Desperate for a boy :(

lyla's_mummy

Mum of 2
Reaction score
as above really feel terrible for feeling like this , it took over 4 years to concieve this baby and I know I should be just beso thankfull for that, but I know if its a girl I will be gutted , only 13 weeks so wont find out sex for a while yet , but the "nub" looks girly. I mentioned wanting a boy to dh and he was shocked he isnt bothered either way.Please tell me this feeling will go away we have a dd and I adore her she is amazing but a boy would complete our family and since this will defo be last baby its my last chance.

Don't feel terrible, you can't help it. Try not to worry for now as you don't know for sure yet. I felt a bit down when we found out we were having another boy but it does sink in and you get used to it

Definitely don't feel bad. I wanted a girl more than anything and I found out today I'm having a boy. It's perfectly normal to be disappointed. (I still put on the fake smile for family though.)

It's very, very normal to feel disappointed, and to grieve the "loss" of the gender you wanted if your baby is the opposite. It's awful but please don't feel bad. It's more common than a lot of people think.

I wanted 2 boys so, so so badly but I am expecting a girl. I've come around to the idea since finding out (5 weeks ago) but I still have days where I cry over it and mourn the loss of the second son I will never be able to have.

its ok to feel GD.

i am over the moon with having a boy soon.

Hi lyla, I just went back and double checked your nub and it does look pretty girly, will this def be your last? Was you trying for 4 years for your bfp?? If your dh would be wanting another one in the future then maybe you could try swaying for your little man if this isn't him. Will you find out or wait for delivery??

It's OK to feel like that and it's also OK to find it hard to come to terms with what you're feeling and be honest with yourself about it! I've only ever wanted a boy really and we've been told we're expecting our 2nd daughter! It was definitely harder to hear this time round and I've still not completely come to terms with it. It won't stop me from loving her as much or anything, there's just a bit of a void that I don't think can ever be filled with anything but having a son and there's nothing I can do to change that! I at least have the luxury of knowing that we're likely to have more children at some point in the next decade! It hasn't stopped me from crying since my husband came home from work just over an hour ago and told me that my SIL's expecting a little boy in January! I already cry over baby boy clothes in shops so goodness knows how I'll cope buying presents for them!

Beca :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->