**December Snowflakes - 2016**

So this kinda sucks. The wonderful smell of my DD that I've enjoyed for months is making me sick! :( It's her soap I think, since when I smell it in the bathroom it triggers a wave of nausea/gagging. When I get her in the mornings, she smells like the shampoo plus poop and pee and it takes everything in me not to barf. Even the smell without the diaper "additives" makes me ill. Ready for this sickness crap to end now! :(

I'm sorry you feel like crud bubbles. Do you think changing her soap may help?

There is a lady at work that like to drown herself in perfume. And even though I've been feeling fine, that smell and its intensity is too much. If I see her talking to someone in my cube, I won't go in it until she is gone! What is it with people? You would think she would have a hard time breathing with so much perfume in the air around her!

Tiny, I am considering changing to a lavender scented soap. We used that when she was very small and I loved the way that smelled, way more than the regular stuff. I'm going to try it out and see if it makes a difference. This super nose that I have right now is so unforgiving.

Speaking of which, that perfume sounds so unpleasant, even without being pregnant I can't stand the smell of too much perfume. I'm so sorry you have to put up with that!

Bubbles sounds like a good idea. Lavender is so soothing.

Yesterday was the most tired I've been this pregnancy. I wouldn't even call it tired I would call it complete exhaustion. Laying down didn't even help at all. I felt like when I had mono!

Today is better so far, hoping it stays like this. I don't know which is worse, the nausea or feeling that exhausted...:wacko:

Totally with you all on the tiredness and feeling sick. I have so little energy these days and if I don't get a nap in I'm over tired.

The nausea kicked in for me last week Friday. Thankfully I had a doctors appointment so he prescribed me Diclectin (I believe the name is different in the US) works amazing and I'm glad I got it. I take two in the evening and it keeps the nausea away the next day. I learnt the hard way I have to take it earlier than bed time though. It really makes you drowsy and I was having a hard time getting up on the mornings.

Not sure if it's an option for anyone who's really having bad nausea.

Jellybe I'm so sorry you've had such scary news. I hope having a new scan will get you some answers. Sending you lots of hugs and well wishes.

AFM outside of being exhausted the only new thing is I have my first scan on Friday. I don't even know how to feel about it. I can decide if I'm excited or terrified. I guess I'll see how it goes when I get here.

Only other thing is some spotting. At least I think it's spotting. It's really some brown tinged CM but I've had it on and off for the last 4 days. Anyone else have anything like that? I'm not having any pain or red bleeding so I can't figure out what it is. I have my first OB appointment on May 11th so I'll ask him then if it's still hanging around.

How's everyone else doing?

Sorry to hear people are struggling with nausea/sickness, exhaustion and bad smells! Just remember they are all good signs even though it is not pleasant. Bubbles, I hope changing the soap helps.

I think spotting is normal as long as it's not bright red and not a lot or accompanied by pain. If it's around the time your period would have come it's quite common I've heard.

AFM no symptoms here yet so am just waiting for my scan on Friday. I wish I had some symptoms!! Even my boobs aren't that sore whereas in my last pregnancy I remember they were. I'm hoping it's because I was still breastfeeding up to last week so maybe my boobs didn't need to do much this time. I don't know. I can't wait till Friday!

Wow Loopy thank you. I just checked and AF would indeed have been here the last 4 days I've been having this brown tinged CM!

I kinda feel better. I was starting to wonder if I had some kind of infection but had no symptoms. :haha:

My scans on Friday too. Let's hope they both go really well and that you stay symptom free. I didn't get any nausea until about week 7. Before that I felt totally normal even minimal boob pain.

Wow Loopy thank you. I just checked and AF would indeed have been here the last 4 days I've been having this brown tinged CM!

I kinda feel better. I was starting to wonder if I had some kind of infection but had no symptoms. :haha:

My scans on Friday too. Let's hope they both go really well and that you stay symptom free. I didn't get any nausea until about week 7. Before that I felt totally normal even minimal boob pain.

I hope they both go well too! Thank you on the symptom thing. It's ridiculous that I'm hoping to get nausea soon as I'll regret that!!

Hi ladies well I saw my midwife today and what a lovely lady she is so kind and helpful, she managed to get me a appointment at EPU for Thursday morning, she did say it was quite common not to see much at 8weeks especially from an external scan and for the "larger" lady so I'm staying hopeful, thank you to all of you xx

Sorry to hear people are struggling with nausea/sickness, exhaustion and bad smells! Just remember they are all good signs even though it is not pleasant. Bubbles, I hope changing the soap helps.

I think spotting is normal as long as it's not bright red and not a lot or accompanied by pain. If it's around the time your period would have come it's quite common I've heard.

