**December Snowflakes - 2016**

I received a call from the geneticist this morning who gave us a diagnosis of triploidy. This is when baby has 3 copies of each gene instead of 2. She said it is not survivable. My heart is broken. We we have a meeting with her at 3 today to discuss what the future holds.

I'm so, so incredibly sorry.

22+3, not feeling quite so wonderful. Something odd has happened. When I woke up yesterday morning OH said huh, your bump has shrunk! And it is suddenly noticeably smaller by several inches, like it was around week 16!! Since then I've been so uncomfortable in my lower back and feeling really bloated, it's honestly like my uterus has suddenly tipped backwards and I can't shift it forward again. It's making it hard to sleep, it just hurts all of the time. I used to have a retroverted uterus years ago which spontaneously flipped forwards, is it possible for it to suddenly tip back in second tri? I can't find anything to say this is possible but nothing else makes sense! I'm on a 12 hour shift and shattered already because I'm just not sleeping. Not sure what to do 😕, and I feel like I should know since I'm a doctor but I don't!

22+3, not feeling quite so wonderful. Something odd has happened. When I woke up yesterday morning OH said huh, your bump has shrunk! And it is suddenly noticeably smaller by several inches, like it was around week 16!! Since then I've been so uncomfortable in my lower back and feeling really bloated, it's honestly like my uterus has suddenly tipped backwards and I can't shift it forward again. It's making it hard to sleep, it just hurts all of the time. I used to have a retroverted uterus years ago which spontaneously flipped forwards, is it possible for it to suddenly tip back in second tri? I can't find anything to say this is possible but nothing else makes sense! I'm on a 12 hour shift and shattered already because I'm just not sleeping. Not sure what to do 😕, and I feel like I should know since I'm a doctor but I don't!

Do u not have an obs/gynae dr that u could have a chat to at work? I'm a midwife but never heard of the uterus flipping before, but I guess it's possible, particularly as it becomes heavier. Sounds like u deffo need to speak with a speciality dr xx

Could also be baby changing positions. He could have slid down into the pelvis ( they often pop back out early on) which takes a few cms off your bump and can cause so much pressure. He could have also turned transverse ( my baby is transverse and when he lodges his head into my hip it can cause lots of issues!) Which also makes a bump look smaller. I'd talk to your Dr just to be safe!

Ahhh yes baby shifting does make more sense - I've been feeling kicks in different places so that could be it! I wish she'd move back - I was much happier before!! Thanks ladies

With kicks in different places, switching positions sounds likely. Dd was transverse until 34 weeks and my bump was tiny and usually a bit lopsided until she flipped head down.

I hope you find the energy to make it through your day! Working while exhausted and uncomfortably pregnant is not fun.

Scooby, so sorry. I haven't caught up in a few days. Hope you have got plenty support around you.
Hugs xx

I think I did too much today in terms of lifting my toddler (we had a bad day for screaming, kicking tantrums). I've been cramping all evening and not sure whether I've just overdone it or dehydrated or whether I should be worried. It's just a dull period-pain like cramp low down in the middle. I'm hoping some rest might make it better. I can still feel baby moving about.

Is it painful or just tense? If it's sporadic tightness more than pain, could it be braxton hicks?

Is it painful or just tense? If it's sporadic tightness more than pain, could it be braxton hicks?

It's moderately painful - it's constant so don't think it's braxton hicks. I'm hoping it's just round ligament pain or something.

Well, for what it's worth, for many weeks now I've felt a great deal of tension in my belly for hours at a time, and it's most pronounced the lower it goes. When I walk, it can be pretty painful, but if I'm lying still it relieves it a lot. I wouldn't describe them as period-like cramps, though. I thought it might be my fibroids, but midwife thinks it's probably some stretching and the weight of my belly. Sometimes I feel like I might pop, though. In any case... if you're concerned, maybe you could give your midwife or doc a call? I know they usually say don't worry too much though unless you have severe cramping and/or bleeding.

Thanks, I find it really difficult to describe but it could just be stretching pain. I think I'm going to try and go to sleep and will call if it gets any worse or if it hasnt gone by morning.

Hope it goes away by morning. AFM, when baby is kicking up a storm, I'm like "staaaaahp," but when I don't feel her for a while I freak out. Argh.

I know what you mean, jezika!

I feel a lot better this morning so I think I just overdid it yesterday.

Glad you are feeling ok today Laura, I know I sometimes am overdoing it picking my toddler up too, she's very strong and finds it amusing to kick, it really pulls the top of my stomach at times when changing/dressing her.

That's good Laura glad you're feeling better! I have been having a massive nesting session the last few days. I've tidied and cleaned our room, even under the bed etc, and have also done DS's room and the spare room. It feels so good to have got rid of lots of junk and made it tidy. I am sure it won't be tidy for long :haha:
I wish I could finish downstairs but there's not much I can do until we have done the extension, as the kitchen will all be moving around anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->