Dehydration....?

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
So i wrote in another thread a little about Amelia being poorly.

She has been violently sick after every feed today.
I took her to A&E, doctor said it was probably just a tummy bug but to keep an eye on her. At the time he undressed her and checked her over thoroughly (sp?) and i changed her nappy which was pretty wet.

I made another trip to the doctors again this afternoon as she was sick only 10mins after feeding all over the place, she went really pale and just wanted to sleep. Again the doctor said just a tummy bug should be over in 24hours.

Well my concern is with her getting dehydrated. I have been putting her on the breast for 2/3mins max every 1hr to 1hr30mins. (she usually feeds for 10mins every 3 hours).
I also boiled some water and have been giving her a few sips.
So far she has managed to keep everything down but this has only been the last 4hours.

She still hasn't done a wet nappy since i changed her at midday. She has done a little poo, which smelt really really bad. (usually her poo is not offensive at all and smells sort of sweet....weird i know).

Just wondered if anyone has had this recently with their LO.
What would you advise?

Do i keep giving her little and often? (which seems to be working, its staying down at the moment)
Do i call the doctor and tell them she hasn't peed in 9hours?
Will they just tell me its normal because she has vomitted so much?

I really don't know what to do...i know this kind of thing happens with babies a lot but dehydration really scares me.

Another question i forgot to add....

Do i let her sleep tonight or keep waking her up and feeding her?

i would give NHS direct a call and have a chat with them and see what they think hun..... I think its just cos she is dehydrated and its good that she is now keeping something down.... but put your mind at rest and get some advice from them and take it from there..

Hope she is better soon bless her xx

I found this for you hun, its actually good advice. I'm gonna save this to favourites as its something I commonly worry about whenever one of the children are sick.

Hope bubs is better soon :hugs:

https://pediatrics.about.com/od/symptoms/a/05_symp_dehydtn.htm

I'd go to the out of hours. Kaya became dehydrated and ended up on a drip for two days, I really wish I'd taken her to the docs sooner.

i agree with calling nhs direct sweetie, gets some medical advice, i do hope she feels better soon :hugs:

Mamafy link is perfect, thats exactly what my doc checked when they thought my LO was ill x

are you getting wet nappies?? my HV said if your getting wet nappies then they are not dehydrated...

...also you can often tell if they are dehydrated by their soft spot.... if it really goes in then they are dehydrated...

I hope she gets better soon :hugs:

Thanks everyone and Mamafy that link is brilliant i have added to favourites too!

She seems to be a million times better this morning, still have diorreah (sp?) and she is being sick but its just little bits not her whole stomach contents.

AND after 12hours + of no wet nappy we had a wet nappy, and oh my it stank like bbq's!! lol :D

thanks again for you support and advice :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->