Decorations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We take ours down on 31st Dec as its my sons bday on New Yrs day so like to get them all packed away by then so his bday isnt associated with xmas if u know what i mean, its what ive always done

Usually first week of December, used to depend on when we got to see OH's son... Not this year though :( She is refusing access...

last sat in nov really. unless i can sneak them up any earlier!! i used to live round the corner to a family who didnt believe in halloween for one reason or another, they put their xmas ones up for halloween. they were the all singing all dancing kind, the blow up santas on the roof, reindeer, snowmen. you name it, they had it. for some reason my dad always called her the circus fat lady!!

We put ours up either on my dad's birthday (8th Dec) or my sisters birthday (10th Dec). And I love it when they're all up. It starts to feel like xmas! Get's me exited! :lol:

We always do it the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We always go out to an early dinner, go buy our tree, bring it home, and decorate the tree and house. Well at least when I lived at home... Now that its been a few years, DH and I haven't really started a tradition... Last year our house flooded 3 weeks before Xmas and we couldn't be home until after the holidays!
I think now that Erica is here, I will go back to my families tradition of the Saturday after Thanksgiving. That way Erica will have the same great memories that I have. I cant wait for Xmas!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back