desats alert...

anangata

Reaction score
my little girl was born at 27 weeks & 5 days and now at 37 weeks BUT still having desats specially during or after feeding. started breast contacts and bottle feeding at 35 weeks and just today the pediatricians ceased her on bottle or breastfeeding coz of more frequent and mild desats. anyone with same probs????

So is it just a pacing issue? Keira can't bottle feed because she chokes (part of a pacing problem) and desats so bad she goes limp and dusky. I have never had her on a monitor while breastfeeding so not sure if she desats at all during breastfeeds. We only got her home because she is so good at breastfeeding. I was told any baby can have pacing issues but nobody seems to be able to tell me when she will outgrow it or if there is a way to help her with it.

My son did this but grew out of it. He is now almost 5 months and hasn't had any problems. He Was born at 29 weeks and spent 9 weeks in NICU and came home on a monitor.

When did he grow out of it, Daisy?

Alex did this right up until near the end of our stay, it really was something she grew out of

Same for Daniel he was born at 27+5 as well, i was told they de-sat more as they working extra hard at sucking swollen and breathing at the same time, so they get tried more quickly forcing them to require more oxygen, we used to turn Daniels oxygen up at feed times,

xx

Alex was born at 27+3 and had desats during feeds. It's something he got used to before we came home at 86 days. He is on home O2 and has had no problems with desats at all.

my little guy was 27+0 and he also had constant desats during feeds. They just gradually lessened until they disapeared completely. He came home a month after his due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->