Derren Brown: Hero at 30,000 feet

me but i stil cant help but not believe it lol. i just think its all staged actin. think im a tad sceptical :haha: x

Lol I've seen him in a live show, the things he does are definitely not staged. And I'm mainly a skeptic :) I feel sorry for the poor guy though

I watched it. Makes me a bit scared tbh.. that we can be influenced in that way. I bet he was really, really freaked out watching it all back.

Makes me wonder what people do to me when I'm asleep :lol:

i dont get it :S (obviously not watching lol) so this guy randomly get on a plane, scared of planes, and he saves the plane from falling 30,000 feet? wheres the pilot?

Lol no, it's basically saying that it's a basic human instinct for people to see an event unfolding and just walk past and ignore it because we don't want to be the one that steps up to help. He put this guy through loads of subtle challenges and then he got on a plane to Jersey. All the passengers were actors. The air steward made an announcement that the the captain had taken ill and they needed someone to help land the plane. Eventually he said he would help and as he walked to the cockpit, Derren stepped out and hypnotized him. They took him to a flight simulator once they landed and while he was unconscious and then in short they told him how to land the plane. But it wasn't til he "landed" and stepped out that he realised he's been put in a simulator

lol oh thats good then :) did he manage it?

Me and Oh watched it and thought it was a big load of Crap and Oh is a fan

It was ok till it got to the bit where he was meant to be asleep but went down to see DB in the garden it was so totally fake, I mean would you not think that it was odd plus that Matts gf was deffo an actress

Also why did matt not think it was werid that people kept leaving a jack in the box on his door step.

All in all a very poor program, even worse than the lottery one

I am not sure what it is about him but I dont like him :( I wish I did as I find it really interesting but the "dream" bit was crazy and if he strapped me to a train track I would be hitting him VERY hard after!

Had to record it and finally got round to watching it today.

Not sure I believe it was real? I really hope it was, and if it was then he is amazing!
Wonder what they are doing next week?

xx

The only thing that made me question it was the Jack in the Box.

Otherwise I was utterly enthralled and *might* have shed a tear at the end...

I felt really emotional at the end lol. When he was in the plane and they were asking for someone to help
xx

Me and Oh watched it and thought it was a big load of Crap and Oh is a fan

It was ok till it got to the bit where he was meant to be asleep but went down to see DB in the garden it was so totally fake, I mean would you not think that it was odd plus that Matts gf was deffo an actress

Also why did matt not think it was werid that people kept leaving a jack in the box on his door step.

All in all a very poor program, even worse than the lottery one

i so agree with you,very fake.iturned off after the garden part.

tbh it's all completely plausible. if you understand hypnosis etc even a little bit you'll get it. ppl who think it was fake just don't understand!

My OH thought that it was all staged in a ploy to inspire someone watching it on tv at home and maybe the person who is inspired by it, is the one who will be on the next programme! Lol i dunno what to think but i enjoyed watching it.

The guy in this went to school with me (was in my year and knew him quite well)... he lives nearby too lol... Was quite shocked when I read it on a friends facebook and then had to watch it just to be nosey haha. Was a good watch though! x

i didnt believe it, i think the illusion is on the viewers to entertain us and baffle us which it does and thats why we watch him, but its all acting absolutely, some of his stuff is real like his stage shows but this programme wasnt real .

no way did he get him out of bed talk to him and then him not know the difference between reality and dreaming.

we know he does the tricks because in some of his shows we're all convinced its 'magic' and then he tells us how he did it. so this is no different :)

The hypnosis is genuine though, it's not pretend. A lot of his stuff is illusion but he doesn't ask people to fake hypnosis :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->