Dermatologist while preg?

nnaime

Blessed Mother of 2 little ones
Reaction score
I made an appointment to see a dermatologist a while ago for this discoloration/splotchiness between my hip rolls, I've had it for over a year now so it's unrelated to pg and now I'm thinking it's pointless to see the derm as there's probably nothing they can do now.

I don't think it's fungal or bacterial as I've tried treating for that myself in the past. It's not itchy or bothersomr and it doesn't change or spread.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I'm thinking of canceling my appointment, haven't mentioned to OB since it's unrelated to pg and she would probably just refer me to derm anyway

Keep or ditch the apt?

I'd keep it, no harm in going and they'll obviously only do any kind of test/treatment if it's fine during pregnancy. You still need to look after yourself unrelated to pregnancy too :flower: plus you may find once baby is here you don't have the time or inclination!

Keep it! I have a skin problem that turned out to be an auto-immune disease so it's definitely good to go still. :)

ETA - Not trying to scare you :dohh: just meaning it's important to still go and look after yourself. :)

Yes, go. Whilst there are some treatments you can’t have whilst pregnant, there are lots that you can have. As Talia said, you still have to look after yourself too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->