**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Had our appointment this morning (3 hours long!) and did receive more information, although not good news. They did not end up diagnosing IUGR although that could still happen if her growth continues to fall behind.

They did find heart abnormalities, although no actual diagnosis regarding that yet because she is so small it's hard to see everything accurately. They were unable to see all 4 chambers today, will reassess in 3 weeks. But the heart is not located in the usual position in the chest.

Facial abnormalities, normal size head and eyes, but rest of face smaller than normal, often indicative of a genetic abnormality.

Abdomen measured in 2nd percentile, so very small. They were unable to get a good view of the actual stomach, but the doctor said she thinks she might have seen it, but it was in the wrong place in the abdomen. Most limb bones measuring small.

They have no answers for is right now. Basically it's a bunch of abnormalities that don't seem to fit into any well known diagnosis. We elected to do an amnio so that hopefully we can find out the exact diagnosis so we can plan appropriately.

We were given the option to terminate, which I immediately declined. We did the amnio purely for diagnostic purposes so that we can be fully prepared for what's to come.

We should have a portion of the amnio results by Wednesday, and the rest in about 2 weeks.

Thank you ladies for your thoughts and support!

Scooby I'm so sorry to hear that :hugs: I hope the amnio gives much needed answers and that it helps you to prepare. I will keep thinking of you xx

Again, I'm a stalker - not typically a poster :)

Had our 20 week scan today. All looks good, baby was all over the place! Goods news - we are TEAM pink. I wanted a girl so bad. :) SOOOOOOO EXCITED! :pink:

Scooby - your story breaks my heart. Hoping that the amnio provides answers for you.

Scoobydrlp so sorry :hugs: hope the results give a clearer picture, you'll be in my thoughts.

Kiki congratulations on :pink:

Scooby sorry that it wasn't good news. Hopefully you get better answers with the ammio. Hugs x

Oh Scooby, I'm sorry to hear about the abnormalities. I'm sure it's frustrating not quite knowing what it all means in practical terms, but I really hope the results of the amnio give you some clarity. Sending you lots of hugs <3

Sorry to read this scoobydrip, hope u get answers from the amnio and you and the Drs can make plans for your little one xx

Scoobydrip, I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through. I hope the amnio results come in soon and provide a bit more clarity. It must be very frustrating not to really know what you're dealing with. I've been thinking of you and will continue to do so.

Congrats Kiki on the girl you wanted! I have my scan today.

Kiki congratulations on having a girl!! Good luck today Laura :hugs:

Scan was great - baby was fine and we are having another girl :happydance: I'm so relieved everything is ok and I secretly wanted another girl (well, not so secretly as I did post on here!)

So sorry to hear that, scooby. Hope the amino results provide clarity--and remember there is still time in the pregnancy. Things could get worse, but they could also get better. Praying for better for you. *hugs*

Scooby I'm sorry to hear about your news. I hope the amnio can give youguys some more definitive results.

Congrats Kiki and Laura on team :pink:!!! Lots of girls in this group!

Scooby, I'm so sorry you are going through this. Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.

Scooby we are all thinking of you, I hope the results tomorrow give you some useful information about what you're facing. I can only imagine how hard this must be.

Excited to see more ladies joining team pink and healthy scans! 22 weeks today and my baby girl is kicking SO MUCH now! What started out as gentle pops I was confusing for muscle twitches are now nice clear thuds in my tummy and as long as they're nice and string OH can feel them too! It's such a lovely time for us. We lie in bed at night with his hand on my tummy while she wriggles around. I'm still struggling with leg cramps and my back and hips are quite uncomfortable, I think I need to get a pregnancy pillow to give me better support at night. Pillows between my legs end up on the floor! Hope you're all feeling good xx

Ps. I took this bumpie a few days ago and thought I'd share! I'm showing so much now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 11
Lovely bump.

Congrats on pink bumps ladies.

Scooby, frustrating for you to still have no answers sending love and light x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads