Depressed

VanWest

1 baby, 4 step-kids
Reaction score
OKay, WHEN will I feel pregnant?? WHEN will I notice my huge gut has "poped" into a pregnant belly. I know I cant compare myself to others. Esp since Im a fat a$$. But Im becomeing depressed. I dont feel pregnant, I dont look pregnant. I'll be 15 weeks Saturday, Guess Im getting sad. I try to think postive, but wow its hard because when you have no symptoms or anything, I almost dont belive anything is inside me. sigh

It will come it just takes time,soon you'll have your little one doing aerobics in your tummy and waking you up.It won't be long till you are due for a US,I am guessing,that will make it alot more real.

I've had two but very early on when it looked like a black spot. Heard the heartbeat two weeks ago. I think Im depressed because my husband has had 4 kids and now that its my turn, and when Im worried all my worries are "stupid" or I think to much etc etc etc. I think Im in hormone over drive.

I didn't believe anything was inside me until I had my first scan! even then I kept looking at the scan photo over and over trying to take in that OUR baby was in my womb, such an odd feeling!! I kept telling my boyfriend that I was worried the baby would be dead or not there at all.. it's such a worrying time. Seeing your little baby moving on the screen is amazing isn't it?? (guessing you've had a scan, not sure if you have the same scan dates there? at 12 weeks?)

I filled out instantly but didn't get a proper little bump until at least 4 months.

It's normal to feel emotional.. it will pass. :) Hope you are ok.

I saw the baby at 8 weeks, so it looked like nothing :( I know deep down I wount show intill way later, but I guess I became upset because another girl on a different forum about the same dates as me has a bump, and I just look fatter. :(

u cant compare urself to others my friend is a larger lady and is nearly 20 weeks but doesnt actually look pregnant just bigger and she felt like u do but she has just started to feel bub moved and found out shes having a girl that it became real so hang in there wont be long and u will be over being pregnant

im further along than you are, and i have just started showing. everyone is different!!! it will come!

Thanks ladies for being so nice. I think I'll feel better when I feel little bean move then I'll really know something is in there! :D

:hugs:

I'm not a skinny girl either defo took a while before it was noticed by others & not just my mirror - Ya know what I seen where my baby was when I breathed in :lol:

Could you consider a private dating scan? Assuming you get the choice of that over where you are?

Thats very unfair of your hubby! This is your first baby and it comes with so much emotions, worries etc. I didn't have symptoms either really just tired, and exhausted quicker than usual - I felt the same until I started feeling movement but I also bought a doppler and hearing my babies HB made me smile & realise she was in there.

x

Hi VanWest, try not to worry hun. In all honesty don't wish some of the horrible pregnancy symptoms on yourself like the excessive morning sickness and soreness! As far as your bump the time will fly by so fast, but like many of the ladies said it is all relative to the person. I am at 22 weeks and unless I mention it to someone or they already know, no one can tell that I'm prego.

I think once you have your 18/20 wk ultra sound it'll be much more real for you.

Do you have a pregnancy journal at home, perhaps keeping a lil journal will help as well.

try to explain your husband that although he had four kids already for you it is the first time and everything is completely new!

I think it is normal to be more worried with the first one and it would be good if he could understand this.
(I was/am like this!)

if you just miss the visual aspect of it, it might be good to get a baby listener, which you can put on your belly whenever you want to hear the heart of the baby :baby:

but don't get depressed.
I think everbody get times throughout pregnancy where you get imaptient and want to see/feel something or you just get fed up with being pregnant!

I had times like this as well :hi:

I'm a bigger girl, and so I've hardly got a baby bump or anything of the sort. I've got a friend just a few weeks ahead of me, and her bump is HUGE! LOL I'm so jealous. But she's a tiny girl, I'm a lot larger so it'll take a little bit of time to see it on me.

Don't fret so much Van! :) I never think I have a baby in me until I go to my ultrasounds. It won't be too long until you have your 18week u/s and you'll see how amazing it's going to be. Everything's alright :) AND DON'T BE JEALOUS OF ANYONE, silly. We big girls are gorgeous too and it will be no time until our bumps pop out :friends:

Thank you for all the kind words ladies :D

Dear VanWest

Thanks for sharing your feelings. Your hubby seems inconsiderate (maybe not intentional though).

I joined the site today to find people in a similar situation to me, because I've just started my 15th week, and am depressed because I AM showing!!!

Apparently, NORMAL human beings don't begin to show until the 16th week, but I've had to buy larger bra's and clothes. I've already put on 9 kg's (starting at 109 kg's, but now 118 kg's).

I'm lucky my 9 wk ultrasound showed the baby moving a lot, but I think that's because it's my 3rd baby and it has lots more room to move. In my previous two pregnancies I don't recall the fetus's moving much. My other 2 kids are 10 and 8 now, and I remember I didn't start feeling my second baby kicking 'til much later than the first baby. This time was worrying too, but when she finally started moving, she was tossing and turning all over.

Hang in there and try to enjoy what you are going through (as opposed to what you're not going through). In the mean time, I'll try to take my own advise too. HEHE

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->