December Testers, come here! PLEASE SANTA! BRING US BFP'S! ** 145 Testers, 38 BFPs**

I don't always trust ff... Today it went nuts on me. Entered my temp and it created red ovulation crosshairs two days after my positive opk? So now my dpo have changed and it also extended my cycle to 27 days when it's only 25....

What the heck is going on with this thing? I see how it could justify changing my o date but why extend my cycle length? That doesn't even seem possible....

Is your ovulation date later than usual? I know that when I ovulate late it usually extends my predicted cycle length as well so I thought it might be calculating cycle length based on LP - not 100% sure though.

I know that you don't always ovulate on the day you get your positive OPK - in the instructions for my OPKs it says ovulation occurs up to 48 hours later, so could it be that you got your + but didn't actually ovulate for another 48 hours?

Thanks !! This info is great :). This is the first time I have tracked ov using sticks and temps so I wouldn't know if it's later than usual. It is later than ff originally predicted though... So what you said makes sense.... I would be very doubtful that my cycle will be 27 days, it decreases every month. However, if my cycle is only 25 days AND I ov this late, looks like I would have a short lp. Never thought I'd say this but hoping for a long cycle. I forgot about the fact that ovulation could happen 48 hours after... I really hope we bd enough !! We did every day up to ov, ov and one day after.

Thanks again for the explanation !

Thanks !! This info is great :). This is the first time I have tracked ov using sticks and temps so I wouldn't know if it's later than usual. It is later than ff originally predicted though... So what you said makes sense.... I would be very doubtful that my cycle will be 27 days, it decreases every month. However, if my cycle is only 25 days AND I ov this late, looks like I would have a short lp. Never thought I'd say this but hoping for a long cycle. I forgot about the fact that ovulation could happen 48 hours after... I really hope we bd enough !! We did every day up to ov, ov and one day after.

No problem, definitely not an expert on charting or anything but speaking from my own experience I do find that my expected AF changes depending on when (or if) if I ovulate :) How many dpo does FF think you are now?

I'm still waiting for ovulation at the minute, but I'm hoping it'll be in the next couple of days so that I'll be 14dpo when I test on New Year's Eve. (not sure who I'm trying to convince... I know I'll test early :haha:)

I think you were testing a couple of days before me at the beginning of this month, so we've both tried twice for December BFPs.... good luck :dust:! x

BAH! CD19 and no +OPK yet! I O'd on CD19 last month and then CD21 the month before. Looks like it'll be closer to CD21 again, which means I will have a 35 day cycle again probably. I was hoping to be able to test Christmas morning but it's probably going to be closer to the 27th now.

So you can change my test date to Dec. 27th!

No problem, definitely not an expert on charting or anything but speaking from my own experience I do find that my expected AF changes depending on when (or if) if I ovulate :) How many dpo does FF think you are now?

I'm still waiting for ovulation at the minute, but I'm hoping it'll be in the next couple of days so that I'll be 14dpo when I test on New Year's Eve. (not sure who I'm trying to convince... I know I'll test early :haha:)

I think you were testing a couple of days before me at the beginning of this month, so we've both tried twice for December BFPs.... good luck :dust:! x

Thanks for the well wishes !! I am sending them right back at ya :) yes December will hopefully be our month or in the new year :) fx for you!! Yes last month was a disappointment :( and finding three lumps in my breast however I have been told not to worry and I will have another ultrasound in six months. With that good news I went into full blown baby making mode this month! I don't like temping at all.... I am kind of OCD with those things and now I find myself waking up at 3am and 4am thinking its morning and to test lol.... Not fun !!

Ff puts me at 3dp.... Feeling pretty much the same. I hope you ovulate soon !! Happy bding !! Keep me posted :)

Thanks for the well wishes !! I am sending them right back at ya :) yes December will hopefully be our month or in the new year :) fx for you!! Yes last month was a disappointment :( and finding three lumps in my breast however I have been told not to worry and I will have another ultrasound in six months. With that good news I went into full blown baby making mode this month! I don't like temping at all.... I am kind of OCD with those things and now I find myself waking up at 3am and 4am thinking its morning and to test lol.... Not fun !!

Ff puts me at 3dp.... Feeling pretty much the same. I hope you ovulate soon !! Happy bding !! Keep me posted :)

Thanks hun :) I'm glad to hear that they aren't worried about the lumps, it must have been very scary for you to find them like that - FX for a good ultrasound in 6 months.

I don't usually like temping either - I tried it before for several months and it didn't work for me because I was working shifts and the house we used to live in was always cold, which made for very erratic temps and I didn't detect ovulation once. I know I do have some cycles where I don't ovulate but even after the gynae had told me i'd just ovulated based on their tests - temping didn't detect it.

However, I decided to give it another go this month (along with charting CM, Intercourse, OPKs and CBFM) because I'm working set hours now and the new house is at a more constant temperature. I've not detected ovulation yet but I can definitely see the difference in my chart - it'd be easier to see a change because the temps are more in line.

