm assuming the induction means CS if my body isn't dilating on it's own. I guess I'll just have to wait till Friday to see.

Got my TDAP and flu shots yesterday. Got kinda sick from them last night and some this morning but feeling better now, just exhausted.

Finally have an official c-section date too. December 5th at 11am! I'll be exactly 39 weeks then. Only 4 weeks and 6 days left! :happydance:

Glad you're feeling better after your vaccinations bubbles, I felt a bit rough after mine, particularly the whooping cough one. How exciting to know when your little one will be arriving, bet you're really excited.

I had bit of a scare last Friday, went to routine midwife appt and when she listened in there were audible dips in baby heart rate, so had to be referred into mau to be monitored. All turned out ok, maybe baby was just playing with her cord, just told to observe and monitor movements, which I've been doing anyway. Lost some of my mucous plug on sat/sun, had a few strong braxton hicks but she seems to be staying put for time being &#128077;&#127995;. Have my last growth scan today, will update later, but have a feeling she's already pretty big, I'm the biggest I've ever been and felt the heaviest, literally cannot walk any distance at all without needing to sit down. Hope everyone else is well xx

Bubbles - that's very exciting to have a date! Not long now!

Mumof5 - that must have been scary. Glad all is ok and hope everything goes well at the growth scan!

AFM all going well with the pregnancy but I'm feeling quite stressed at the moment with our loft extension building works. They're knocking through today so there will be builders and dust to contend with every day for the next month. My dh and I are snapping at each other a lot and my dh just found out his enlarged aorta (heart) has grown so he may need heart surgery. He has an MRI in a couple of weeks to check. My 2 year old is being particularly difficult and I've stupidly increased my hours to full time at work to add to the stress! We are going on holiday on Saturday and I'm hoping once there we will be able to relax a bit.

Frustrated with my situation. Have to be resting all the time which is impossible with two toddlers, or else my blood pressure spikes. On Dr's orders to lay down without moving at least one hour in the morning and one in the evening. Family, etc offered to help when dh is working or at school. But so far it's been so unreliable, and just foutdoor out this morning my sister who was supposed to come over to help is too sick so I have no help at all until dh gets home at 4pm ( he left before we woke up).

Oh no counting - can't your dh come home again? It's impossible for you to rest in that situation. I really feel for you.

Counting that sounds really rubbish, hope u manage to get some rest and the bp stays under control.

Had last scan today, all appears well, baby's current estimated weight is 7lb 9oz and is on the 95th centile &#128563;. Really hoping she comes sooner rather than later!! xx

My mom and dad ended up showing up and gave me a break and also helped clean the house. It was super helpful!

Oh Mumof5, I'm really hoping she comes early for you too!

Posted on Facebook, but wanted to post here, too, for those who are not on FB.

Had my checkup yesterday. Doctor says that baby girl is already going behind my pubic bone, and that my cervix is softening, but still closed. I asked about my continued working and he immediately agreed to sign me out at the end of this week! Woo!

It probably helps that walking into the room I was limping from Lillian's position. And yelping in pain when he was moving my legs for the exam. I'm just glad I don't have to worry about working after the next two days. What a relief! Maybe I can actually get some rest now like they keep telling me to.

So glad to hear that everyone's babies are healthy so far. We're almost there!

So glad your Dr took you off work Genevevex, I'm wondering when my Dr will do the same, I guess we will talk about it tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->