AFM no symptoms here yet so am just waiting for my scan on Friday. I wish I had some symptoms!! Even my boobs aren't that sore whereas in my last pregnancy I remember they were. I'm hoping it's because I was still breastfeeding up to last week so maybe my boobs didn't need to do much this time. I don't know. I can't wait till Friday!
I'm breastfeeding my 13 month old, and I can tell you, at least for me the breast pain is way different during breastfeeding. It is sore when they latch, like they latched really horribly or are chewing, but the general pain isn't there. My breasts also didn't get larger. I also breastfed my oldest until I was 8.5 months pregnant with my second. I'm guessing the lack of breast pain is because you nursed until so recently.

Glad you had a better experience today Jellybe, I've been thing of you all day! I hope you get some answers Thursday morning!

It could also be placenta placement, mine is anterior, so the tech last week had a hard time getting a good look too.

Still praying all is good with your little one!

I'm breastfeeding my 13 month old, and I can tell you, at least for me the breast pain is way different during breastfeeding. It is sore when they latch, like they latched really horribly or are chewing, but the general pain isn't there. My breasts also didn't get larger. I also breastfed my oldest until I was 8.5 months pregnant with my second. I'm guessing the lack of breast pain is because you nursed until so recently.[/QUOTE

Thank you - this is reassuring! You're amazing continuing when pregnant! To be honest my 19 month old didn't seem too bothered anymore so I decided to quit as pregnancy is enough for me! But I think she was ready anyway.

Jellybe - I hope the scan on Thursday goes well. I'm keeping everything crossed for you.

Jellybee, so glad you got positive news from your midwife. I hope everything goes well and you're able to see your little bean at your next appointment.

For the mamas who are still breastfeeding, how is your supply doing now that you're pregnant. I'm still BFing my 10.5 month old and my supply has gone down so much that last few weeks. I really wanted to get to one year before I weaned but I don't know if it's going to happen without supplementing. I feel so bad for my little guy and guilty about not being able to produce as much as he's used to. He gets so frustrated when my boobs empty so quickly and it breaks my heart! Does anyone have tips on how to help boost your supply during pregnancy?

Jellybee, so glad you got positive news from your midwife. I hope everything goes well and you're able to see your little bean at your next appointment.

For the mamas who are still breastfeeding, how is your supply doing now that you're pregnant. I'm still BFing my 10.5 month old and my supply has gone down so much that last few weeks. I really wanted to get to one year before I weaned but I don't know if it's going to happen without supplementing. I feel so bad for my little guy and guilty about not being able to produce as much as he's used to. He gets so frustrated when my boobs empty so quickly and it breaks my heart! Does anyone have tips on how to help boost your supply during pregnancy?

Sorry I don't have any advice as I've just stopped breastfeeding last week but I just wanted to say don't feel guilty!! Hope someone can help but if you have to supplement you shouldn't feel bad at all x

Thank you Loopy! I appreciate your encouraging words. And I just want to clarify that I don't think supplementing is bad, we just made it so far with BFing (much further than I planned) so it's really hard to have this happen now when we're so close to the one year mark. Plus I planned on switching him to regular milk at one so I feel like it would be a lot for his tummy to go on formula for a month and then cows milk right after.

Everyone please be aware if you live in USA or Canada, the FDA is recalling a TON of frozen fruits and Veggies for Listeria which is very dangerous for pregnant women's babies. Check the list here: https://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm498841.htm

My supply has dropped quite a bit- I pump at work. I went back to work March 20th, I got pregnant on March 17th. When I first went back I was pumping about 10-12oz for a full day shift, 6+oz for a half day. Now I struggle to pump 5-6oz a full day, 1.5-2.5oz for a half day. He's older and more curious, but he still likes nursing for comfort and nutrition a few times a day.

When I nursed through my last pregnancy, my oldest self weaned a while after my milk totally dried up in the third trimester, and he was 19.5 months. My milk really dried up at about 16 weeks at that point, and it was only basically colostrum by about 20.

My currently nursing boy, he has a growth condition and is extremely small for his age, so I kind of hope I can keep him nursing through this pregnancy and tandem once the new baby is born. But if he self weans, I suppose he will have been ready.

Thank you Loopy! I appreciate your encouraging words. And I just want to clarify that I don't think supplementing is bad, we just made it so far with BFing (much further than I planned) so it's really hard to have this happen now when we're so close to the one year mark. Plus I planned on switching him to regular milk at one so I feel like it would be a lot for his tummy to go on formula for a month and then cows milk right after.

I totally understand the disappointment when you planned to do something and those plans look like they might have to change when it's out of your control. I hope you manage to find a solution, I just wanted to make sure you knew you're a great mummy anyway no matter what happens :)

Since you are so close to the year mark, you can always continue nursing and offer the occasional cup of milk. That's a way gentler transition, and I bet he is still getting loads of nutrition from BM even if it is less

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->