Fingers crossed it helps :)

Kit we did the same :) opks and temps and pre seed first time lol. One big science experiment down there. My night side table would be an odd sight for anyone lol and pee cups everywhere ! My temps seem erratic too, not sure why. I wish I could post it on here but I've tried a hundred times and it won't work... At some point I'm hoping it will to get tips an advice. So some months you don't ovulate ? Do you know why that is? How long are your cycles?

Oh now that I see your signature, pcos I suppose is the cause. I'm not entirely familiar however a friend of mine who is ttc appears to have pcos as well. Despite it though I say lets be positive !!!! :) no better way to be :)

Just getting over the flu here and I'm out AF showed up today!:growlmad:

Kit we did the same :) opks and temps and pre seed first time lol. One big science experiment down there. My night side table would be an odd sight for anyone lol and pee cups everywhere ! My temps seem erratic too, not sure why. I wish I could post it on here but I've tried a hundred times and it won't work... At some point I'm hoping it will to get tips an advice. So some months you don't ovulate ? Do you know why that is? How long are your cycles?

Oh now that I see your signature, pcos I suppose is the cause. I'm not entirely familiar however a friend of mine who is ttc appears to have pcos as well. Despite it though I say lets be positive !!!! :) no better way to be :)

My cycles vary anything from 29 days (not common, although that's what it was last cycle) to 90+ (again not common). Most often though they're 31 days, when I do ovulate its usually 14/15 days before AF arrives so my LP is mostly constant. How about you?

Are you using FF to chart? When you're on the desktop site you should be able to select sharing and then either get code (for a mini chart or text link) or graphical tickers (one like mine) and you need to copy and paste the BBcode into your signature :)

I don't always trust ff... Today it went nuts on me. Entered my temp and it created red ovulation crosshairs two days after my positive opk? So now my dpo have changed and it also extended my cycle to 27 days when it's only 25....

What the heck is going on with this thing? I see how it could justify changing my o date but why extend my cycle length? That doesn't even seem possible....

The reason it would move your cycle length out is because the second half of your cycle after ovulation almost ALWAYS stays the same. So if the second half of your cycle (luteal phase) is 14 days long, then you just add that to the day you ovulate and you can figure out when AF is due. So if you ovulate on CD 11 plus a 14 day luteal phase, then you'd have a 25 day cycle. If you ovulate on CD 13 plus your 14 day luteal phase, you'd have a 27 day cycle.

Also, this cycle that I got pregnant, it gave me crosshairs 2 days after my first + opk and I'm pretty sure that's correct.

Any new BFP's the past few days! Can't wait for AF to be over to really start. I have just ordered OPK's so I'm really hoping that they arrive soon.
Hope the BFP's this month really are sticky little beans & the expectant mummies have a very happy healthy 9 months x

The reason it would move your cycle length out is because the second half of your cycle after ovulation almost ALWAYS stays the same. So if the second half of your cycle (luteal phase) is 14 days long, then you just add that to the day you ovulate and you can figure out when AF is due. So if you ovulate on CD 11 plus a 14 day luteal phase, then you'd have a 25 day cycle. If you ovulate on CD 13 plus your 14 day luteal phase, you'd have a 27 day cycle.

Also, this cycle that I got pregnant, it gave me crosshairs 2 days after my first + opk and I'm pretty sure that's correct.

Thanks ! the info is much appreciated ! Well, I'm only 3dpo but my chart looks exactly like yours lol !!! Although its early hoping that it's a good sign!

Hey ladies! I am 16DPO and AF was supposed to arrive yesterday. My nipples and breasts are still sensitive. I hope that is good news. Will update tomorrow!:hugs::flower:

AF arrived today, so my next ovulation would be sometime between the 30th and 5th based on previous cycles. Going to be more relaxed about ttc this cycle and just see what happens away from the stresses of work.

I was supposed to see AF yesterday, and she still hasn't shown up. Tested tonight with a FRER, and got a very faint, but very clear BFP!!!! : ) DH just left for the drugstore to buy more tests because he is in shock and can't believe it lol.

I was supposed to see AF yesterday, and she still hasn't shown up. Tested tonight with a FRER, and got a very faint, but very clear BFP!!!! : ) DH just left for the drugstore to buy more tests because he is in shock and can't believe it lol.

Yay congrats!!! :happydance:

Hi all, 1st month TTC. Due to start my AF on the 21st December, hope it doesn't show for another 9 months. I did a HPT this morning at 11DPO but it was negative (not even the faintest of lines). BUT really hoping it was too early to test. Will wait till Saturday and if nothing I'll test again.

Hi all! I am new to this thread. Congrats to the bfps and FX'ed for all of us waiting.

I am 10dpo today and I will test on the 22nd. I started taking Maca Root and I ovulated much sooner this cycle. My cycles are usually anywhere from 34 - 36 days for the most part, but sometimes i get a 42 day cycle like last month. I think I had an implantation dip yesterday at 9dpo and I have been feeling nauseated and insatiable for the last two days and I don't know why. It couldn't be related to implantation, could it?
I have also been waking up with a runny watery nose and sneezing fits which makes it very hard to take my bbt.

It would be so amazing to get a bfp this month because my hubby's birthday is in early January and it would be an awesome surprise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->