Delay between positive OPK and temp increase?

WishnandHopn

Reaction score
I'm having a weird cycle...I had my 'most positive' wondfo OPKs CD11 in the evening and CD12 in the morning (almost the same as the control line) and then they got fainter each day after that. So I assumed I would O on CD13, maybe CD14, but my temp didn't go up until CD16, indicating I likely O'd on CD15. So that's a 3 day delay between last positive OPK and ovulation. Does that seem like kind of a long delay? Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Opks have to be as dark if not darker to be considered positive. Sounds to me like you started to get an lh surge but it dropped off. You probably had another surge on the 17th, you should keep testing until your temp goes up as they only tell you your getting ready to ovulate. Doesn't mean you will ovulate after a positive test.

Hmmm that's a good point. The last opk i did on the morning of the 16th had only a very faint line, I didn't test again after that so maybe I did miss the actual surge a day later.

I am actually kind of wondering if I O'd earlier and for some reason there was a delay in the temp going up. It would make more sense with my CM, which was only fertile for 2 days.

Geez just when I'm thinking 6 months of charting and I've got the hang of this, my chart (or my body?) goes all wonky!

I know what you mean, FF is telling me I ovulated CD10 now, i had 1 day of watery cm only... and looking at my last 2 charts my temps were all over so I think FF has got it wrong. I normally ovulate late and have long cycles. In regards to temp going up after O, its the corpus luteum (the egg) thats producing the progesterone which increases your temp. Because we never know what time it was released, you may get a one day delay in temp rise but the second day temp should be up. You may have had fertile cm that didn't show... if you dont check internally you could miss it.

the lh surge doesn't mean that o happened that day or even the next, both ff and the opk directions say it could be within hours up to a day or more. ff said that since i had a pos opk on cd 18 o could occur any where between cd 18 to cd 21, so don't get discouraged. yes ff can be wrong but trust your body temps and cm will usually tell the tale of o.:thumbup: good luck and :dust:

Thanks ladies....it sure can be frustrating. At least I am sure I O'd, the temp shift is clear. It was possibly a day or two earlier since I have some open circles. CD15 is better for BD timing since we did O-1 and O-2. IF it was CD13 or CD14 our timing was still ok, got 2 good BDs in the fertile window. I'm going to stop obsessing now (ya, sure I am!)

Mrs...I am thinking you 're right, you didn't O yet. So you didn't miss it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->