Dentist??

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
My tooth is really hurting and im booked in to see the dentist later on this week and had a quick question i wonder if anyone can shed any light ...

Being pregnant can a dentist still take your teeth out? Obviously they have to give you injections and whatnot ... can they still do that if you are pregnant?

My problem being is that i still have one of my BABY teeth!! :rofl:

My adult tooth has grown out normally behind it and it had never bothered me or caused me pain so i have left it, since becoming PG it is starting to become a bit painful, i think they are going to say i have to have either/both teeth taken out!!

Cany anyone help? :hissy:

yeh u can i had mine out last time i was pregnant just make sure you tell them b4hand.

yer i had to go to dentist loads at beginning and had like injections in 1 week xx

I think there is a window of time when your pregnant that you can have things worked on.(sorry I cant remember what it is now:() Wanted to say though if they can do anything you should ask to be put on antibiotics just to be safe because a tooth infection can cause issues with pregnancy.

Don't know the answer to this - just wanted to day good luck!! I'm off to the dentist on Wednesday too.

Yeah I think so.
We got the free dentist card so I'm assuming it's allowed.

:)

I did a brief stint as a trainee dental nurse and the surgery I was in did do removals during pregnancy but I think it's down to the dentist. As said before get antibiotics as your gums are more delicate during pregnancy and infection is more likely and untreated infections can cause serious problems. Good luck

I think it depends on your dentist hun.

My wisdom teeth started coming through when I was about 20 weeks and now they are right through and very painful! My dentist point blank refused to remove them but did give me antibiotics to ease the pain and said he will remove them as soon as the baby is born.

However my cousin had her baby 6 weeks ago and had her wisdom teeth out but she had to wait til 3rd tri so think it depends on the dentist.

Good luck at your appointment xx

i dont know hun, im to scared to go to the dentist ive never had a filling let alone tooth out

I think it is fine for them to take a tooth out - I just went last week and the only thing they can't do really is take x-rays... :hugs:

I also think it's fine..

I've been to the doctor at around 20 weeks because of my wisdom teeth breaking out and he gave me pain medication that ended up a disaster!

He should've just pulled them out entirely!
Good luck!

Ooooh i've got a baby tooth still too!!! And my adult tooth has grown behind it just like yours! :D
But mines not painful!!
Sorry, i have no idea about the injections and stuff, i was just excited that someone has the same as me!! :D:D Yay!!
Good luck hun! Hope its not too painful!! :hugs:
xxx

I had a filling the other week and he knew I was pg and I could still have injections etc... all OK hope you feel better soon x x

I have 2 baby teeth at the back hon, no big ones to come thru after which is why they are still there!

one is quite loose and i went to dentist the other week, she said if it comes out then it comes out, but she would not pull it for me while im pg, they wont give me any injections or anything, but other dentists may be different!

eating everything on other side and praying it sticks a bit longer!!!

good luck xxxxx:hugs:

I have been to detinst lately and got injections for numbing so must be o.k

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back