deciding to have another?

TheSmpsns

Mom of one baby boy!
Reaction score
I wanted to hear from some of you who are TTC with #2 or higher. My husband and I TTC for one year and had 3 miscarriages before we had Lars. Now he is a little over a year, and I find myself struggling with the decision to have another LO. DH and I had decided to have only one child, but am I having second thoughts??
I don't know if it is because Lars isn't so much a baby anymore, he is getting more and more independent. Did you go through this with LO#1 too? What made your decision to make them a big brother/sister?
I am also terrified at the thought of possibly putting myself in a place of more miscarriages.
I don't know. I'm so lost!!!
What are your thoughts??:shrug::shrug:

i got broody around my DDs first bday! but ive always wanted a large family :) DH was the reason we waited almost another year before ttc :) i told him how important it was to me to have more than one, and he considered it and then let me know when he was ready!

i cant imagine how difficult a miscarriage is,but surely your son makes all that heartbreak worth it? :)

good luck in whatever you choose!

I can kind of relate - my dd was born 6 wks early and in hospital for just over a week after she was born. it's not the same as having mc but it made me apprehensive about ttc #2 because I worry a second will be early too and how will it work with an older child etc etc.

I was really unsure as to whether I wanted another after all that but we decided to start trying again in July. I was very blasé and felt like I wouldn't care one way or another if it happened or not.

Well - three months on with no bfp and all I can think about is having that second baby!!! It's insane. I so wish that we had started trying earlier in the year and hadnt left it until I felt I was 100% 'ready' because as soon as I felt 'ready' I wanted it to happen right that minute and its not worked out like that and it is really getting to me!

So I say - if you think you're almost ready, bite the bullet and go for it. It may take a while to get pg by which time you will hopefully feel 100% ready.

Hugs and good luck! X

Hi ladies, we are a blended family with 2 each and are trying for one together. This is our 3rd month trying with bfn ...... getting very difficult but we will get there. So i say go for it, we arnt going to give up

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->