**December Snowflakes - 2016**

So sorry to all the ladies going through all the worry and stress. I'm worried too.

On Tuesday morning started with a sharp pain on left hand side. Felt like cyst pain, but sitting, lying down etc nothing was making it stop. Called the IVF clinic and the nurse phoned me back to come in and be checked. I was 4days5. The doctor examined my stomach and said it would be too early to see anything on the ultrasound and that if it was ectopic it was far too early to be causing a problem. She did an ultrasound and said the womb lining was nice and thick and they could see a little bit of blood near the ovary probably from egg collection which may have been causing the pain but she didn't think it was enough. The cyst I had drained before the IVF was there again, but only small so she didn't think it was that. She said they would just have to wait and see and hope to see in the ultrasound at 7 weeks and sent me home. The vag ultrasound was painful whenever she turned the wand to the left and by the time I had got home the pain was so much worse. Guessing because they had moved things in there, not sure. She had told me to take paracetamol and I had to it was so bad. Dh had to work from home to watch my lo as I was in bed in bad pain. The paracetamol kicked in after two doses and overnight the pain lessened to a manageable level. I had done a test that morning before the pain started, a frer, and two clear lines. I decided to test again the next morning and the line took ages to show, but eventually did. The next day it hurt a bit but no where as much so I just took it easy. Decided to test again this morning. Woke up with really sharp trapped wind pains probably due to the progestrone suppositories at 1am. 3 hours from last wee, and the line is much fainter than it has been. I really don't know what is going on. Did the corpus lut cyst burst Is it ectopic Chemical. Is it fine and for some reason the frer is not picking it up as well. I did another test 4 hours later and still same. I'm really worried now. I phoned a different private clinic and just got a beta hcg blood test done. Hopefully will find out the results today. I don't know what to think.
Here are my frers

Attachments

• pregnancylinesprogression2016smallpic.jpg
    pregnancylinesprogression2016smallpic.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 20
Babies7777 thinking of you :hugs: I hope everything turns out ok for you. Not knowing is the worst

So sorry to all the ladies going through all the worry and stress. I'm worried too.

On Tuesday morning started with a sharp pain on left hand side. Felt like cyst pain, but sitting, lying down etc nothing was making it stop. Called the IVF clinic and the nurse phoned me back to come in and be checked. I was 4days5. The doctor examined my stomach and said it would be too early to see anything on the ultrasound and that if it was ectopic it was far too early to be causing a problem. She did an ultrasound and said the womb lining was nice and thick and they could see a little bit of blood near the ovary probably from egg collection which may have been causing the pain but she didn't think it was enough. The cyst I had drained before the IVF was there again, but only small so she didn't think it was that. She said they would just have to wait and see and hope to see in the ultrasound at 7 weeks and sent me home. The vag ultrasound was painful whenever she turned the wand to the left and by the time I had got home the pain was so much worse. Guessing because they had moved things in there, not sure. She had told me to take paracetamol and I had to it was so bad. Dh had to work from home to watch my lo as I was in bed in bad pain. The paracetamol kicked in after two doses and overnight the pain lessened to a manageable level. I had done a test that morning before the pain started, a frer, and two clear lines. I decided to test again the next morning and the line took ages to show, but eventually did. The next day it hurt a bit but no where as much so I just took it easy. Decided to test again this morning. Woke up with really sharp trapped wind pains probably due to the progestrone suppositories at 1am. 3 hours from last wee, and the line is much fainter than it has been. I really don't know what is going on. Did the corpus lut cyst burst Is it ectopic Chemical. Is it fine and for some reason the frer is not picking it up as well. I did another test 4 hours later and still same. I'm really worried now. I phoned a different private clinic and just got a beta hcg blood test done. Hopefully will find out the results today. I don't know what to think.
Here are my frers

Oh, dear I'm so sorry you're going through this. I'm glad that you were at least able to get your betas done. I hope you get some answers soon and that the pain stays away. :hugs:

Just got my dating scan appointment. April 29th. Just about 2 weeks away but it seems like forever.

