• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

**desperately need after depo stories**

lmp1505768

Reaction score
So, im being a bit proactive after everything I've read about conceiving after Depo. It seems like most women end up on clomid or something close eventually anyways,so why not just start out that way.

My last shot was march 1st,2011. However,due to my doctor losing the record of my december shot,I was on BCP in april and part of may(my doctor swore it wouldn't affect the effectiveness of Depo, according to my last obgyn,she was wrong) I stopped mid may when they found the record.

July and august I took the BCP again. Stopped at the beginning of September (around the 5th I think) had a withdrawl bleed from the ninth to the seventeenth.

I have yet to ovulate (according to OPKs) and only get a period from withdrawn bleeds on BCP.

So its been about four months of nothing,if you don't include the april-may BCP which should have helped regulate my cycle.

I figured I might as well try clomid now, to see if it will jumpstart ovulation, and then I can try and get normal cycles back and start TTC. Im setting up an appointment with my new obgyn this upcoming week.

So id love to hear your Depo stories! Specifically, how long it took you to start ovulating again,was it natural or induced, anything else that worked for you.

And out of pure curiosity, if you were given or not given clomid, what was the gender of your doctor(im working on a trend here :) )

Thanks ladies!

I've been off depo a couple times in my life. I would say three of the times it took me a couple months for things to go back to normal. One of the times it didn't take a month and then three months later I got pregnant with my son. Right now I've been off it for over 2 months and nothing is going on. I tried soy for 5 days with last pills two days ago so I'm waiting to see if that will get me to ovulate. I've noticed that it did help with something cause I've been having cramps and my cervix is getting soft, so something is better than nothing! But if in a couple weeks I don't get any positive OPK or feel anything going on I'm gonna try Vitex. Good luck!

When I first came off of my depo it took about three months until periods got more regular/normal, but I think it varies with the individual. I too am scared that when I come off it in the future I will take ages to conceive :(

I was on the depo for about 18months. When i stopped it took 8months for AF to come back:growlmad: then had a couple of weird cycles then i got pregnant with my LO who is now 7months. GL xx

i went on depo after my daughter was born in 1996, was on it 2 years until i stopped it then had my son just over a year later
went back on depo in 2000 after birth of my son and had been on it without a break until this year, (yep just over 11 years without a break) injection was due in June and i had a period in september, and OPK's have confirmed i ovulated this month too

so it just shows the depo affects different people in different ways xx

I've never had the shot but my sister had it since she was 15. She had her last shot Nov 2010, booked in for the next in end of Feb 2011, wasn't able to get an appointment for it till end of March so was put on BCP till then. When she went for the shot end of March she was pregnant and baby is due in November, one month before she turns 23.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->