**December Snowflakes - 2016**

Grace - that's a lovely bump and amazing that you can both feel her now!

I would definitely recommend a pregnancy pillow - I can't sleep without mine!

This is the first bump photo I've managed to take! I'm huge already - I guess cause it's my second pregnancy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 6
Laura that photo is soo cute! Yes you will be bigger if it's your second but you're looking lovely

Cute bump grace! I love your dress!

Laura, I love the bump pic with your little one. So sweet!

I'm definitely still in the want to feel the kicks stage but before we know it baby will be so strong they'll be painful (but I still look forward to it because that means they're closer to being here :) )

Afm, I'm having trouble sleeping lately. Lots of little stressor are adding up (some good stress even) but I'm hoping most will be out of the way by the end of the week. I've got my next ob appt tomorrow with an ultrasound to check on the baby girls (yay!) I also go back to work Thursday for the new school year which is exciting but I'm worried about being able to teach until near delivery with twins.

Does anyone else feel like they're in baby limbo right now? I'm feeling good physically, not stressing much about the babies because I can feel them move, but still feel ages away from delivery (or even a reasonably safe gestation for delivery if preterm labor occurs).

Here's my bump pic from yesterday. I feel like it should be bigger with twins and being a second pregnancy, but they're growing as expected.

Attachments

• Fotor_147075426813334.jpg
    Fotor_147075426813334.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 2
Sapphire - your bump looks great! There's no real reason you should be bigger, I just have no stomach muscles anymore so mine popped out quickly! Hope the ultrasound goes well tomorrow!

I'm actually not at all ready for baby to come so I'm just going to enjoy this stage of pregnancy now - we have got to have a loft conversion first as we need another bedroom! So I'm happy in baby limbo right now! I do know what you mean though, it's a funny stage of pregnancy as there's still so far to go yet it feels like we've been pregnant forever!

Lovely bumps girls :) mine is getting bigger too. I'll have to take another picture soon.

I sorted through baby's clothes today. DS loved helping and even kept saying things like 'look mummy so cute!' 'Look at these mummy aww! My girl will love them!' He's being really sweet about his little sister at the moment. I hope he is just as enthusiastic once she arrives.

We are not ready yet either. We are hoping to do an extension which will mean that we have space for an office downstairs and our third bedroom will then be free to use for baby. We will also have a larger living space so can move some toys in to there. I am so excited about it, just waiting for the planning to go through at the moment so we can't start for another couple of months. It won't be ready in time for baby's arrival so I think we will probably just use the third bedroom as a study/store for her clothes etc at first, and keep the Moses basket in our room, then change it in to a bedroom once she actually needs the space and the study is ready. I kind of want to get a nursery ready as I loved the excitement of it last time, but we just don't have the extra space at the moment.

I have my follow up scan in the morning so hoping all goes well. She wouldn't let them see her spine properly last time so it's just another anatomy scan to check that it all looks ok. The sonographer wasn't concerned last time so I'm fairly relaxed about it and hoping it will be a nice opportunity to see my little girl again :)

I hope the planning for the extension goes well rose! We had building works for a kitchen extension when my dd was born and I can't believe we are doing it again this time! It will be good when it's finished!

That is very cute of your DS! My DD is a bit too young to really understand.

I hope the scan goes well! It took them ages to get the spine measurement for my baby today so it must be a tricky one to get! Mine was wriggling about all over the place!

My bump is huuuge and I have no second baby excuse... just terrible abdominal muscles obviously!

Love seeing the bumps, ladies!

I'd definitely recommend a maternity pillow too, though I've had to forgo mine recently as it's so hot in the bedroom and it takes up so much space, leaving DH and I a bit crowded.

Very envious of conversion plans and nursery plans. We have a pooey one-bedroom rental, though we have bought a place that we are still waiting to be built.

As for being in limbo... I kind of like it because I'm so busy but get to be reminded of little girly throughout the day because she's sooo squirmy. I kind of feel bad for not paying enough attention to her, actually. I'm under so much pressure to finish my thesis. And then a new term starts in fall, so I'm taking two 9am classes that require me to walk 40-45 minutes to school, all the way up to December when I have an exam on my due date! So I definitely need this time...

Anyone already booked prenatal classes? We want to do some hypnobirthing classes so I can approach labour with a calmer, less anxious mindset.

All of the construction plans sound exciting! We turned our daughter's nursery into the twins nursery and turned the spare bedroom into dd new room.

Jezika, we totally could have done a one bedroom with dd if needed. She slept in a pack n play by our bed for 9 months! I liked having her in the same room at night (but I know not everyone does).

I had another scan today. The babies are both about a pound, looking great, and are in the 55%ile for growth (according to singleton charts). My cervix is low and closed too so hopefully I'll have another uneventful month of pregnancy until my next appointment.

I received a call from the geneticist this morning who gave us a diagnosis of triploidy. This is when baby has 3 copies of each gene instead of 2. She said it is not survivable. My heart is broken. We we have a meeting with her at 3 today to discuss what the future holds.

I received a call from the geneticist this morning who gave us a diagnosis of triploidy. This is when baby has 3 copies of each gene instead of 2. She said it is not survivable. My heart is broken. We we have a meeting with her at 3 today to discuss what the future holds.

Scoobydrip im so sorry to read this, I really have no words 😓 my heart aches for you and your family. Please take care of yourself xxxx

Scoobydrlp I'm so sorry, I can't begin to imagine what you and your family are going through, I'm holding back tears here, it is so heartbreaking. You will be in my thoughts :hugs:

I'm so sorry scoobydrip. I'm thinking of you - please look after yourself and we are here for support if you need us. X

I'm so sorry scooby :hugs: I have no words except I wish I could give you a big hug and will be thinking of you and your family xx

Omg Scooby, so so sorry. Prayers for you and your family.

Oh Scooby...I am so sorry to read this. I can't imagine how you all must be feeling. Please take care of yourself and of course we are here if you need us. :hugs:

Oh, Scooby. As everyone else, I'm so, so sorry. I can only imagine the emotions involved, and even imagining from a distance is so difficult and painful. I hope you have all the support you need around you to get through this. Thinking of you...

Scooby you are being so strong about this, I can only imagine how heartbreaking this is for you and your family. We're all here for you whatever happens next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->