That's exciting counting! They don't routinely scan until 12 weeks here which seems like an eternity. I'm definitely going to have a private one earlier; hopefully at around 7 weeks to put my mind at rest. I don't think I'll believe it until I see my little one on the screen - I felt the same last time!!

Rose I feel the same way. I feel like I need to see to believe. Ha ha

And they do that here in Canada too. They just don't send you for many scans. I'm requesting one for between week 8 and 10 so I'll be able to get a really good look and hear the heart beat. Hoping that makes it more real for me.

Here are my frers

Have you heard of the hook on effect? Basically, hpt's can only handle so much HCG. Once you're level is above that threshold, the lines will lighten. If you were to dilute the urine it would probably be dark lines again.

That's interesting I had never heard of that!

Livvy, how are you doing? Thinking of you :hugs:

That's exciting counting! They don't routinely scan until 12 weeks here which seems like an eternity. I'm definitely going to have a private one earlier; hopefully at around 7 weeks to put my mind at rest. I don't think I'll believe it until I see my little one on the screen - I felt the same last time!!

They actually don't do routine scans here until 20 weeks! You just get one ultrasound per most low risk pregnancies. I'll have more than that because I'm high risk- but I need the dating scan because I had a miscarriage February 19th, and no period in between that loss and this pregnancy, so the doctors don't have any way of dating my pregnancy otherwise, and because I'm experiencing abnormal bleeding and cramping.
I'd just feel a lot better if I knew of this baby had a healthy heartbeat or if I'm likely to lose this one too.

Just got my beta. It was 38.1 IU/L. Not very familar with beta results as we don't usually have them in the UK, but guessing that is really low? Any advice appreciated.

Thanks I googled it, but my beta just came in as 38.1 IU/L it seems low to cause the test a problem.

Here are my frers

Have you heard of the hook on effect? Basically, hpt's can only handle so much HCG. Once you're level is above that threshold, the lines will lighten. If you were to dilute the urine it would probably be dark lines again.

38.1 is very low :( . have you spoken with your doctor?

Just got my beta. It was 38.1 IU/L. Not very familar with beta results as we don't usually have them in the UK, but guessing that is really low? Any advice appreciated.

Yes it is low but mine was only 52.9 then didn't quite double like it should so was worries yesterday so went and hospital and saw a perfect heartbeat and measuring 6 weeks ( which I am today) it doesn't matter too much about the number just that it keeps rising, I was getting very worried and worked up with my HCG results I've stopped having them now,
Good luck Hun xx

My results said the average hcg range at 5 weeks is 100-5,000. However, the most important thing is that it's doubling in 48-72 hours. Are you going to have another draw?

That's interesting I had never heard of that!

Livvy, how are you doing? Thinking of you :hugs:

Thanks bubbles and rose :hugs: appreciate it a lot!!

Got my second level of betas done a couple hours ago, I just want them to confirm it and for me to stop bleeding so I can move on! In general been in much better spirits, weather is nice and my 9 month old is crawling properly now so keeping me distracted :)

I'm not sure whether to do another one or pay for an ultrasound at 6 weeks. I'm thinking just get the ultrasound as that will be the most conclusive. My fertility clinic basically told me they would not do another ultrasound until 7 weeks so I will have to get it done somewhere else. They never even mentioned getting a beta done, I just did that myself because I was worried. If it was just the low HCG, but with the tests today being a lot lighter, I'm thinking things will either get better or worse. The wait is agonising for sure.

I'm not sure whether to do another one or pay for an ultrasound at 6 weeks. I'm thinking just get the ultrasound as that will be the most conclusive. My fertility clinic basically told me they would not do another ultrasound until 7 weeks so I will have to get it done somewhere else. They never even mentioned getting a beta done, I just did that myself because I was worried. If it was just the low HCG, but with the tests today being a lot lighter, I'm thinking things will either get better or worse. The wait is agonising for sure.

Get another beta done. They can't see anything on U/S if your HCG is under 2,000. Good luck, I really hope your betas go up <3

Get another beta done. They can't see anything on U/S if your HCG is under 2,000. Good luck, I really hope your betas go up <3

I agree. Plus, you'll know right away what's happening if the number decreases. I don't think you should have to wait in limbo for 2 more weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->