depression & anxiety tests

tina_h75

mommy of 3
Reaction score
I find it quite difficult to cope with things and I am a constant worrier and get upset really easily. I just did an online depression, anxiety and stress test mainly because I wanted the results to come back as normal and show there was nothing wrong but I just scored a severe result for depression and anxiety and a moderate result for stress. It said I should seek immediate medical advice and to monitor my levels. :cry: I wish I never took the stupid test, I was hoping I would get reassurance but now I feel even worse. I really don't want to go to the drs, I know if I try and speak about it then I will break down and I don't want medication either. Just don't know what to do now because going to the drs will be admitting that there is a problem and I really don't want that to be the case.

Hun i felt the same as you before i saw someone for my depression and anxiety.

First, stay away from those online tests, they are pretty useless and just make us feel 10 times worse usually. I realised i HAD to do something, for my son's sake - he was beginning to copy my traits and become anxious when it was obvious i was, no matter how hard i tried to hide it. I had also been steadily self harming for years (only on my thighs after my son was born in the hopes he wouldn't see). Seeing someone is admitting there is a problem... but admitting there is a problem will find you on the track to being problem free.

I knew i had to see a doctor but couldn't face actually talking to him. I made the appointment for a 'check-up and a few questions about how i'm feeling' with the receptionist over the phone and before i went, i wrote a list of the main points i wanted to make/issues i felt i had. When i went in, i said i was ok and that i had things i wanted to discuss but can't explain them properly and asked him to read what i'd wrote. I found this soooo much easier than doing the talking myself.

I decided to take medication for my problems (i was on citalopram for 12 months and came off of it with no problems, feeling much more balanced and able to cope) but i know drugs are not for everyone. Perhaps just getting it out in the open with a professional might help you a little? There are lots of other things to help depression and anxiety disorders that aren't directly related to pill poppping, there's changes in diet and exercise, working out a life plan with steps for you to take to improving how you feel, even just talking to someone neutral once you take that first step won't feel as bad as you fear it will be now.

Of course i know saying is easier than doing, but i was pretty far gone and managed to drag myself back. You DO have the strength within you honey, thinking of you :hugs:

I did one of these and wish I didn't too! I said I am severly depressed, have a higher anxiety level than 90% of the population and am in danger of self harming :cry:

I am the same as you, I dont want to go to the doctors, I dont want them to know what goes on in my head. I dont like admitting to a problem :(

The best thing I ever had done to me as a teen was to go to the doctor. I had a horrid bit of depression and had a HUGE fear of change. Quite irrational fears too. Once we worked through what was making me so depressed and being on some medication for about two years, everything started to get better. I was eventually weaned off the medication and I was given coping skills to cope with life and things out of my control. (that is my biggest issue)

I will say that visiting the psych doctor and then the counselors was the best thing ever for me. They will make you face things that you don't want to face and will tell you about your problems, but I promise that they will help it get better. I promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->