Demanding Toddler???? Help?

FAB mama

Reaction score
Revised post... Haven't gotten any response.

If anyone has dealt with a toddler who wants to BF many many times a day, how did you handle it? Thanks

I should add, he is turning down some meals because he's breastfeeding so often.

you could try offering food first. My LO likes to feed lots at home and is busier when we are out so doesn't BF as often then. AT home I just let her go on when she wants and sometimes I try and keep her busy doing crafts etc if I need a break. Or I get her to "help" me do chores and cleaning around the house. If she is busy doing something she is distracted enough to not bf so often.
Try keeping finger food healthy snacks out where he plays and see if he will go for that instead.

Honestly? I just let him nurse as much as he wanted. Are you getting touched out or are you having concerns about his eating habits? If it's getting touched out, I'd say it would help to spend a few evenings and then a weekend with your OH taking over if that's possible and you just having some downtime to recharge yourself. Distraction is also a gentle way of decreasing feeds, but won't work for every toddler, especially if they're nursing more because of teething pain or have an illness coming on (it usually works best if they're nursing out of boredom).
If it's that your concerned about his diet and solids intake and you're not physically/mentally bothered by the increased nursing, I would suggest just to go with the flow and trust his body to tell him what he needs. Making sure he knows food is available is a good suggestion from pp, too. I'd probably personally make it cold-ish food in case it's a tooth thing. When in doubt, I offered refrigerated pineapple, watermelon, and mandarin slices between meals so that he got the fluid and vitamin c in case he had a cold on the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->