Dental Treatment

C

Crypto1976

My colleague suggested that all nhs dental work is free/exempt when pregnant. Is this the case?

If so do you take your prescription cert? (sorry if this is my second silly question of the day!!)

I don't think ALL treatment is free - I think your normal scrape and polish plus check-up is but I would expect that you would still haveto pay for anything more serious (although they would prob no do serious dental work on you whilst preg anyway)

Dentist's are robbing sods! lol (no offence to any dentists out there I'm kidding!)

I am pretty sure all dental treatment is free - as with all prescriptions, etc.

EDIT: Just checked the NHS website and it says "Dental treatment" so I think this must mean all dental treatment - while pregnant and a year after birth x

You take your maternity exemption certificate (the same thing you use for free prescriptions). Funny I always knew that dentistry was free but never knew prescriptions were until I was pregnant!
Anyway I need two impacted wisdom teeth removed but I don't think they're going to do that while I'm pregnant.

Yes I just looked, and it looks like everything. This pregnancy lark is great!!

You take your maternity exemption certificate (the same thing you use for free prescriptions). Funny I always knew that dentistry was free but never knew prescriptions were until I was pregnant!
Anyway I need two impacted wisdom teeth removed but I don't think they're going to do that while I'm pregnant.

I just read something there that suggested that they hold off on extractions. I had two upper wisdom teeth done at the dentist but my lower ones done in hospital and I would put that off as long as you can, XXXX

Yes I just looked, and it looks like everything. This pregnancy lark is great!!

Apart from the throwing up 5/6 times a day I'm having a ball!! Sorry :p

free dental treatment is fab but I can't find an nhs dentist near me that's taking on patients for love nor money!! :-(

Dentist's are robbing sods! lol (no offence to any dentists out there I'm kidding!)

LOL, although my dentist is just beautiful. My family and I have private health insurance and when we go to the dentist (every 6mths) he swipes my health fund card and NEVER charges me the gap. We just went in Nov and hubby had some work done on his teeth, our out of pocket after our health fund was like $600 (there are 5 of us) and he NEVER charged us, he never does. He is so wonderful.

Now orthodontists, thats another story LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

that's it I am moving to the UK!!! free dental and things when your preggers, heck so if you need you teeth cleaned just go find a guy and get preggers!!!!:) JK!!!! that's awesome

It is good. We moved to a new area and there were no nhs dentists when we moved, however a new one has opened close by and I will register tomorrow I think.

that's it I am moving to the UK!!! free dental and things when your preggers, heck so if you need you teeth cleaned just go find a guy and get preggers!!!!:) JK!!!! that's awesome

Hahaha, in the long run I am not sure that would work out very economical!! £16.50 to have the teeth cleaned compared to £££££££ on a baby!!

It's nice to have the freebies though :) x

Ooppps sorry Hun it appears I have been misinformed! The thing I heard though was that if you needed a filling they wouldn't give you the silver ones when preg due to mercury risk but if you had white you had to pay as it's classed as cosmetic!

Hmmm! I dunno! My (hot) dentist has recently gone private so I'm screwed! Don't think there's any NHS ones taking on near us! Xxx

That is pretty nifty that you can get free dental care while pregnant! I'm pretty sure my insurance company doesn't cover the extra visits so I'll be paying out of pocket for one.

Yay! I went to my dentist for my routine check up and turned out i had to have a few xrays on my teeth (which is completely ok in pregnancy) and i partial filling, not with the metal stuff like a proper filling but with just white filler stuff and it was all free!

If my tooth had been more decayed he said i would have had injections and other filling anyway even tho i am preg! Anyway im sorted now and chufffed i didnt pay! xx

I'm having a problem finding an NHS dentist taking on patients, does anyone know of an easy way to find one without ringing them all?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->